What Stephen King book do you think should be a game?

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
I'm for It, but you don't face the clown and all the evil things, you play as Pennyworth, the clown. You scare and steal children in the night, taking their young lives from them. Fight off the game, and evil takes it's place in the sewers and dark crevices, the way it should have.

I want a game where evil prevails, no happy ending, and your character succeeds, but is the villian, or you fail and all your time was spent the way that it would be in real life, futile and useless. Faceless in the overtaking evil parts of the world that...wow my train of thought just crashed...

Tasachan

Jan 28, 2010
I could totally see Cell as some sort of Left 4 Dead style game.
The Dark Tower idea would just be awesome.

tawmus

Apr 28, 2010
The Talisman? Been a long time since I've read it and it wasn't all that good, but still has some cool ideas for a video game.

Doctor What

Jul 29, 2008
Either the Talisman or Black House. The first one would be a horror game, and the later would be a psychological thriller.

I'd be happy either way.

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
N, The Stand, Duma Key, or The Shining could make great adventure games.

Firestarter could work well.

If someone could make something out of The Running Man (NOT the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie) and/or the Long Walk, I think they would have potential.

I think it'd be difficult to translate his works into an entirely different medium. They already have extremely mixed results in film, so the leap to video games might be even worse.

Besides, the Stephen King game already came out and rocked. It was called Alan Wake.

'Record Stops.'

Sep 6, 2010
Uh..I don't like the guy personally, being a firm believer in the Cthulhu Cult. But...The Shining would be THE perfect game. Aspects of Silent Hill? Check. Enclosed and creepy hotel? Check. Perfect opportunity to make a brightly lit hotel creepy as hell? Check. Very nasty chase scene that WILL scare you and make you wet your pants? Bet your ass that's a big check.

Nicster

Dec 14, 2010
Buzz Killington said:
It's a short story, but The Mist was turned into a text adventure back in 1985. I'm pretty sure the company that produced it (Angelsoft) no longer exists, so you might be able to find it online somewhere.
I agree. The movie was awesome also probably one of my favourites. Frank Darabont is a legend.

'Record Stops.'

Sep 6, 2010
Gahars said:
N, The Stand, Duma Key, or The Shining could make great adventure games.

Firestarter could work well.

If someone could make something out of The Running Man (NOT the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie) and/or the Long Walk, I think they would have potential.

I think it'd be difficult to translate his works into an entirely different medium. They already have extremely mixed results in film, so the leap to video games might be even worse.

Besides, the Stephen King game already came out and rocked. It was called Alan Wake.
Did it now? Last I heard it failed in every aspect minus atmosphere building, and even that was dropped. As a story? It is GOOD. As a Game? Fails. Why is Silent Hill better in every way? Because it has Atmosphere, Story, Narratation, even if Gameplay is a little bad, you know what? Everything else in Silent Hill plus Music is great. Alan Wake get's as far as Atmosphere and Story, but drops Narration completely, and fails at Gameplay even worse. How do we pad out a long game? We make shitty Combat that is predictable! How do we make it worse? We make MORE Shitty Combat! How could that not sell? PAH! The best horror game has already been made, and it's the Call of Cthulhu Dark Corner's of the Earth. I certainly haven't heard any bad-ass remix's of Alan Wake Music, so I suppose it fails there too if it's forgetable. And worse, Alan Wake is a little too blatent. Yes, we get it now, the makers are lousy lazy bastards who not only are Steven King fanboy's, but they'll waste nine years of our time sitting at a desk going,".....is it done yet?" when no one is working at all.

And they should be awarded for trying too hard to be a movie-game. You know what? Cinematic's are amusing at best, utterly annoying at worst. Why should we, the gamers, shell out nearly fifty dollers to play a game which says," WAIT! I'm trying to tell a story, shut up and sit back you dumb fool! Your stupid controller and wish to be entertained are ruining my story!" That is not a game, that is us drinking soda and eating pizza while the writers force us to watch this and stroke their ego's with thoughts of how good their tale is. I've probably forced the collective opinions of nearly a ton of people to come at me with my last comment, so back on topic and making more people angry with me because I am voicing my opinion.

Alan Wake has a good story, fairly well told, very gripping, would've been without the Game developers sitting in our rooms going," AREN'T STEVEN KING AND TWIN PEAKS AWESOME!? LET'S QOUTE THEM SOME MORE BECAUSE WE LOVE THEM!" Atmosphere is utterly top-notch, if they hadn't been so eager to push Steven King and their most favorite show ever into our face's, it'd have been a great Atmosphere and Story minus some nit picks on gameplay, and more importantly would have been an average but fairly good cult classic game with a must buy for story and Atmosphere. That being said, The Twilight Zone is still better, H.P Lovecraft is still more crazy and spooky, and Alan Wake still sucks. This has been a review that might as well get me some serious hate, bring it on, I'm ready for it.