What was the last game you failed to complete ?

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
Hah, basically every game I buy. I STILL HAVEN'T BEATEN OBLIVION and beat Morrowind after oblivion came out.

I don't remember the order I bought them in but it's either Dark Souls, Skyrim or Deus Ex: HR for most recent.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Gennadios said:
Max Payne 2. Somewhere between the turret sections, the bullet time mechanics that completely break in hard mode, and the meh story, I completely stopped caring. Wast of money as far as I'm concerned.
i dont remember turret sections in max payne 2...

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
daveman247 said:
Gennadios said:
Max Payne 2. Somewhere between the turret sections, the bullet time mechanics that completely break in hard mode, and the meh story, I completely stopped caring. Wast of money as far as I'm concerned.
i dont remember turret sections in max payne 2...
ug, that 2 should have been a 3.

I guess 3 was so horrible my mind refuses to acknowledge it exists.

noogai18

Feb 21, 2008
Skyrim, although in a "dawdling around not ending the game" sense vs. quit/too hard/whatever.

Jack Nief

Nov 18, 2011
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. I got it as part of the PS+ deal. Decided to play through it with my friend from near the beginning.

Didn't get to the boss fight of the first level.

PS3 caught a Yellow Light of Death.

I has a sad.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Gennadios said:

ah well, too bad. I thought 3 was awesome :D

Enjoyed it more than 2 actually.

Maybe you should lower the difficulty?

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
I would have to say fallout NV. I just needed a break more tahn anything; but with games like taht and skyrim, i enjoy them, just cannot bring myself to finish because i get to distracted with sidequests and other such things.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Max Payne

Started replaying it but.... man This game really stops being fun after the seedy hotel levels. Once you start chasing Nicole horne it's all bullshit laser mines and shit.

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
OctoH said:
Dead Rising 2. Lost interest after going back to Skyrim. Happens.
I just hated having to give my daughter medicine, why couldn't I just stockpile it and let some other adult do it while I wander?

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
daveman247 said:
Gennadios said:

ah well, too bad. I thought 3 was awesome :D

Enjoyed it more than 2 actually.

Maybe you should lower the difficulty?
Feels like blasphemy but if I ever pick it up again that'll probably be the way to go.

The damage is still done though, one really begins to notice the sloppy design when you get shot down for a last stand and your target is conveniently positioned behind a wall or a pillar, or how the grenades from the goddamned grenade launcher fly so slow in bullet time that you simply bleed out before it even reaches the target.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
I have a habit of not finishing games, but despite that I have been finishing them recently...

I guess Skyward Sword? But I fully intend to finish it, it's even still in the console.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
It's not the last one, but I still haven't gotten through Metroid Prime 3. Which is strange because I love the first two, but I got stuck somewhere in Bryyo and almost five years later I still haven't managed to get back into it. It happens to me with a lot of Wii games, though, the last one being Skyward Sword which I finally finished last month.

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
The only one I can think of is Diablo 2 (without mods of course), but I'm sure theres more.

Diablo always seems to get very boring to me. I either get tired of grinding dungeons or frustrated that my character is getting owned at every step, or under more bullshit circumstances, from three rooms away. It never really spurred me onto the end and to trudge through level after level of monsters.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, I became sick of the motion controls after a while and was becoming bored of the world since it had no sense of immersion due to it's split up of the three main areas with a hub world. Also I never beat Skyrim I just became so bored with it after a while.

Ardure

Nov 23, 2009
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Skyrim.

Bethesda games are like sleeping pills to me. Big boring empty worlds with horrible boring combat. No thank you.
I know the feeling... Skyrim was the last game I didn't finish either... I just didn't care about any of the characters... including my own. That's the overall problem with Bethesda I find, sure the world looks amazing and I know they have lore to go with it but a story is about characters and they never really made me care about any of them.