what surgery's have you had?

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
1st off, there's no apostrophe in "surgeries". I know, cheap shot, but I had to get it off my chest.

Anyway, I've had tons, most of which I can't remember. I was born with a clubbed foot, meaning my foot was kind of...twisted so that it was facing inward. So I had a few operations to get that corrected. I also got my tonsils taken out, and then I had an operation done on my spine when I was in the 6th grade. That last one is the only one I have any memory of, though.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Just my wisdom teeth. I was fortunate to get them done before I went to boot camp, because they knocked me out completely and I was able to rest comfortably afterward. The guys in boot camp who have theirs pulled don't get knocked out (just numbed up, so they don't feel much, but still) and while they get rest time afterward, it's not nearly as much as I had. Now, the military way of doing it isn't cruel or unnecessarily painful, but like most military anythings, they try to spend as little money on it as possible (and that was before the budget cuts).

As for mine, that was the only time I've ever been rendered unconscious in my life, and it was pretty strange to experience. I don't recall ever being in that much pain afterward though; the worst part was just not being able to eat hard food for a while and the feeling of string in my gums.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
an annoyed writer said:
KoudelkaMorgan said:
AppendixWorst was the kidney stone
Hoboy. I've had around seven of those things or so. Real pain. None surgically removed though. I did have quite the expedition through the world of painkillers though, so that was "fun".
Eash... Don't wanna be the type that tells you what you can and can't eat, but you really should take a look at your diet, in case that is being a factor for your kidney stone production.

OP.
I'm a fairly mild case.
Had a surgery for hernia as an infant (think it happened at birth) and wisdom teeth removal. That's about it.

SirPigglesworth

Aug 14, 2012
A little open heart surgery and a few other operations with Latin names that are hard to remember to redo my circulation to my heart and lungs (I think it might have been 2 or 3 not inculding the biggest one ). Got a few scars from it.

Angelowl

Feb 8, 2013
None that I know of, yet. I'll have vaginoplasty within a year or so. Mighty terrified, mostly because I've never had an operation and that there are a whole bunch stressful parts. Not being able to walk for a week, including going to the bathroom. Being off the hormones means garanteed PMS, will probably panic. Not sure if being high on pain dampeners is a good thing or not.
Going to meet the surgeon for info and questioning within two-three months. And my cousin has offered to visit me (hopefully she will drive me home as well). Still, is kind of scary. At least I know that the end result will be satisfactory, but the process to get there. Sheise. o_O

Ardure

Nov 23, 2009
Right where to begin... dental

6 baby teeth removed
Fernectimy... that's a mussel in your mouth that can hold teeth apart so they cut that so the gap would go away.
Wisdom teeth

moving away from dental...
Aortic stint... that's a plastic tube put in the main artery that goes to the heart.
Metal rod placed in my left leg to help it heal after the break.

Can't think of any others that are significant... but hey heart surgery at 23... lol.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I had to have a rib removed, they take it out through your armpit!,
I had to have my tongue sewn back on when I was a kid due to a nasty bike crash that broke my jaw.

alot of people are saying wisdom teeth, I didn't realise that was considered surgery.

Worgen said:
Wisdom teeth out and a dog almost ripped out my eye. Had to have my eyelid sown back up. Still got a slight scar on my eye ball from that.
The more I think about it the more I realise natural selection will in the future grant us bulletproof eyelids.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Had to go in for abdominoplasty after losing all my weight (was obese), the surgeon also reduced skin around my chest and sides so my whole torso was practically put under his knife.

The end result was so worth it though.

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
Jack the Potato said:
Just my wisdom teeth. I was fortunate to get them done before I went to boot camp, because they knocked me out completely and I was able to rest comfortably afterward. The guys in boot camp who have theirs pulled don't get knocked out (just numbed up, so they don't feel much, but still) and while they get rest time afterward, it's not nearly as much as I had. Now, the military way of doing it isn't cruel or unnecessarily painful, but like most military anythings, they try to spend as little money on it as possible (and that was before the budget cuts).

As for mine, that was the only time I've ever been rendered unconscious in my life, and it was pretty strange to experience. I don't recall ever being in that much pain afterward though; the worst part was just not being able to eat hard food for a while and the feeling of string in my gums.
I had all 4 taken out at my first duty assignment. The Air Force won't let you do on a TDY or combat deployment with them still intact. No pain or anything from them before that, they cut out 1 and had to break another. I was put out but woke up in the middle to see the dentist with a chisel and hammer. Same day I was eating red beans and rice and never had any issues at all, never took the pain meds after the 1st day. Had a root canal a few months ago, no biggie really.

