What was the first console you ever owned?

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
I can't emember if it was the Sega Genesis that was first or the NES that I had. I have fond memories of both. The first one I really played religiously though that got me into gaming was my Nintendo Gameboy, a great big clear one that took four AA batteries to power. Pokemon Yellow was also the first game I beat.

sirpwnsalot65

Mar 2, 2010
My first was a gameboy advance. Good times. I think it's still somewhere under the gelatinous pile of stuff in my basement, but after last time I went to look for it, I vowed that it just wasn't worth the.....things....that I would find first.

Big Phil

May 4, 2010
Mine was Dendy. Super Mario Bros, Tanks, Chip & Dale and all that stuff. Those were the days.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
Sega Genesis. I think I was four at the time. It came with Eternal Champions in the box. I also got Sonic's 1-3 and Knucles + Spinball, Mortal Kombat 1, and Spider Man: Maximum Carnage that same Christmas.

The start of what turned out to be an incurable addiction....

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
N64!
I must have been 8 at the time, which would make it about 2001 when i got it. I've still got the huge carry case, all like-5 of the games i had, the 4 controllers, the mega pak thingy and everything.

Lerxst

Mar 30, 2008
TEMHOTA said:
Colecovision, then the Atari 2600 add-on... Ahhh Looping, Dodge 'em, Carnival, Pitfall, River Raid. I loved those days, but with games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Cryostasis and Crysis I certainly don't want them back.
I was waiting for a fellow Colecovisioner to come out of the wood-work. Wasted many hours on Mr. Do and Smurfs myself.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
I've had a PS1, gameboy, Xbox and now an Xbox 360.

Spyro was one of the first games I played on a console. Before that I had played The original C&C and lego Island on the PC when I was about 6.