What VideoGame Characters Do You Share The Same First Name With?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Hmm...well, Chris Redfield comes to mind.

So do Chris Northfield and Chris Vertin, but I suspect more people here have played the Resident Evil games than either Princess Waltz or Symphonic Rain.

Epiku

Sep 11, 2010
Hmm.. offhand.. I can't think of any video game characters, exactly..
Unless I am allowed to count an anime character's English dub-name who I imagine has appeared in at least one video game as well. In which case, yeah... I know one~ (And thankfully I know even this much. I'm not really someone to know obscure things. ^_^ )

After a very brief Google search, I also came up with this person:

Apparently from a game called.... "Octomania"?

I don't think I can really complain (well, of course), I mean... these characters seem pretty cute~ ^_^

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Some JRPG antagonist that featured on Unskippable a while back. Can't think of any that I've actually played where a character has shared my name though.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
New Frontiersman said:
I share my name with a somewhat minor Legend of Zelda character: Colin [http://www.zeldawiki.org/Colin]

He's the only Colin I know of in video games, and as far as characters that I could share my first name with go he isn't too bad. Not exactly a badass, but not a bad character by any account.

Also, upon further inspection I've found that two minor trainers in the Pokemon games share the same name with me: a Pokefan on the SS Anne and a Worker in Oreburgh Mine.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Never seen it in a video game. Or a television show or novel. Only once in a movie. I don't have a very commonly used name. Have only met 1 other person with my name and heard of about 2 or 3 others.

And no, I don't use it ever online. Far to easy to ID me IRL because it's so uncommon.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Latinidiot said:
New Frontiersman said:
I share my name with a somewhat minor Legend of Zelda character: Colin [http://www.zeldawiki.org/Colin]

He's the only Colin I know of in video games, and as far as characters that I could share my first name with go he isn't too bad. Not exactly a badass, but not a bad character by any account.

Also, upon further inspection I've found that two minor trainers in the Pokemon games share the same name with me: a Pokefan on the SS Anne and a Worker in Oreburgh Mine.
Well that's awesome!
... Or it would be, but that guy is named Cole [http://infamous.wikia.com/wiki/Cole_MacGrath], not Colin.
Thanks anyway though.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Oblivion and Fable 2 , both have characters with my name . Once is an assasin , the other a tyrant .

Lucien Lachance and Lord Lucien .

Never seen a game with my name in to before . Hell i never met a real person with the same name as me .

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
CAPTCHA said:
oh my god my desk is now covered with juice!

I could just imagine the scene
Mum: so what should we name are beautiful boy?
Dad: *grunt*
Mum: THAT'S PERFECT!
dad: 0_0...... wut?

OT: the only person i can think of is Scott Mitchell from the Tom Clancy games

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Bernzz said:
I've never seen a game main character with the name of Bernard, I gotta say. My name's no Joe, that's for sure.

I've seen a random trainer in one of the Game Boy Advance Pokemon games be called Bernard, but that's about it for my name, as far as I know.
Day Of The Tentacle's main character is called Bernard, just so you know....

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Apparently, this guy from Persona series shares my name, dunno if he's any good, haven't played those games.

KillKill

Sep 6, 2011
The President's daughter in Resident Evil 4 and a Picnicker in Pokemon... Why do I have to have a girl's name?

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Tallim said:
Bernzz said:
I've never seen a game main character with the name of Bernard, I gotta say. My name's no Joe, that's for sure.

I've seen a random trainer in one of the Game Boy Advance Pokemon games be called Bernard, but that's about it for my name, as far as I know.
P&S avatar, nice.

But, well, I have no idea what Day of the Tentacle is. I'm not sure I want my name being on the main character in a game called Day of the Tentacle. XD

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Bernzz said:
Tallim said:
Bernzz said:

P&S avatar, nice.

But, well, I have no idea what Day of the Tentacle is. I'm not sure I want my name being on the main character in a game called Day of the Tentacle. XD
That makes me sad :( Day Of The Tentacle was one of the best and funniest point and click adventures ever.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
New Frontiersman said:
Latinidiot said:
New Frontiersman said:

Well that's awesome!
... Or it would be, but that guy is named Cole [http://infamous.wikia.com/wiki/Cole_MacGrath], not Colin.

Thanks anyway though.
Dang it, I thought something was off. As for my name, I don't know a Joel, at least not in gaming.

EDIT: I apparently, have a namesake running about in The Last Of Us. Cool.