What voice do you hear when you read other peoples comments?

pendragon177

Jul 12, 2009
Usually the default voice in my head or if I feel the comment is dumb usually in Homestar's or Caboose. For shame if you've never heard either.

Mr Scott

Apr 15, 2008
Most of the time I do not use a voice I just read. Failing that, either my voice or Paul Giamatti.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
I usually don't really have a "voice" for comments at all, its that kind of voiceless reading that goes on in your head, but occasionally someone with an interesting avatar that has a distinct speach pattern will cause me to read it in that voice.
drbarno said:
Professor Farnsworth

"Good news everyone! I've invented a machine that makes you read everything in my voice!"
Similar to this. Yes I did read it like Professor Farnsworth.
Or like this:

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Debirufisshu

Oct 5, 2010
DeASplode said:
This man.

Always Brian Blessed, i like to read my bills and annoying letters from the bank with it... cheers me up and gives me a craving for some abbot ale.

Simski

Aug 17, 2008
I read it in a voice that isn't my own, but has my accent...
Not sure why, it's close to my own, but it's too perfect to be my own.
My voice is rusty and tired, the voice in my head is smooth and without errors.

I do make exceptions though, like when a post is accompanied with a character I recognize... then I will sometimes use their voice.

CManator

Nov 8, 2010
Depends on how much I "know"* about them. It's my voice by default, but it changes depending on what impression they give or what they claim to be.

Excessive nerdiness - Chris Mintz-Plasse (McLovin)
Black - Will Smith
Girl - A girl I knew who sounded kinda like a younger Drew Barrymore
Goth/Emo - One of the goth kids from South Park
Excessive sarcasm - Randall from Clerks
Poor sentence structure - a foreign person attempting english (often true anyway) accent varies depending on little differences or if they say where they're from
Gay - Dane Cook impersonating a female (sorry i've known many gay folks who use their normal voice but still this is what i hear in my head when reading. no offense intended)

Yes, within my head the internet has an all-star voice over cast XD

Edit: almost forgot, recently british folks have started sounding a lot like Yahtzee

adam5396

Feb 12, 2010
I usually read it in the most generic voice imaginable. Unless I know the persons voice or I already have one thought up.
Unless I feel silly, then I imagine everyone is talking like that guy from the simpsons. "I'm not convinced, I've had bad luck with aphrodisiacs." (Cookie if anybody can find a video with that voice)

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
I "create" voices based on what I think the poster sounds like. Male, mostly, since 9.5/10 I can't tell the difference. Unless she says she's female, then I go from there.

Squidden

Nov 7, 2010
In my head it's like a non-masculine, non-feminine voice that I can't describe most of the time.

Otherwise if it's a phrase I've heard someone say I will read it in that person's voice.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Avatars help set the tone of the commenter, f.x. when someone has a anime avatar i read them as higher-pitched, while someone with a wacky avatar is usually more sarcastic in tone.

The most annoying tone is "emo-kinda" vibe avatars. Hate those.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Some variant of my own, influenced to some degree by their avatar, quality of grammar and spelling, and overall tone.

PUR3_GAM3R33

May 23, 2009
Usually what ever I think their avatar would sound like.If they didn't have a person in their avatar then just a regular voice.

Underground Man

Sep 20, 2010
You know it's weird, as a kid I used to read books and whatnot in, what sounded to me like, an adult's voice. I spent so much time reading that I wondered whose voice it was. Then I got older and the voice stayed the same, but now my real voice (well, the one I hear inside my head when I speak) sounds just like it.

Ethylene Glycol

Sep 21, 2010
Usually I "hear" it in whatever voice seems to fit the poster's avatar.

Julianking93 said:
Usually my own unless it's a friend of mine whom I either know what they sound like or have developed my own voice for them.
For example, this one is in the voice of an adorable catgirl.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Typically a voice kind of like my own. When female, it changes somewhat, but I couldn't tell you how.

Of course, when something like this happens...

I hear it in the appropriate voice.