What was your favorite Power Ranger series?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
I'm sure some of you watched it, so what was your favorite series?

Overall my favorite was IN SPACE!
I also enjoyed Time Force and Lightspeed Rescue!

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I remember watching Power rangers turbo and enjoying that.

Although I did enjoy Time Force a lot and to me was the darkest Power Rangers series. Well I stopped watching after Time Force so I don't know if the series got darker.

Jetut

Jun 11, 2010
Lightspeed rescue was my favorite beause of Carter Grayson the most badass Red Ranger ever.

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
Freaking Jungle Fury. Best thing ever.
Followed my mystic force then...I think it was the third or forth series.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Mighty Morphin-Its the fuckin original with dinosaurs and awesome monsters.
Lightspeed Rescue-Silver ranger was awesome and loved the story
Time Force- Love Q rex, even had a toy.
Wild Force-cool
Dino Thunder-tommy leads and that all red ranger ep was awesome
Mystic Force-alright

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
My favorites were the Original version and the Ninja version (the one with the Red Dragon zord).

ph3195k9

Mar 31, 2009
kingk170299 said:
Lightspeed rescue was my favorite beause of Carter Grayson the most badass Red Ranger ever.
QFT Also Mighty Morphing just because it started it all.

Trifixion

Infamous Scribbler
Oct 13, 2009
My favorite? The 1975 Chinese movie "The Super Inframan," known for being the first Chinese 'superhero' movie, and also a film which just might have been a LITTLE bit of an influence on the entire Power Rangers franchise...trailer and clip below:

1[/youtube]

2[/youtube]

...anybody else notice a passing resemblance?

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
Trifixion said:
My favorite? The 1975 Chinese movie "The Super Inframan," known for being the first Chinese 'superhero' movie, and also a film which just might have been a LITTLE bit of an influence on the entire Power Rangers franchise...trailer and clip below:

1[/youtube]

2[/youtube]

Nope.

Super Inframan is a ripoff of 1971's Kamen Rider, which is a spiritual predecessor to the long running Super Sentai series that the action footage from Power Rangers is directly taken from.

So yes to the resemblance, no to everything else.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
My favorite was Zeo, though I think it was only because their masks had cool shapes (and maybe because their megazord wasn't comprised of animals, I don't really remember. XP)

ph3195k9

Mar 31, 2009
Trifixion said:

1[/youtube]

2[/youtube]

Actually it seems more likely that they received their influences from the same place (Kamen Rider) as Power Rangers was based off of Super Sentai which was developed around the same time as The Super Inframan movie and was created by the same person who made Kamen Rider (Super Sentai not Super Inframan).

Edit: Ninja'd

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
ph3195k9 said:
Trifixion said:

1[/youtube]

2[/youtube]

Actually it seems more likely that they received their influences from the same place (Kamen Rider) as Power Rangers was based off of Super Sentai which was developed around the same time as The Super Inframan movie and was created by the same person who made Kamen Rider (Super Sentai not Super Inframan).

Ha, well I forgot to mention that all of these were loosely based on 1966's Ultraman, which was itself loosely tied in with Godzilla. So, everything in Japan is 6 degrees from Godzilla.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
I'm sure some of you watched it, so what was your favorite series?

Overall my favorite was IN SPACE!
I also enjoyed Time Force and Lightspeed Rescue!
I liked Lost Galaxy, cuz it was liek the darkest season as far as I can remember. There were some sci fi horror here and there and I think a power ranger died in it as well.

ph3195k9

Mar 31, 2009
subtlefuge said:
ph3195k9 said:
Trifixion said:

1[/youtube]

2[/youtube]

Ha, well I forgot to mention that all of these were loosely based on 1966's Ultraman, which was itself loosely tied in with Godzilla. So, everything in Japan is 6 degrees from Godzilla.
So does that mean that technically Power Rangers/Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and Godzilla all exist in the same universe? Because if so I want to live there.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
The only thing that makes me feel older than this thread makes me feel right now is when someone mentions Pokemon as a classic game.

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
RPM, the last series made by Disney. Its surprisingly dark with some remarkable story elements. EVERYONE should watch it.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
The original series since that is the only one I watched as a kid. *Sigh* It brings back memories of the game and my childhood. :D