What time is right to start drinking?

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
OP, have you seriously never heard the term 'breakfast beer'? You need to go to some more music festivals, man. Beer with breakfast is for lightweights. A single, filling beer (ah, Guinness) works fine as breakfast and, if you can hold your alcohol, shouldn't cause any problems. Get some coffee afterwards and you're off to a good start.

Also, regardless of what this post may imply, I am not an alcoholic. I simply recognize that certain scenarios are best dealt with by adhering to the alcoholics methodology.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
SwimmingRock said:
OP, have you seriously never heard the term 'breakfast beer'? You need to go to some more music festivals, man. Beer with breakfast is for lightweights. A single, filling beer (ah, Guinness) works fine as breakfast and, if you can hold your alcohol, shouldn't cause any problems. Get some coffee afterwards and you're off to a good start.

Also, regardless of what this post may imply, I am not an alcoholic. I simply recognize that certain scenarios are best dealt with by adhering to the alcoholics methodology.
To be honest, Guiness for breakfast sounds alright. Maybe with a nice slice of buttered, dark, rye bread, and a hard-boiled egg. But Guiness is hardly domestic draft for Edmonton, Alberta (although it is made here as well, it doesn't count as domestic), and a dirty shopping mall isn't really a music festival.

ChaoticLegion

Mar 19, 2009
Sturmdolch said:
Personally, I don't even like to think of drinking anything alcoholic before lunch. It just seems weird to me.
It's never too early if you've not stopped fron the day before xD

But on a serious note, i don't drink all that much and also find drinking early to be strange.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
claymorez said:
Never - Drinking is bad for you in most cases - but if you must around 18
That's not true at all. I've only seen studies saying that moderate drinking is good for you. Just google "health benefits of ___" and fill in the blank with your choice of alcoholic beverage. Here's a page that has links to many other studies conducted on the benefits of alcohol. [http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/alcoholandhealth.html]

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
Sturmdolch said:
claymorez said:
Never - Drinking is bad for you in most cases - but if you must around 18
That's not true at all. I've only seen studies saying that moderate drinking is good for you. Just google "health benefits of ___" and fill in the blank with your choice of alcoholic beverage. Here's a page that has links to many other studies conducted on the benefits of alcohol. [http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/alcoholandhealth.html]
Hence why I said "in most cases" - most people dont drink to stay healthy most people will drink more than what is qualified as taking for health

Nov 25, 2009
I have started at 8AM before, I don't really see any harm in doing that, that being said i don't often get wasted early in the morning, just when I feel it necessary or just happen to want to get drunk to not have to deal with things (I don't condone it but sometimes i do it, call my a hypocrite I don't really care), and then I'm normally drunk all day. Then I sober up.

Nov 25, 2009
ChaoticLegion said:
Sturmdolch said:
Personally, I don't even like to think of drinking anything alcoholic before lunch. It just seems weird to me.
It's never too early if you've not stopped fron the day before xD

But on a serious note, i don't drink all that much and also find drinking early to be strange.
It feels strange when you drink early man, believe me.

azncutthroat

May 13, 2009
I am disappointed... OP title led me to believe this would be a thread on the drinking age.

SHAME ON YOU OP! Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on you again!

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
well in restaurants where i live they can't serve alcohol until nine am

but anytime is drinking time accept during classes in a catholic high school with the V.P next to you

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
Well, beer, after lunch, Icy rum and coke on the other hand, as soon as u wake up u should have a nice large cup (Schooner)

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I generally won't drink until the evening (which is after about 5pm by my standards), with exceptions made from occasional social gatherings.

Sir-jackington

Aug 12, 2009
I used to have a 6pm rule....then it changed to 5pm but after my 18 days drinking spree of waking up and drinking until i passed out then doing it all over again i just gave up and started drinking whenever i felt like it...which i wouldnt suggest cause well i just wouldnt.

Note: 18 days of constant drinking is NOT a good idea it causes many problems including, un-known people sleeping on your couch, passing out mid-converstaion, getting barred, random numbers in your phone and a beard drawn on your face in pink marker pen.....plus other stuff i won't mention

P.S sorry went off topic a bit there

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
One shot in morning if can't wake up....I know it sounds a little worrying, but it works wonders, and hell, I'm young, I'll do what I like! After that no drinking until I leave my bedroom.

On the correct time to drink champagne....
I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it - unless I'm thirsty. ~ Madame Lilly Bollinger

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
Normally the earliest I would start to drink would be 1pm, I don't care if people do it's just I don't feel like it. But there are times where this changes - when the night before leads all the way through the next day (though I guess that doesn't really count as starting to drink). This can happen on Australia Day or a particularly awesome 21st. Only a few times in my life have I actually started to drink in the mornings, and they were all at Schoolies with mostly devastating results.

Of course Champagne (with OJ) or other "early morning" cocktails, is a little bit different but I don't like them anyway so I never have them.