What song or instrumental stunned you recently or in the past after the first time you heard it?

MacLeod

Nov 23, 2015
What song or instrumental stunned you recently or in the past after the first time you heard it?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Do You Feel It? by Chaos Chaos. It was used in a Rick and Morty episode where Rick tried to kill himself. <youtube=-q3RgbeQ-QY>

It's honestly not that great of a song, but it was very moving when I watched the episode.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Puts most of the modern music I've heard to shame. Swaying even before the voices began.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Manowar - Heart of Steel

From a band that made its name known by all the power metal ballads and strong vocals, here's a song which takes all that and perfects the style.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Well, this one gave me some serious reactions.

Apart from that, the cover Disturbed made of The Sound of Silence was a fucking masterpiece and really blew me away. I'm not a fan of the band and I'm a bit annoyed by the vocal editing(his low notes doesn't sound right and I've yet to find a video where he does them live), but overall the video and the song is mesmerising.

visiblenoise

Jul 2, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0MVorsf8D8

I liked all of the other songs on this album, but this is the only one that really hit me the first time I heard it. I haven't become tired of it yet.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Too many to list honestly. Music is one of the most emotionally impacting things in my life. It's a regular event for the songs in my playlist to bring me to tears as I listen to them, even after the first time.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I watched Sound! Euphonium a few months back and it reminded me why I used to like orchestra music so much. Had the orchestra version of the opening basically on repeat constantly for the past couple of days.
I wouldn't say I was stunned by hearing the euphonium itself, but I was pretty surprised to find out it was the name of an instrument. I'd genuinely never heard of it before I watched the anime, I just assumed it was some catchy word made up for the title.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Leviathan - The Smoke of Their Torment.

I bloody love a heavy dose of atmosphere, and when a black/death metal band can pull it of it's a win-win situation for me.

It's no Anaal Nathrak's Ashes Screaming Silence, but it is still freaking awesome.

iAmNothing

Feb 22, 2012
The Father Complex by Many Rooms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC_nFgJAcuQ
Hauntingly beautiful

2HF

May 24, 2011
The drum solo that made me realize I was never going to amount to anything as a drummer.

Someone embed this for me.

https://youtu.be/AqZceAQSJvc

That's Santana at Woodstock playing "Soul Sacrifice".

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012

I've been on an Enforcer binge ever since I heard that, which was 2-3 weeks ago. And that's the first I've heard of Enforcer. Turns out I like every single one of their tracks.

While I'm at it - another instrumental track from them:

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Several great orchestral tracks have done this for me, but I suppose the one that always sticks out in my mind is "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" by Two Steps From Hell. To me, this is what happens when you merge the concepts of power and beauty and transpose the result into song.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011

I already fellate this band pretty often and I've linked plenty of songs from them in music threads here. They never fail to impress.

Feb 26, 2014
A little warning for this song. It does involve violence, murder, suicide, and rape. If you dislike the mention of any of these then this song may not be for you.