What series have you finally caught up with?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Well? Is there some ongoing book series where you've finally read all the parts that have been released, or did you just recently get to the latest chapter of Naruto, or is there some TV series where you watched all the parts? Or something different?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Taking the term 'series' very loosely, it was only recently with the release of Dead Space 3 that I actually finished the first two games.

Also just yesterday or so I finally caught up on Graham and Paul's, from LoadingReadyRun, Let's Play of The Cursed Crusade. The game looks so terrible...

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Recently got bang up to date with The Walking Dead (the tv series. Just bought the first graphic novel, need to get around to reading it). The latest episode was absolutely cracking, it's my favourite this series. I was a bit worried with the whole 'Rick is going nuts' and Andrea being a dribbling moron, but it's still great.

That said, if I was Michonne I would have given Carl a right smack. Idiot child.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
shrekfan246 said:
Also just yesterday or so I finally caught up on Graham and Paul's, from LoadingReadyRun, Let's Play of The Cursed Crusade. The game looks so terrible...
Did you watch the last episode? Man, that game...just cuts. That's it, it's like budget ran out and they went "OK, whatever - ship it now". Aside from being overall bad, of course. Dante's Inferno was definitely better - even if you solely take the fact that it's shorter.

OT: Nothing, actually. Not very recently, at least. There was last weekend (a week ago, not the one a day ago) when I caught up with the Game Grumps' Sonic '06 LP but they've added new episodes now. I could watch them today but I'm just going to fall behind. Meh, may as well watch them.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I finally caught up with Parks and Recreation last night. It was as awesome as I thought it would be.

I still haven't seen the Doctor Who Christmas special though.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
TheRightToArmBears said:
Recently got bang up to date with The Walking Dead (the tv series. Just bought the first graphic novel, need to get around to reading it). The latest episode was absolutely cracking, it's my favourite this series. I was a bit worried with the whole 'Rick is going nuts' and Andrea being a dribbling moron, but it's still great.

That said, if I was Michonne I would have given Carl a right smack. Idiot child.
Michonne will be in the right and I always root for Carl to get bitten, is that wrong of me?

The graphic novel is fantastic and you won't be disappointed, but I will say there are differences between the two and I think it's better that way.

OT: Doctor Who is really the big one for me since I've kind of slacked off about getting caught up with it, but I stopped being lazy and went on a marathon. Glad I did it.

By tomorrow I will be caught up with Game of Thrones since I came into the series late and I'm loving what I'm seeing so far.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
I watched all of Breaking Bad about a month ago. At the moment I'm going through all of Parks and Recreation. After that I think I'll give Mad Men, The Wire and The Walking Dead goes.

Going all american

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
The most recent is Breaking Bad, like many other people I did a massive marathon of all five seasons. I guess some of the impact was lost without waiting for new episodes, but I still loved the whole journey. Thankfully I had kept away from all spoilers, so it was all fresh. I'm planning on watching the episodes of TWD I've missed sometime, probably when season 3 comes out on Blu-Ray or Netflix.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Not so much caught up, but I did finally watch the first season of The Walking Dead.

Maybe I'll piss people off by saying this, but I really wasn't that impressed by it. The first episode was pretty good despite borrowing heavily from 28 Days Later, but it becomes pretty mediocre afterward. Especially when the main dude (I forgot his name) joins the group of survivors.

I don't feel it does anything generally interesting and that season's finale was pretty silly. The videogame blows this show out of the water.

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
Up to date with Mad Men, and I have the boxset of everything Monty Python have ever done to slog through come the holidays (good reason to fail my A-Levels methinks).

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Well I've had the entire series of Soul Eater on my shelf for over a year. Finally got around to watching it all last month.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I just finished catching up with the Medaka Box anime a week ago. Well, I say "catch up" but I skipped half the first series because it's just an average slice of life comedy anime up until the second arc or so. Then it's a pretty awesome battle manga.

I leave every manga i'm up to date with for about a month or so on purpose so I can read 5 or so chapters at once. It takes me like 3 minutes max to finish your standard 19 page issue.

Oh and I have one maybe two episodes of Psycho Pass to go through still and i'm still sitting on Angel Beats... Then I need to finish Katawa Shoujo... Like 5 times. However many routes their are.

I'm playing too much LoL dammit. Jayce is just too Juicy to stop playing :3

"POWER SLAM!"

Talaris

Sep 6, 2010
Finally at long last getting round to watching Battlestar Galactica, and damn is it good. I mean, I'm a fan of Stargate, and I know BSG got raving reviews when it was on, but I just never felt the urge to pick it up until now.

No point in me even mentioning anime as all too often I stop one show to watch another, then catch up with it later. And something as long as Bleach feels like I'll never make it, though 284 our of 360 is not so far off now.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well I'm one episode behind on the latest season of Community. Funny how I was aware that it was up in Feburary after they mess up the aired day but then I competely forgot about it. I guess it had fall under the radar for me as no one had mention the return of it.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
After some pause I recently picked up Community again with s2, blew through s3 in two days and now I think it's the best series ever.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I'm nearly at season 5 of Breaking Bad after a week and a half or so. Damn good show.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I watched all six seasons of The Sopranos in a very brief period of time some months ago. And now it's my numbah one show.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Finally got to watch season two of Game of Thrones. Just had to wait almost a year for HBO to finally release it.

You see this, HBO? This is why your show is the most pirated on the entire internet. I personally know eight people who absolutely love this show. None of us have HBO (most of us don't even have cable). I'm the only one who bought season two (through Amazon, in HD, because the show is awesome). Everyone else I know watched the episodes online, either a day or two after each new episode aired, or all at once in June when it ended. Had you released the show to iTunes/Amazon/GooglePlay in July or August, most of them would have waited and bought it. Waiting until February pushed them well past the point of patience.