What Turns You Off Bands, Non-Musicwise?

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
Ham_authority95 said:
I try to focus on the music rather than their image.

But when an artists image is all that comes to mind, its not a good thing.
This, artists like that just turns me way off. I think I would enjoy the Smashing Pumpkins a little bit if Corgan didn't say Publicity was better then the music.

That being said, Gaga has done an excellent job on the image thing, she couldn't create anything original or new, so she just wore eye catching clothes for free publicity.

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
Furburt said:
I'm intrigued, how could I be objectively wrong?

Notice that I said "I think they're both arrogant and talentless."

Thus, any argument against that wouldn't be objective at all, as it's just my opinion versus yours. By it's very nature it would be subjective.

I'm just interested.
I'm massively self-righteous and elitist when it comes to music taste, and when I deem someone as magnificently groundbreaking and talented as Pink Floyd (circa 1967-1980), I deem them objectively good. Call it a character flaw on my part.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
Anything that is not in the metal, rock, blues, or classical music section.

Coranico

Jul 28, 2009
For me it's either one of two things:

1. If they are AT ALL linked to the Disney corporation. (I'm looking at you Jonas Brothers)
2. If in the song's lyrics each line has as many swear words as humanly possible. This is why i dislike a lot of rap music, but that's not to say i hate all of it but a lot of the time; fuck, shit, ass, ****** etc. seem like they are used as filler words until the artist can get to the next rhyme.

Oh almost forgot i have a number three too

3.If the singer is a douche. The rest can be as douchey as they want, we don't have to hear their voices that often.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
If i like their music - i dont care what they do, how they look or how they name themselves. If i dont - i just dont bother with the band at all.
I dont collect posters, stamps, and other gadgets associated with music, dont wear music t-shirts, i like to listen it, go to a gig for some fun or just club away, dont need to know the personal details of every band member to enjoy it.

Atvomat_Nikonov

Jul 2, 2008
Coranico said:

1. If they are AT ALL linked to the Disney corporation. (I'm looking at you Jonas Brothers)
Say what you will about their vocals, but the Jonas Brothers' Music (Guitars Riffs etc.) are pretty well done considering their age. I'm in no way a fan of them, however. I've just noticed that have some nice guitar riffs.

YouBecame

May 2, 2010
A lack of humility really irritates me. When a band holds the opinion that they're great because they think they deserve to be, without a proven track record of awesomocity, I want to introduce them to my good friend mr failure.

Coranico

Jul 28, 2009
Atvomat_Nikonov said:
Coranico said:

Say what you will about their vocals, but the Jonas Brothers' Music (Guitars Riffs etc.) are pretty well done considering their age. I'm in no way a fan of them, however. I've just noticed that have some nice guitar riffs.
I totally agree, some of their MUSIC is great, i just dislike the band. And every other musical icon Disney has created. I just said what turned me off of them is all ;)

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
When they are not nice people in everyday life.

I like it when band members come across as nice people, but if they are assholes, then I REALLY hate them