What was the first game you ever played?

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
What was the first game you ever played?
Most recent game?
Anything life-changingly notable in between?

First game I ever played was Pokemon Gold.
Most recently I've been playing through Fallout 3, and hoping to get AC:Bro for Christmas.

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
First game: Pokemon Blue.
Most Recent: League of Legends

Life changingly notable? Far too many to list in the short time and with the limited thinking power I have designated to answer this post.

T0MCAT

Nov 15, 2010
First: Can't remember its name but it was like a on-rails star wars shooter where you in X-wings and you play with a joystick. Could be lying we had a console before that which I can't remember the name of or much about it.

Latest: Portal, finished today or yesterday technically.... Actually quite liked it, dint expect it to get beyond the level based puzzles.

Grubnar

Aug 25, 2008
I think it was "Wizard of Wor" on the Commadore 64.
Later the "First-person-shoter" was invented, and I felt the need to buy my first PC.
I think the last game I bought was Sid Mayer's Civilization V ... most recent games have been kinda meh.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
First: I don't know how well known, but there was this semi-obscure PC game called Jazz Jackrabbit that I played, I think that was my first.

Recent: Penumbra Black Plague. Holy shit, this game is scary.

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
Super Mario 3 on the NES my parents bought my sister for Christmas.
The latest is the copy of Assassin's Creed II I bummed off my brother in law.

RSGstyle

Dec 16, 2010
The question should be CAN you even remember the first game you played...

First game I ever played was probably Oregon Trail for PC. There was another game I played before that on the NES, but I can't remember it. Something to do with a platforming and dinosaurs...

Most Recent Game was Plants vs Zombies.

alittlepepper

Feb 14, 2010
First:
Super Mario Bros., Tetris, or Duck Hunt. One of the very original NES games.

Most recent:
Just Cause 2, Mass Effect, Mount and Blade.

Notable differences:
I really suck ass at Super Mario Bros. these days. That game was my ***** when I was little.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
First:
I think it was Mario for NES. Or Pokemon Blue

Latest:
Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption

Notable:
Red Dead Redemption
And Bioshock, since it made me passionate about games

Accountfailed

May 27, 2009
First: half-life (these are counting full playthroughs as I did that when I was 8)
Inbetween: HL2 (obviously)
Inbetween: Heroes M&M 2 and 5
Inbetween: Dark Messiah (seriously, the combat in it was groundbreaking, go fucking play it.)
Inbetween: Cryostasis
Last: AC:B (just 100%'d rome, working on the collections)

Mr.France

Jul 14, 2010
I think the first game I've ever played was Mega-Man X3.
Latest was Final Fantasy XIII (which was rented, I'm in serious need of buying a new game).
A life-changing game for me definitely would be Warcraft III Reign of Chaos, it brought me to the Warcraft universe, with which I'm in love even now.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I think the first game I ever played was an FPS on PC called ROTT.

The most recent was a half hour play of Borderlands.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
First:
Lemonade Stand (1979) on the Apple 2.

It's not much of a game, though ... I did remember playing a bunch of games including Ultima, Bandits, Taipan, Zaxxon, Wizardry, Archon ...

Latest:
I have Fallout New Vegas, but haven't installed it yet. So, err ... I guess Puzzle Quest 2.

Notable:
Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar .. impressed me 'cos it was my first CRPG with real character development. Like whoa, the possibilities.
Planescape: Torment .. 'cos it actually impressed me more than Ultima 4 did.
Competetive gaming scene over the decades ... from Street Fighter 2 (arcades of course) to Counterstrike to Starcraft. Starcraft community in particular, are just damn cool ... total opposites to the TOOLS on XBLA.

aeroblaster

Nov 10, 2009
First game: Pokemon Red version
Most recent game: Super Meat Boy
Most notable game: Super Smash Bros. (all of them)
I remember playing these games the most with my brother.

vic_elor

Dec 23, 2009
I think it was q-bert on my brothers atari 2600. Man that was a long time ago (too Grubnar, gotta show some respect as I do vaguely recall playing some weird version of boulder dash on my cousins commodore 64 way back in the day. Crazy to see someone else who still remembers that machine)

Most Recent... Super Mario Bros 3 (yes, I've played more recent games but I totally was just playing that yesterday on an old, dumpster dived NES)

InkGoddess

May 28, 2009
The very first game I can remember playing was Mario Kart and then shortly that week I got the pleasure of playing Tetris, Super Mario World 3 and StarFox.

My first official game I owned would be Myst.

My most recent game? Persona 3 Portable.

Life changing experiences?

Definitely from the Myst era of my life, the art and the sound that went into the game. I was sucked in with the story telling and everything else inspired me to enjoy art in more than the traditional sense.

InkGoddess

May 28, 2009
gamerguy473 said:
Ski on Windows 95. I could never get past that damn snow monster.
D:< That damn monster was the bane of my existence when I finally stopped failing with the rest of the game.