What Shouts do you actually use in Skyrim?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I used to use Whirlwind Sprint and Marked for Death fairly often, but now about the only shout I use is Aura Whisper with the occasional use of Throw Voice.(which was the most awesome thing ever when I first got it)

95spartans

Jul 18, 2011
slow time. you can dodge pretty much anything except a fus roh dah from a draugr deathlord and can kill a large group of melee fighters quickly.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
I don't use shouts I find them as a cheap as easy way to get through fights. I'd rather rely on my magic and bows to kill dragons. Not dragonrend.

However shouting people off cliffs is probably the most fun I've had in ages with a game.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Slow Time, with Ice Form every now and again (Usually when I saw a hagraven or two)

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
I really only use Unrelenting Force, mostly for the spectacle of flinging my enemies off or into things.

I don't like this whole dragon stuff. It's neither fun nor interesting to me. So I don't get into it.

All Thieves Guild, all the time.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
None during combat, I have a bow that kills most things in one shot. Out of combat I usually use Become ethereal for jumping down massive cliffs or whirlwind sprint for travelling.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I stuck with FUS RO DAH! most of the time. Didn't use shouts that often in combat though... did it mainly to piss off guards.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
I use that speed-dash shout, but most of the time they're all kind of worthless.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Fire Breath, because enemies can't kill you if they're dead and on fire.
Whirlwind Sprint for when I feel like exploring but don't feel like running.
Unrelenting Force, because it's to be expected.

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
Up until my sneaky stabby character got strong enough to kill basically anything in one shot, I used Throw Voice to aid in sneaking, Marked for Death for things that survived the initial backstab (Up until shadow warrior, then I just started slitting the throats of everyone in my path). Fus Ro Dah was really useful in the beginning, when pushing someone off a high spot was a more reliable method of dealing damage than flailing with my little knives.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
SHARP546 said:
I find that I only use one Shout, really. The Become Ethereal Shout. The offensive shouts take too long to cooldown and the others are just useless imo. If you're an idiot like me and refuse to fast travel, Become Ethereal is very useful. For one, you don't use stamina while ethereal so you can sprint for a good while longer. It's also useful when 'fast travelling' down mountains or running like a scared little girl from a boss you aren't prepared to fight.
So, what do you guys think?
I use that Ethereal Shout in much the same way. It's surprisingly useful when you've got a gaggle of enemies who are way above your capability chasing you and nowhere to run but straight down.

As for other shouts I use?

-Unrelenting Force for knockdown and blasting enemies off cliffs (never fail to make me giggle), and the ever useful stagger of dragons so I can add a few more *****-slaps to them with my dual swords.
-Whirlwind Sprint for exploration of places (you'd be amazed at how many things can be reached with a simple 60ft horizontal leap)
-Dragonrend to bring dragons down to play with the aforementioned *****-slap swords
-Stormcall for those moments when I've discovered that I have a conga line of enemies chasing me and I can't be arsed to deal with them, so I climb on top of a rock and let Thor go all Heavy Metal on them.

Otherwise, I'd rather just smack my problems with my swords.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Clear Skies is the one I use the most often to interrupt dragons and end snowstorms.
Fus Ro Dah if I need some space between me and my enemies (I'm an archer)
Whirlwind sprint if I'm carrying to much and need to get to my horse
Call dragon when I was doing the imperial questline since it was fucking awesome to call a dragon down on a hostile city. I may go piss off some guards and do it again for the lulz. I used storm call as well for that but it wasn't as awesome, but still cool.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I use quite a few actually.
I use fus ro dah as my default. A good shout for when you're just plain panicked and need breathing room. About a mile of it.
If I need to run from something, I freeze it.
If something has ridiculous levels of damage resistance, I use marked for death on it. It's also cool because it means your character literally shouts "KILL!".
I use a variety of others if and when they come in handy.

95spartans

Jul 18, 2011
GobbieGoldchain said:
I wish I can summon Gormlaith Golden-Hilt instead. Ah, well.
you can. you need to only use one word instead of all three. she's still a ghost though I think

(copied from the wiki)
Hun - Gormlaith Golden-Hilt
Hun Kaal - Felldir the Old (might be a mage)
Hun Kaal Zoor - Hakon One-Eye