What was the first game you remember playing?

superdark

Jul 7, 2012
My earliest video game memory was of Top gun on the NES.

The dentist office that I went to as a kid had a television and NES set up in the waiting room, so I would go play that when waiting to be seen by the dentist. They only had two games, Top gun, and the super Mario bros/duckhunt combo cartridge. I remember playing top gun a bit, but getting really bored with it. I switched to Mario pretty quickly.

What is your first video game memory?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Feel that? That's you being punched. Right in the nostalgia.

Feel that? That's your irrational fear of drowning surfacing again even though you've known how to swim since you were three years old.

Ah, great times.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
Feel that? That's you being punched. Right in the nostalgia.

Feel that? That's your irrational fear of drowning surfacing again even though you've known how to swim since you were three years old.

Ah, great times.
NINJA'd

Fucking A and your the first poster to!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
My earliest gaming memory is probably hearing these words upon playing Crash Bandicoot 2:

"Well well well, if it isn't Crash Bandicoot."

Although according to my dad, my actual first game was Duck Hunt.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
My first game was super mario bros on the NES. When I was 3. I know I played it...and I know I was bad at it. That's kind of all I remember. ..and I got better apparently, really quick. ..To where no one would play with me because I wouldn't die.

...For a first game I actually remember well enough to recall actually playing it is Link to the Past.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
My first game was Pong. I played my cousin and now I'm a 15 year old WoW veteran with a game pile of at least twenty, and my cousin is the same except he never left WoW.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012

With that horrid track ball brick controller that would pinch the hell out of your fingers given any chance.

Kiatta

Jul 17, 2012
I used to play a game with a green rabbit...?

Google tells me the game was 'Jazz Jackrabbit'. I played it when I was around 5 years old. I can't remember anything about it but I remember feeling that it was awesome haha

Garrett

Jul 12, 2012
Contra on NES, I was like 3 maybe 4 back then. Beautifull way to enter the world of gaming.

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
Uh... First game I remember playing vividly? Cuz that would be Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3D (My god I miss that game), otherwise I think I played a platformer called Pandemonium before that, but I can't remember exactly...

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
It involved a vaguely ship-like blob and a somewhat submarine-shaped thing, moving sideways and exchanging fusilli.

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
'Twas either Super Mario Bros. (very likely) or Solomon's Key (less likely) for the NES. I am rather fond of both, but I don't think I've ever made it even halfway through the latter.

GoldenDragon14

Oct 21, 2011
The first game I remember playing was Pokemon: Fire Red. I probably played some games before that, but I remember Fire Red due to the anxious anticipation I felt on the car journey home from the shop because I was desperate to play it! Either that or Spyro: Year of the Dragon on PlayStation, which i remember fondly :3.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I wanna say either Backyard Baseball 2003 or Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.