What Sport's do you play/watch

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
I'm interested to know what sports you guys play or have an interest in. Enlighten me to your country's national sports and your personnel favorites
I personally love rugby. I play it and watch it a hell of a lot. It's a really fun sport and it's become very popular in recent years here in Ireland. It's Ireland's fourth favorite sport after Gaelic Football,hurling and soccer.
Rugby
Hurling, supposedly the quickest game in the world

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Used to play softball (because girls weren't allowed to play baseball. Because softballs were safe, apparently. Tell that to my face. No, really. I've got some purdy scars from it.) I'd like to get back into golfing, but I don't think I can as I would feel too guilty. (My mom was an avid golfer, even travelled for some tournaments, until she hurt herself and had some botched surgeries and she will never golf again, much less walk properly.)

I'll watch baseball ocassionally, otherwise mostly golf due to my mother. If I'm at their place, golf is usually on, so I grew up with it. Mostly napping to it, though. Nothing better to nap to than golf. Seriously, I'll put golf on to fall asleep in the middle of the day.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Play - None anymore unfortunately due to having dodgy knees but I played both Soccer and Rugby Union for years.Also played Gaelic Footy and Hurling when I was younger but I never really liked either of them

Watch - Soccer,Rugby Union,Athletics,American Football,Formula 1

Rylot

May 14, 2010
I play Wheelchair basketball and help coach wheelchair track.

My favorite sport to watch is hockey. We've got a local minor league team in my hometown that I grew up going to. I also have fond memories of going to the local minor league baseball games but watching it on TV is boring as hell. I don't watch it religiously but every now and then if I'm with friends who're into it then a game of American football can be fun to watch.

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
I watch Football (American) regularly
I can only enjoy baseball if I'm playing it or at the game.

I play baseball in a local league and Judo

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
None . I find sports to be incredibly boring. I will watch those sports highlight when crazy shit happen though .

Roroshi14

Dec 3, 2009
I love watching football, I hated it when I was little, but as I grew up and especially when I was in the NAVY it became something I look forward to watch every year.

To play? Hmm volleyball is pretty damn fun.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I used to fence, but stopped due to work.
At the time of writing, bugger all.
Also, I'm assuming that sports I'm forced to participate in at school during PE don't count.

n00dle37

Aug 29, 2011
I'm a good skier.
I watch football (soccer to some) and support Arsenal, though I have to watch most of it online due to my lack of Sky.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
MetalDooley said:
Play - None anymore unfortunately due to having dodgy knees but I played both Soccer and Rugby Union for years.Also played Gaelic Footy and Hurling when I was younger but I never really liked either of them

Watch - Soccer,Rugby Union,Athletics,American Football,Formula 1
What rugby team do you follow?

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Personally I do Judo have been ever since I was 5. Judo is the only sport I really practice anymore.

Shaved Apple

May 17, 2012
I'll play any sport for fun. I don't really like to watch it though. Sometimes I watch basketball but that's about it.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I have a knack for football (soccer) but I'm not a fan of it. I play cricket, and I love ten pin bowling.

I also sword fight at any given opportunity.

CLmichaels

Aug 24, 2012
It's half confusing to see football and then people don't clarify which.. Granted that might just be the stupid American in me talking.
On topic: I play basketball with some friends, and plan to join a team when the season starts.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Binnsyboy said:
I also sword fight at any given opportunity.
I'm dreading to ask, but what discipline?

OT:

Eh... to watch: the three British team sports (being football, rugby & cricket), but damn cricket's never on except as highlights.

To play: (if you call it 'playing') Thai boxing & used to do archery. Also used to play football, was OK at right-back, but didn't really like it (kept being bollocked for drifting in too much)... :/

beyondbrainmatter

Dec 7, 2010
I lift weights and practice kung fu (Hsing I, white crane, western boxing). I enjoy watching classic boxing matches, but don't really follow the current alphabet championships. I did watch the Pacqiao-Bradley fight though...