What Video Game has Eaten The Most Time in your Life?

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Ive spent 436 hours on oblivion since i got it 2 or 3 years ago. :p And i loved my pokemon gold, cant wait for the remakes for DS.
And ive spent goodness knows how long on crackdown and saints row 2 because there is so much to do/find. I have one CD left and its really bugging me, cant find it!

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Probably Pokémon Silver.

I had all 251 (or however many the maximum was) at one point (damn that involved a lot of trading sessions), with a main party of 6 all at level 100 (without a single cheat or rare candy). Sad I know... XD

Later on when I 1st started getting into PC gaming (which I was a bit late with but oh well) I got hooked on Counter Strike Source. I once spent about 10 hours straight on it non stop.

Most recently I've lost the attention span I once had and can't stick to playing one single game for too long, however Fable II seems to be immune to this. I think I'll have maxed the achievements by next week. XD

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Hmm...from my deduction many of you are younger than I realized.

Games that ate up a lot of time from me are as follows:

1. Half-Life and Company
2. Quake 2
3. Ultima Online
4. Golden Eye 64
5. Super Smash Bros
6. Mortal Kombat and Company
7. Fallout 2
8. Super Mario Bros
9. BattleTanks
10. Age of Empires
11. Sim City 2000
12. Doom
13. Deus Ex

Lord_Of_Plum

Apr 5, 2008
It's somewhere between The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Counterstrike Source, and StarFox 64. If I had to choose, I'd say Ocarina of Time.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
The Youth Counselor said:
Hmm...from my deduction many of you are younger than I realized.

Games that ate up a lot of time from me are as follows:

1. Half-Life and Company
2. Quake 2
3. Ultima Online
4. Golden Eye 64
5. Super Smash Bros
6. Mortal Kombat and Company
7. Fallout 2
8. Super Mario Bros
9. BattleTanks
10. Age of Empires
11. Sim City 2000
12. Doom
13. Deus Ex
You could be correct, however in some cases people just started gaming later on in their lives. Or their parents would limit their gaming time when they were young.
Also nice list. ;)

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
It is between Mass Effect, Oblivion and KOTOR. I just get so immersed i dont take time into account. I think i have over 400 hours on Mass Effect and Oblivion and i dont care to think how long on KOTOR

G-Mang

May 11, 2009
Baneat said:
Guild wars - 1400 wasted hours (Oh my god, it was harder to quit than cigarettes, kid you not, 100x harder)
Really? I've always played GW pretty casually, off and on when I'm bored. I've had it for like 4 years, with all games and 3 extra char slots, but I still only play in like week-long chunks once every couple months.

For me it's probably TF2, but to be honest, I played a ton of CS back in the day, and it might be on par with my TF2 hours (I don't remember exactly).

Starcraft and Warcraft 3 would also get honorable mention.

My console hours would be considerably less, but the ones that come to mind are Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong Racing, FF7, and Smash Bros. Melee.

ThePocketWeasel

Mar 24, 2009
COD4 :/ I hate the part where it tells you how long you've wasted on there, I try not to look at it.
Before I got a 360 it was probably The Sims2 & all of it's expansion packs. So addictive. :D

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Final Fantasy X - I played all 100+ hours worth, finally got to Sin, only to have the data erased by a college room mate.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
The pokemon series.
I've bought one game from every generation and spend around 100-200 hours on each one.
that's an estimated 400-800 hours, which is estimated to be 16-32 complete days.

Then again I also spent an estimated 18 complete days on one of my WoW characters.

Dudemeister

Feb 24, 2008
Super Mario World (the original on the SNES)
COD4
Pokemon Red
All other Pokemon games
Runescape (although I'm now free from the clutches of MMORPG's)

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
World of Warcraft without a doubt.

And I've enjoyed every second of it, bwuahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!