What was the last game you finished, and what did you think of it?

HumpinHop

May 5, 2011
khaimera said:
Cars 2. It was a lame Mario Kart style game that controlled poorly. It alternated between racing, racing with weapons, and then arena battles. The Arena battles were the worst part in that you were constantly skidding around in circles trying to shoot anybody.

On the plus side, the achievements were easy to get
*waves*

You bought a movie-game? That's a ballsy move if I've ever seen one.

I just recently beat God of War 2 on God Mode, and wow am I really aching to play GoW3. I was never not having fun between the gameplay, QTE's and puzzle sections, but having only the original to compare it to it seemed too fat. GoW1 had three bosses and it was condensed perfectly, there was never any fluff and I can't think of a negative criticism. It's sequel though had more bosses than I can remember and it had a lot more variety than GoW1, but as fun as it was I can't help shake the feeling some of it was tacked on. It was still a carnival of addicting combat and gore, but I prefer the original.

WrathOfAchilles

May 20, 2009
Well, I just knocked out F.E.A.R. in 2 days but forget that. Duke Nukem Forever was before that. What I thought? Annoying. Started out great, last 2/3rd of the game spent underground or dark places, lame. Also the ending... like a kick in the balls.

The Dark Umbra

Jun 21, 2008
God of war 3 and it was ok. I still like one the best i think. I agree with yahtzee he is a crazy man who likes to kill the living.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Vanquish. Eh, it was okay. Really high production value but the combat got way too repetitive about a third of the way in.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Portal 2.

It was good. a little long winded and i really didn't want to play it again but the puzzles were tight and it was halarious.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
The last game I finished was, I think, Infamous 2.

Some assistance problems that make it feel like Cole is interpreting your commands as suggestions rather than commands, but yeah, It was pretty damn solid.

chantzzzzz

Nov 7, 2008
inFamous, myself. The ending was great (the good one, anyway) and I really loved the amp. The UGC definitely didn't win me over, and the combat seemed to waiver between cakewalk and exercise in frustration, but I did enjoy it. Also, ice launching is wonderfully entertaining.

berettastorm88

Apr 2, 2011
FarCry2
awesome, just awesome.
i love the setting, feel, and game play for it.
just one problem...
fucking patrol jeeps gunning you down when its been a long time since a save...
so aggravating.

Bobby_D

Jan 30, 2011
Mine was also Mass Effect 2! I played through it again because of all the recent ME3 news and such, and for the first time since I got my HDTV (which was nice).

I had forgotten how much I loved that game. I didn't do much different, aside from exploring everything I could, and making sure nobody died this time (the first time I played, Legion died).

But since that's been said already, before that I beat God of War 1 for the first time (rented the GoW collection).

Now that I think about it, GoW could also mean Gears of War. God of Gears of War.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Infamous 2, loved the hell out of the game, loved the evil side, loved the good side, loved the powers, loved the story, loved both sides endings (good one made me sad, and a part in the evil one, you know the part, also made me very sad, I missed that in games, good to see it back)

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Alpha Protocol. So much wasted potential. Even so, it was without a doubt one of the better games I've played in a long time and its' storytelling and consequence-system was top notch.

Ruiner87

Jul 23, 2008
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It gave me a couple of days worth of entertainment for the equivalent of about $12.50AU, which was totally worth it. The core game was rather easy, which made it a joy to play through at my own pace, and the alternate modes unlocked after the completion of the core game provided an excellent challenge.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Red Dead Redemption. I like it better if I pretend the game ended at "An Eternal Feast". It's interesting how the writers at Rockstar have lately gone from letting the player conquer the world to taking everything away from them at the end. Wonder if they're depressed or something, or maybe just tired of the people who get their games so they can hire, then kill prostitutes.

In any case, I'd like to think that both GTAIV and RDR are showing what an empty thing revenge is, and how much grief is brought to the world through lack of forgiveness.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Fable 3; got the never been knocked out achievement on the first run through which speaks volumes about how easy the game is. It was an ok story but the ending just seemed so rushed and the final boss battle was pathetic.

Ill still play the next Fable though.

hallow eyes

Nov 19, 2009
Rainbow six vegas 2, not a great story pretty awesome co op which is kind of an underated quality in many games recently