"What the hell was I thinking when I bought this game?"

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Spyro: A New Beginning. dont make me explain how rubbish ever spyro since the PS2 came along.

Dawn of War: Soulstorm. it was fun, ill admit that. but how could they make a 08 title uglier than a 06?!?. also, Gorgutz wasnt nearly as funny as he was in Dark Crusade.

Cod WaW: now i loved the single player and the Nazi Zombies, and i got to lvl 58 in the multiplayer having fun. but then Steam decided to fuck around with me and reset my online profile. i ragequitted.

Heroes of Might and Magic 5. now i got this one for free by my moms sister, and its still an amazing game, but its NOTHING compared to Heroes of Might and Magic 3. that game was flawless. perfect music, perfect faction balance (maybe except with Fortress), no glitches.

all the games that came with my PS1. i dont remember them, but they were all rubbish.

Emptytproll

Dec 16, 2009
Section 8 instructions: Beat in 4 hours (check) Turn off Xbox 360 (check) Break game (Waiting on rifle)

NickIsCool

Nov 18, 2009
well, coming from a family that had little to no money for games most of the time, i never really got a game i didnt like something about.

even all the games other people didnt like

even if it was a bad game

seeing as how i only got a game once a month AT BEST for many years, i kinda forced myself to enjoy the best and the worst games i had

now, after a few years of bringing the pieces together, i have my "amazing" pc gaming rig, and the wonderful internet. so now i can actually try before i buy, so if its a bad game, i can tell you whos not getting my money

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
MatParker116 said:
Have you ever bought a game on a wim, got home played it for five minutes and thought "What the hell was I thinking? This game sucks ass"

I've had that feeling twice with Bullet Witch which is Devil May cry with all of the fun and anything that isn't a wall removed from the scenery. Also with Star Wars Republic heroes which is just terrible.

Super Paper Mario.

It was so bad I went and bought MySims instead. AND GUESS WHAT! MYSIMS IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER! (In my opinion).

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
I'm gonna be murdered for this but...

I hated Gears of war.

2nd one was epic though.

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Jaranja said:
Arkvoodle said:
Section 8. Found it massively unsatisfying.

Thankfully I got it during Toys R Us' "Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale" so I didn't actually lose any money on it.
What was the other game though?
Arkham Asylum & Brutal Legend. So, 2 out of 3 successes isn't really bad...

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Three in a row for the Xbox 360:
Left 4 Dead
Mirror's Edge
Soul Calibur IV

Ugh... I hate all of them now, and haven't been able to sell any.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
I bought darkSector and Bourne Conspiracy without first making sure they were each worth $60. They were not.

THEMILKMAN

Jun 16, 2009
UncleUlty said:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, found out it would be hard as hell to find Digital Devil Saga 1 so I went with this instead, the story was meh, and it played like a bad Zelda clone.
I got this crock o' shit a few years back and haven't played it since then. But since I got it from a video rental place that no longer exists and they had custom cases, now no place will buy it.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
twitchy0922 said:
dfcrackhead said:
Both Mercenaries games, Time Crisis(I think thats the name) for the gamecube(It was back when I hated FPS's)...I don't know why I bought them, but I didn't have fun with any of them
Do you mean Time Splitters?
Yeah that, whatever dude it was like 2 years ago

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
Ghurkin said:
Yes yes yes I have.

Bought MGS4 and it was freaking awful. I played for about 2 hours without once having to use stealth, just run n gunned my way through it.
Sigh...

odBilal

Feb 7, 2009
Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance for ps2, i just saw it on the shelve and bought it.
i played it trough in one sitting and sold it the next day.

Rahnzan

Oct 13, 2008
Absolutely not, because I've been gaming since Kalico (even though I'm only 22) and I'm wiser and smarter than your average gamer who suckers into retarded gamer magazines while relying on the media and critique sites to tell them which games are good.

I'm a gamer snob. Final Fantasy 7 was/is overhyped, Halo was generic but lasted long enough to be interesting for 2 games, bullet witch and even a majority of the devil may cry games are utter shit, and Section 8 had the replayability of a guillotine.

I can just tell - according to what it is that I like not what you like - which games will be utter shit by looking at them, doing a minimal amount of reserach, and laughing quietly when my friends tell me I'm being stupid, buy the game, hate it to shit, and tell me about their experience while failing to acknowledge that I called them on it f---ing weeks ago.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
GamerPhate said:
Davey Woo said:
Shadowrun, Naruto Rise of a Ninja, Unreal 3 (360)
Just don't play them any more.
Wait .. you are saying Shadowrun was a crap game? The one on the NES? I call B.S. on that! That game was awesome when it came out. Few games were in a cyberpunk type world, and being 8-bit it had to come up with some mechanics to make the hacking, combat, and story all mesh. Now, unless you are talking about the new one that MS put out that was an MMO? I didn't play it, but picked up the box on the store shelf to examine it a few times when it came out. But it just looked like crap, and evidently I hear it was. But also the MMO angle and MS in the same sentence made me scared, so I put it back down. So if you were talking about the new Shadowrun, sorry about chiming in there.
No, no, no, I bought it on the 360 after my friend said it was brilliant and I should get it. I got it, played for that evening, and I haven't touched it since.
Wasted £7.99 in my opinion.

ersatzcure

May 10, 2008
For 360: Sonic the Hedgehog, The Simpsons Game... don't buy things based off of personal nostalgia, kids. Oh, and Morrowind. e_e Too boring for me, sent that one away to a friend.
For wii: Endless Ocean
PS2: Dragon Rage
Gamecube: Peter Jackson's King Kong, Turok: Evolution, Resident Evil
DS: Orcs & Elves.

Excuse me while I go hara-kiri over all the money I've spent on terrible games, that I didn't quite realize until I made this list.

Needless to say, I have a pretty strict research system I go through before I buy games now.