Non dental- Broke all 4 fingers on my left hand in a wrestling match at school, had to have them pinned together. Broke the side of my face and right orbit as well as having my jaw wired shut from getting hit by a guy with brass knuckles. Had to have reconstructive surgery and they had to take out my right eye to remove bone chips behind it, they were able to put it back with just a little damage to my optic nerve and muscles. Broke 3 ribs at a concert, I was on the rail and the crowd basically pushed everyone forward and it fractured 3 ribs in a splintering fashion and not a clean break. One of them developed a bone spur that kept getting the flesh around it infected so they put a metal tube over it after they ground it down so that it wouldn't come back again. Shattered my left kneecap into too many pieces when I was 8 riding my bike. My front tire went into a pothole and the whole bike pivoted on it basically, knee hit the edge of the hole and pop that was it. So I have a cadaver kneecap there. Right leg was practically rebuilt from a Humvee accident in the Air Force. My foot was basically turned 180degrees and the ligaments, muscles and tendons either tore or hyper extended. Entire knee joint was replaced with a titanium knee replacement. My right foot kicks out about 15degrees to the right when I walk from not everything lining up but at least I can walk. Skin graft on my left shoulder from crashing on my bike and grinding all the skin and muscle off down to my clavicle. Burn on my left palm from touching a hot potbelly stove when I was a kid, had to have the skin abraded off and then a skin graft from my ass lol. Broke the little knobby bone off my left wrist and it was basically pushed back into place and taped up. Healed badly and started to damage my nerves in my hand so I had ti re broken and scoped out.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Let's see.

When I was 11 I had an appendectomy. They thought my appendix had ruptured but instead found out that I had Crohn's Disease.

I had a small resection done with my intestines.

I had an abscess they had to operate on.

Finally, I had another resection done in 2009 that removed the majority of my large intestine.

I've also had a mole removed but I don't know if that counts since I only had to have local anaesthesia.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Product Placement said:
an annoyed writer said:
KoudelkaMorgan said:
AppendixWorst was the kidney stone
Hoboy. I've had around seven of those things or so. Real pain. None surgically removed though. I did have quite the expedition through the world of painkillers though, so that was "fun".
Eash... Don't wanna be the type that tells you what you can and can't eat, but you really should take a look at your diet, in case that is being a factor for your kidney stone production.
Yeah, try telling that to a stupid teenager and you'll likely get a "Fuck you man! I do what I want!" a more reasonable 20-something, however? Different result. These days I barely drink any soda, which was the prime cause of the Kidney Stone production. Haven't had one in two years, so that's a plus.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
carlsberg export said:
not sure if this topic has been done but thought i would give it a go.
i had to have my wisdom teeth removed once, that was bad :(
And you "just happened" to create this thread eh?? ;)

Was in surgery yesterday.
Basically my own bodyhair is eating me up from the inside so I have a tunnel going from my waist towards my ass (last part of the spine) which is about 2-3 inches long, had it removed yesterday about 24 hours ago, was awake, got a spine paralyzis so I was paralyzed from my waist downwards for 3 (suregry only took about 45 min thou) hours which felt... strange...
Now 2 weeks without doing anything except playing old N64 games and hanging on the Escapist

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
None, ever. Nothing broken, nothing malfunctioning, perfect dental history. The worst injury that has ever happened to me is falling off my bike and scratching my knee quite badly, but I didn't require stiches. So yeah, I guess I'm pretty lucky.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
Guffe said:
carlsberg export said:
not sure if this topic has been done but thought i would give it a go.
i had to have my wisdom teeth removed once, that was bad :(
And you "just happened" to create this thread eh?? ;)

Was in surgery yesterday.
Basically my own bodyhair is eating me up from the inside so I have a tunnel going from my waist towards my ass (last part of the spine) which is about 2-3 inches long, had it removed yesterday about 24 hours ago, was awake, got a spine paralyzis so I was paralyzed from my waist downwards for 3 (suregry only took about 45 min thou) hours which felt... strange...
Now 2 weeks without doing anything except playing old N64 games and hanging on the Escapist
i would like to note people that guffe was the inspiration for this topic! :D

man, so many of us having our wisdoms out and a lot having other surgeries!
we are lucky to live in an age where we can get fixed.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Meh. Tonsils and adenoids out when I was seven... and that's about it. Have had stitches a couple of times on my face.

But otherwise I am far too healthy! :D
Even have all my wisdom teeth with no problems.

I guess I lose this thread? :(

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Just one back at christmas last year, was a laproscopy to clean up and investigate stage 4 endometriosis. I have another one on the eighth of this month. I'm a bit nervous as it's a bit more invasive but i'm sure I'll be okay. :S

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
Robot Number V said:
1st off, there's no apostrophe in "surgeries". I know, cheap shot, but I had to get it off my chest.

Anyway, I've had tons, most of which I can't remember. I was born with a clubbed foot, meaning my foot was kind of...twisted so that it was facing inward. So I had a few operations to get that corrected. I also got my tonsils taken out, and then I had an operation done on my spine when I was in the 6th grade. That last one is the only one I have any memory of, though.
my apologies i was drunk at the time of posting and i also am not too great at english.
but thanks for pointing it out :)

i actually wasnt sure how it was written so i googled it ha ha.
so yeah its all googles fault!

Hubbl3

Jul 18, 2012
The biggest was a kidney surgery very fast after my birth. Got a nice scar at my belly. Oh and wisdom teeth. Nothing else.