What song "speaks to you" the most?

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
xHipaboo420x said:
EClaris said:
Yay! My taste was vindicated by a stranger!
Whether or not that was sarcastic, you are very welcome.
No it was genuine. Also, judging by your compliment, I'm sure your taste is fantastic too.

And to stay on topic I'd like to tack on "This Year" and "Up the Wolves" by The Mountain Goats

Mar 26, 2008
Being of similar vintage to Frank Turner himself his music really speaks to me, this song more than others

<youtube=mQMVHhxTtLc>

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
I don't expect anyone to have seen this or really understand it beyond something trippy. But this song holds a special meaning for me, because of what i took from it.

We're catching bullets with our teeth
It's hard to do but they're so sweet
And if they take a couple out
We'll try to work things out

The way i read the song was that it was about facing up to something and not looking for an easy way out or an alternative. You stand up and face the music, take it like a man. I found this all the more true in the second verse "You whisper prayers into the dark, up to a God in whom you've never believed". It felt like when someone asks for God to sort out their problems even if they're not religious just because they're desperate and it's an easy way out. Looking at it even in a metaphorical sense, "catching bullets in your teeth" is not even something humanly possible, but if you do manage the impossible, they "taste all the more sweet" for it. You reap the fruits of your struggle, so to speak. I hope someone enjoys this song as much as i do. It also holds sentimental value as it reminds me of someone who was important to me.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
These two:
<youtube=ODTv9Lt5WYs>
and
<spoiler=Not sure why really... just does><youtube=YEvVIgCm1zg>

Though recently this has been talking to me alot
<spoiler=this is sorta how my life has been so far, if it were a fairy tale><youtube=-3hyrkzFRss>

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
All Apologies

What else should I be
All apologies
What else could I say
Everyone is gay
What else could I write
I don't have the right
What else should I be
All apologies
In the sun
In the sun I feel as one
In the sun
In the sun
Married
Buried

I wish I was like you
Easily amused
Find my nest of salt
Everything is my fault
I'll take all the blame
Aqua seafoam shame
Sunburn, freezerburn
Choking on the ashes of her enemy

All in all is all we are

LorChan

Jul 15, 2009
VaudevillianVeteran said:

Reminds me a little of myself when I was younger, not to mention it's a fantastic song.
This. Flagpole Sitta isn't actually available properly on iTunes in Canada, but I love it.
My own personal one is pretty much anything from I Am Kloot, and a few individual songs.

I can't find a youtube video of it that isn't live.
As you can see, there are a few! Not to terribly many, but a few.

FoRtMinor44

Mar 3, 2011
haha beat me to the punch! But this is a great song and one of my favorite songs to play on guitar!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_LxyhCJpsM

FoRtMinor44

Mar 3, 2011
InnerRebellion said:
Astoria said:
This is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard and so many of the lines in it perfectly describe things about my life and my friends lives too.

Yes, yes, yes. I love that song too.
YES! RISE AGAINST! I also love to play this one on guitar!

Doctor What

Jul 29, 2008

There is just something about this song that makes me smile, cringe and laugh at the same time.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Right now, this:

Lyrical quote:

We all know, no need to remind us
We all know but won't connect the dots We all know, locked away inside us
We are dying for tomorrow
We are living for today

That's just the chorus and it's a lot more meaningful after the verses. But it's really quite relevant, especially considering that the album is about a futuristic society wherein man is almost extinct and struggling to prolong the life of the species.

And by the same songwriter, the entire album by Guilt Machine [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0gCPSa0t4E&playnext=1&list=PLCAB2D3DB20BB83EF]