What was the first video game you EVER played

Maveroid

Apr 22, 2009
Sonic 2 on MasterSystem (I think it was 2,.. It had mine-carts) when I was three years old (My mother taught it to me, though I guess I was failing a lot... Can't imagine that I did good at that age)

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
Socket for the Sega Genesis. I'm still waiting to find anyone who remembers it. It was essentially a Sonic clone, but hell, I enjoyed it.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
On a PC...I think either Word Munchers or Treasure MathStorm. On a console, Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
Might have been Day of the Tentacle or one of the SNES games for me. Probably the former, but when I think about it, it was probably something like Snake or Pacman.

While I have this in mind, does anybody remember this ski-ing game on the PC where, after a certain amount of time, an abominable snowman races out and gobbles you up? Oh God, that used to scare me.

EDIT: Am I honestly the only one who has played Maniac Mansion and its sequel besides one other Escapist buddy of mine?

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
Pretty sure it was the original prince of persia BUT I don't count that because I couldn't figure out the controls and, therefore, couldn't get past the first 10 seconds of gameplay as I kept falling off a ledge.

So I count the first game I played as the first game I could actually play, which was Dynamite Dan on my Dads Spectrum. Hitherto known as "LSD simulator extreme edition"

I dare you to try and figure out what the fuck is going on.

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
not sure how was it called, but it was on Amiga 500, sidescrolling shooter where you controlled a dragon...

David OKeefe

Mar 22, 2011
Something on SNES, but I don't know exactly what. Probably Super Earth Defense Force, Megaman X, Time Slip, Total Carnage, Bubsy, Street Fighter 2, Bart's Nightmare, Super Mario World, or Turtles in Time.

More likely was something else that I have no memory that pre-dates those, but those make up a few of my earliest gaming memories.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
It may of been pokemon yellow but I think that it was actully Jak and Daxter: The precursor legacy. Of course I needed help on the fishing bit, those damn poisen eels ruining meh catch.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
My first game was the Duck Hunt/Super Mario Bros. that came on the same NES cartridge. I think it was in 1989 or so, or in first grade.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
Scott Maunder said:
Mine was the first Far Cry, I was, I think 6 years old, my dad put me on the last boss fight and put a god mode cheat on, I didn't even kill anything I just spun around in circles spraying everywhere.

so escapists, what was your first game and what was the experience?
I can't remember what was the first game I played, since I was about 3 or 4 years old ... maybe even a little younger ... but it was something on the NES, so it had to be either Tetris, Ice Climber, Super Mario Bros., Deja Vu or Duck Hunt. Most likely Tetris, though.

So, yeah, I'm going to go with Tetris.