What should be in modern warfare 3

leviticusd

Mar 19, 2009
I would like to see more focus on the plot. I am curious what happens next, but it it was so all over the place it took me two playthroughs to understand it. Maybe all the firings will allow new talent to step in and make some much needed changes that won't make this just a clone of the first two.

I'd like a better epic boss fight at the end. The (minor spoilers here) shock "Oh, crap this is the ending" moment in the first one was great, but was really stupid and predictable in the second one. I think the ending of the next one should be obviously coming and borderline impossible (realism is gone, so lets go epic!)

Multiplayer, I would like to tame down kill streak rewards and alternate ways of killing a person (for lack of a better word). I've gone complete games where I was only killed by grenades, knifes, shotguns and rewards. I just wanted one person to actually kill me with their PRIMARY weapon!

I'd like more options for people who like to keep party chats intact. I understand why they made the change and I'm glad they gave us some maps that allow party chat, but I'd like to do some something other than ground war everyonce in a while in which I can still talk to my friends without listening to everybody else in the group's opinion on our conversation.

The co-op stuff was good and could use a bit more polish, but should be added in again as well.

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
story than a bad one.[/quote]
Tharwen said:
I wish you could choose to knife twice instead of putting the knife away then taking it out again to knife two people. Also, why don't grenades explode when you get killed between removing the pin and throwing them?
There is a safty grip on it that as long as that has pressure on it it wont go off.

nomad240

Aug 13, 2008
okay guys I have this crazy notion and it might be a bad idea but . Split screen. story, multiplayer, and keep the spec ops add that and I'm golden.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Today I got a painkiller hitmarker with a Predator missile.

Yeah.

Also, I don't snipe but a 50 Cal bullet should be a one hit kill.

TheDrHuw

Jul 23, 2009
ive been thinking, what kind of new guns could they put into MW3 to create veriaty, they could just put in the same gun, but with a different skin, i just cant think of eny new one that are worth putting in and are not too futuristic

on topic:
longer campaign
cheaper map packs
no nukes

derelict

Oct 25, 2009
I'm gonna go with "don't make it."

Reason being, the first game, story wise, was fantastic. Second was...well, a little out there, and not nearly as interesting or engaging, however the multiplayer, particularly the spec ops, was great. No need to continue to tack on nonsense to the game, just make a new plot, possibly keeping the same feel of the previous two games.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
More Bolt-Action snipers.
More guns in general.
Less aircraft.
More destructibility.
KIll off makarov near the end of the campaign and replace him with a more awesome final boss.

Tuddle

Nov 12, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
And perhaps the Ability to hit people with your Sidearm, like a Quicker, less powerful melee attack.
You are on to something. Kind of like the riot shield takes two hits instead of knife being a one-hit kill.

On Topic:
I hope at the ending part of the match they have random little kill cam awards:
(For example in MW2 there is last kill cam in slow motion).
Only they take different parts of the match you just played and put it something like this:

Like for Example:

If you were the only person to get a triple kill it would go and show everybody
what happened in slow-motion*.
Then it will show the longest distance kill, in slow-motion*.
Then the longest kill streak, not in slow-motion that would take to long.
Then the final match kill, just like they have in MW2 right now.
And maybe add some more kill-cam awards before last kill-cam.

*Means:(just like last kill-cam)

Chrinik

May 8, 2008
The Austin said:
An in game mechanic that reads your microphone frequency. Any voice over 1840 λ/Per second gets booted out of the game. That 'aughta show those damn 12 year olds.
And all girls that might be playing the game....

gbc1230

Nov 19, 2009
ingednicol said:
Bonjour, title says it all really, oh and no "don't make it shit, huh huh derp" comments, be original and constructive.

My suggestions:

More balanced guns
More guns
more melee weapons
harder to hack
all headshots kill instantly

and the floor is open!
really?
make the game more balanced with instant kill headshots? i like your other ideas but that would really fuck up the game and make luck even more prominent in combat
i would say take out 3 burst guns, they have been a problem since cod4
have a BETA (duh)
take out things like thermals and heartbeat sensors that can really make the game unbalaced (i know they have counters but if i want to counter both then i'm stuck using the same class all the time)
fix death streaks so they don't work outside your spawn, they are meant to stop spawn trapping not make you unfairly powerful
give the guns legitimate recoil and lower damage so firefights aren't based on who sees who first and require more skill
add a mode that is insanely fair and balanced that takes out a lot of the craziness and fun in a way but makes it more balanced so good players can have a fair game
and ban hackers/douchebag glitchers on a 2 strike policy so there will be less abuse

emptyother

Feb 12, 2008
Singleplayer: More Soap or McTavish style missions. Less American type missions. And give the AI longer reaction time, because having enemies instantly start firing, trough walls and smoke as easy as trough clear air is just annoying, making the game nearly impossible for all but twitch-aim gamers.
But a lot of action is great, even though the story suffered a bit. But the stories aint that bad; ive seen worse in popular television series without hearing anyone complaining.
Coop: MORE! And support for at least up to 4 players, because i have more than one friend. It would also be awesome if the main mission was coop-playable.
Multiplayer: Dedicated servers, or some other way for people to choose if they want to be a host. And vote-kick, for the love of all that is holy in pc gaming, give us back some way of kicking assholes and obviously cheaters. And a small thing: i want an attack-dogs kill-streak.

Pills_Here

Dec 10, 2009
naw, naw! They need to ditch "modern warfare" entirely and make the next CoD game some manner of future warfare.

But on topic, with the limited amount I've played it I think more diverse classes would be nice.

DominicxD

Dec 28, 2009
Make it less realistic and more of a LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY experience.

jopomeister

Apr 7, 2010
CoD4 with better Grapchics should do it
Online co-op Campaign, for those of us who have no real friends.
After beating Campaign, to be able to play it with your online character (So, with perks and stuff, so you can have some real fun)
New type of online gameplay (Be able to select 'Knifes only' for example).
No stupid perks like Commando (Knifing at 7m, seriously?), or useless perks like Scrambler.
Preferably test the game before launching it, so there are less 'Model 1887' type shenanigans.
Make Surpressed Sniper Rifles actually worth something.
Different kinds of customizable 'avatars' (So, being able to select different models of Ghillie for your sniper, for example).
A kind of equipment, some kind of health pack, which gives you a quick full-health when in dire need.
No Tactical Insertion, or somehow limit it.

I apologize for small wall of text.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
gbc1230 said:
take out things like thermals and heartbeat sensors that can really make the game unbalaced (i know they have counters but if i want to counter both then i'm stuck using the same class all the time)
I have to agree.

In COD4 there was Stopping Power/Juggernaut and Dead Silence for the ninja builds.

Now it's just all too complicated and chaotic, too many colours make a messy painting.

Agrael

Jul 16, 2009
Longer Single Player.
Dedicated servers for PC.

Nothing else.

(People who WHINE about kill streaks - get over it. VERY easy to counter - Stinger :))

Kadamon

Feb 8, 2009
How about an actual storyline? And no more of that "There's gonna be a space level" shit that kill a lot of our dreams.