what was your favorite old school game console?

classyplatypus

Jan 22, 2009
What was your favorite console from old times?

my favorite is definitely the N64, it had sooooo many good games

tenlong

Apr 26, 2009
out the ones i played back in the day my favorites were the genesis and the n64.

tenlong

Apr 26, 2009
TheTemby said:
Genesis... best looking controller ever! (had to be said)

that was a good controller . perfect for fighting games if you had the 6 button controller.

Deathsong17

Feb 4, 2009
I'm inclined to say PS2, but that isn't really oldschool... As fun as my NES was, I shall never forgive it for dying on me when I'd barely had a chance to play it :(

Deathsong17

Feb 4, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
deathsong17 said:
I'm inclined to say PS2, but that isn't really oldschool... As fun as my NES was, I shall never forgive it for dying on me when I'd barely had a chance to play it :(
Really, it died on you? Man i thought those things were indestructable, i dropped mine from about 5 feet onto concrete once, busted up the outer frame but it still played. Same with the SNES (i was a clumsy kid).
But thats just the outside. Mine got a broken cable, and despite my dads best efforts to repair it (he's had experirence as an electricion) it was dead.

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
The only consoles I've had were an Atari 2600, and a Megadrive (genesis for the Americans here), and from that I'd have to choose the Megadrive because I had Gunstar Heroes, Street Fighter 2, Sonic 2 and Streets of Rage 2 amongst others.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Sega Genesis for all it's wonderful RPGs! The Genesis remained my favorite console till the PS2 and now PS3.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Super Nintendo, of course. That system was the height of console gaming, with improved graphics and music that actually made the games look and sound better artistically, not to mention the sheer quantity of great games on the system. And it has Super Metroid, 'nuff said.

egwidalin

May 8, 2009
my favorite would be me first console ever, the 3do (panasonic lol), but seriously, it had some sweet games nonetheless, my favorite being road rash =D

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
xmetatr0nx said:
deathsong17 said:
Really, it died on you? Man i thought those things were indestructable, i dropped mine from about 5 feet onto concrete once, busted up the outer frame but it still played. Same with the SNES (i was a clumsy kid). Also, it was probably because you didnt apply the tried and true method of blowing at the cartridge before inserting it.
im sure there was omesort of witch craft involved with my sega games, blowing into them solved EVERYTHING, i dropped a game into a bath for approx 15 mins and it just needed a good blowing /inuendo