Boston - More than a feeling

Great Big Sea - Pretty much every song

Green Day - King for a day

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

Knaan - Waiving Flag (Haiti version)

Michael W Smith - Healing Rain

Spectral Dragon

Jun 14, 2011
Always look on the bright side of life is a given.
Just about anything by OK GO.
Oooh, Machinae Supremacy's cover of Gimme More. :D

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Um... well... I sort of... really like...
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Tal Bachman - High Above Me
Eiffel 65 - Blue

Yea I do realize this automatically makes me gay.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Last Hugh Alive said:
If I'm remembering the right forum, I think there was recenly-ish a thread on the Escapist forums asking people what songs make them sad, or something like that. So yeah, my thread is basically that, except I wanna know what songs inspire you in the opposite way and give you that warm, fuzzy feeling. I'm hoping this will be an interesting thread.

And I'm fully aware this isn't the most innovative thread and there's bound to be at least someone who'll come in here and say "Oh look, THIS thread again" or "Its called the search button, gaaawwl". Well I haven't seen this in a while. But fuck it, you can never be too happy right?

Here's mine: "Let The Drummer Kick" by Citizen Cope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw8XZA76zPo

This song really used to make me happy in a time when I needed it most.
Hey, good OT.

Mine is that classic from Eurythmics, 'Sex Crime'.

Only thing I don't like about it, is it sounds like its saying '1985' or '1989' but it must be saying '1984' but it doesn't sound like it is. Oh well, still an awesome song - enjoy!

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I Can't Decide - Scissor Sisters. A great moment in Dr. Who springs to mind.

leonfei

Sep 17, 2008
Flag in the Ground by Sonata Arctica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kObI4XuTR2o&ob=av3e

Besides the uplifting tune, the theme of it makes me feel like I can have my own life one day.

EDIT: On a side note, anyone who has played and enjoyed Mass Effect listen to this and tell me it doesn't make you feel awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6PMJYoaGf8

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Rabish Bini said:
Therapy? snip
I love Therapy? so fucking much.

I think Screamager is one of the ones that makes me the happiest.

OT: Anything by Streetlight Manifesto makes me happy. Anything by NOFX makes me happy. If I had to choose specific songs, I would explode...so I'm just going to post one song from each band at random.

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
No one has said this yet?

Granted you have to have a certain sense of humor, but this song is so happy! As soon as I hear the riff, I get happy. :)

<youtube=wsdy_rct6uo&ob>

This one too:

<youtube=cXWbMu4PtpE>

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
No matter what song Korpiklaani plays, it makes me happy. It's just the perfect music to cheer me up.

To be more precise:

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
Someone on this forum mentioned Cloud Cult and I started to really get into 'em.

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
"Wistful smile/happy memories" kinda happy:
When people were dancing to Boys2Men, or some other random R&B group, this was our "wedding song". (...and infinitely easier to dance to in an overtight suit and flowing gown, I might add.)

"Can't have a bad day" kinda happy:
I can listen to all 7 chapters of this, and tend to, since it's all a single file on my phone. And not the Ringo Starr BBC rendition, it has to be all Harry Nilsson or I turn it off. (What the producers of Ringo's version did to that story is nothing short of a crime...)
Actually, just about anything from Harry Nilsson should put a smile on anyone's face.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Hmm, I'd have to go for either "Where is my mind?" by The Pixies, "Something in the Way" by Nirvana or "Girl Like You" by Edwyn Collins.

They call up a form of non-depressing melancholia that just fills me with a safe and joyful feeling of nostalgia.

Not a "happy happy joy joy" kind of happy, but a soothing, gentle, euphorically kind of happy.