What was the first console you ever owned?

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
First I ever had was a Sega Mega Drive. Loved it actually, there were some really good games on it

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
It seems like most peoples was an NES, Sega, or a PS1
As for myself, I first got an N64, and I still have it today.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Sega Genesis, had a few sonic games and some odd game about two kids that went to McDonalds and Ronald teleported them to some freaky weird dimension of junkyards and slime monsters and their only defense was a super soaker that shot an odd brown goop that was super effective against everything for no reason.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
sega megadrive, was brilliant, then followed it up with the mega-cd, still got them upstairs haha

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
We had N64 and Playstation, but I really got into gaming with the PS2. My brother always played sports games, which we probably own everyone from 2001-2006, and I played platformers mostly.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
The first Console that I owned was the Wii. In terms of actually buying it but I've had Nintendo ever since Super Nintendo (The one before N64).

THEMANWHOIS

Mar 12, 2009
SNES. Still remember the Christmas morning where I opened it up and started playing Super Mario All-Stars.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
My father had the NES (Or SNES, one of the two) when I was born ('89), but the first console we bought after I was born was the originak PLayStation. I had a massive game collection of Crash Bandicoot, Pandimonium, Rayman and Wipeout! I was so awesome with so many games!

First console I personally bought was the first X-Box.

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
TEMHOTA said:
Colecovision, then the Atari 2600 add-on... Ahhh Looping, Dodge 'em, Carnival, Pitfall, River Raid. I loved those days, but with games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Cryostasis and Crysis I certainly don't want them back.
I fucking loved river raid! Best Atari game evar. That and Combat...first two-at-a-time multiplayer game I ever played :D But I rarely had anyone to play with cuz it was at my grandparent's house D:

Then I got a SNES with super mario all-stars...I still play that game occasionally :D

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
First ever: Gameboy Advance
First non-handheld: PSOne.

I got more playtime out of the GBA for some reason though.

Falko

Jun 5, 2010
I remember a friend of mine got a PSOne, and it was amazing, so I asked for one for Christmas.
Christmas day, I open the wrapping paper and there's a Megadrive there. Yeah, I was kinda pissed for about, say 5 mins, then I realized the games my parents got me for it (They got about 35 of 'em) were awesome, and I forgot what a PSOne was.

Grayfayce

Oct 14, 2009
Playstation 1, with all three Spyro the Dragon games. Those games were f***ing immense.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
I owned? A wii.

Because I used to only play on PC, as it was all my brothers had, ahhh the days of MDK.

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
I had an Amiga 500. I don't think it counts as a dedicated games console, although that's all I ever used it for. The first dedicated games console I owned was a SEGA Master System, which was promptly replaced a year after it was purchased by a Genesis/Mega Drive.

revjay

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Nov 19, 2007
It was this deal that had a bunch of versions of pong and some light gun games. No idea if it even had a name per se, but it was loads of fun.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
Playstation 1.

First game I ever saw and eventually played on the PS1 was FFVII. From there, I mostly played the FF games, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Twisted Metal, Diablo, and some other possible great ones I can't quite recall at the moment.