What to do with eternity

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
What would you do if you were immortal? You can't die and you'll live forever, what would you do with all that time? Let's even make it retroactive: You're an immortal and you've already observed and interacted with the entire span of human history.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Whatever I want.

Read a lot of books, I guess. Go all Yuki Nagato up in that *****.

Or perhaps take the C.C. route and be all depressed and try to take over the world. But I digress, I have no other powers.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Sleep. A LOT.
And refine my swordminship so other immortals don't take my head.

And finaly finish my castle in Minecraft.

EDIT: Also, can we be hurt? If so, then I would avoid some things. If not, then I would be more reckless.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Well, considering there are no time constraints to worry me except the actual end of the Earth, I suppose I would sit my ass on a beach and make the greatest sand castle ever while investing money in bonds.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Use my vast knowledge to build an army of robots to colonize the universe and give me companionship.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I'm sure I covered this.

I believe last time, I said I would be the combination of Ladd Russo and Isaac Dian from Baccano.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
I can't die in the sense of ..nothing can kill me? Because otherwise being immortal sort of sucks if you have to consider starvation. And you'd either have to marry rich or get a job because no one would be there to support you. Granted, if you were alive many years back you could have made some wicked investments.

Read, play games, get roaring drunk so that I can forget the angst inducing knowledge that I'm alone in the universe, will see its end and everyone I meet will die before me. The next step from that is either dancing on bars or throwing up in the bushes.

Shepard's Shadow

Don't be afraid of the dark.
Mar 27, 2009
Invent a time machine. Sure it would take a long time, but if I were immortal time wouldn't be an issue for me. I'd also travel, and absorb all the knowledge everywhere. Then I would become the Shadow Broker.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
After getting my finances in order to the point where I can survive without working... I'd spend a few decades here mastering a skill, a few there building something, spend a few just experiencing all of the craziest things the world has to offer (I'd probably do this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaMTSOI1Zk4] for at least a decade)... y'know, until I've learned and done everything that I could possibly consider worth doing or learning. By that time, I'd have no doubt forgotten some things... so I'd re-experience some. I think I'd have to keep a really long list.

Kakujin

Oct 19, 2008
I'd probably start committing a shitload of crimes for money, i.e robberies and such, since there is no way I can actually waste any time in prison

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
I'd thrive off of human innovation, relying on new creations to keep me from getting bored. I'd be a playboy who swaps identities to hide my immortality and works at any job I want not for the money but for the different-ness of it. I would also be very easily bored, and need constant stimulus.