What the hell happened to Stolen Pixels?

Emendo5

Mar 25, 2009
So I logged on today and realized Stolen Pixels by Shamus Young was taken down. What the hell? I'm starting to get kind of annoyed at things being pulled from the Escapist. Now I understand (not really) sometimes there has to be lay offs and legal documents and other things, but Stolen Pixels was popular and I loved it. I love the Escapist and everything they do, but all there really is now is ZP and the LRR gang. I'm just a little pissed that funny and enjoyable things keep getting pulled from the site.

/rant

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
What do you mean?
Stolen Pixels is still going strong.
I read them when I see them pop up...
So I'm not sure what you're talking about :|

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
It got taken down?

I must check if this is true..

EDIT: It's not true.

Also to stay on topic I miss De Rez and Kung Fu Grip!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I can see it on the home page... It's just below the AvP advert to the right.

See?

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
Heh its not taken down, they just don't put it on the side any more :( (makes me sad)
its in a sub section now.

Drundy

Dec 9, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
What the hell are you talking about?

He put up a comic just yesterday!
This.Plus they cant take down something so. popular

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
But it definitely has not been taken down, it's just more hidden away.

On the subject of the other material available on the Escapist: I think that...there's no easy way of saying this, all the Jon Etheridge-related stuff is of a poorer quality than the rest of the material on the Escapist. (ApocLane, Game Dogs, Doral&Assoc - watched all of them, didn't find them funny or otherwise enjoyable).

Emendo5

Mar 25, 2009
Whoops. Thanks for making me realize how much of a dumbass I am. Didnt realize. It's just not on the front page so I jumped to a conclusion. Silly me.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Emendo5 said:
Whoops. Thanks for making me realize how much of a dumbass I am. Didnt realize. It's just not on the front page so I jumped to a conclusion. Silly me.
The Escapist forums were glad to be of service.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
It didnt get pulled off man. In fact,it's still going and I still read the comics any time I see a new one. The only show I really miss is De-Rez.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Emendo5 said:
So I logged on today and realized Stolen Pixels by Shamus Young was taken down. What the hell? I'm starting to get kind of annoyed at things being pulled from the Escapist. Now I understand (not really) sometimes there has to be lay offs and legal documents and other things, but Stolen Pixels was popular and I loved it. I love the Escapist and everything they do, but all there really is now is ZP and the LRR gang. I'm just a little pissed that funny and enjoyable things keep getting pulled from the site.

/rant
Shamus hasn't been fired from the site. And even if he had, his work would still be in the archives. And I have the front page up right now and am looking at Stolen Pixels right this minute. I'm sorry, but you are extremely mistaken. Only thing I can think of is that your browser isn't working properly...

Benjeezy

Dec 3, 2009
PunchClockVillain said:
sirdanrhodes said:
Emendo5 said:
The Escapist forums were glad to be of service.
After all, it is what we do best :)
We are also skilled in zombie/nazi extermination and computer repair :D