What was your first Minecraft home like?

dave1004

Sep 20, 2010
I dug a hole in a small hill, and ringed it with flowers so I could find it. I had a hole in the top for light...It didn't work so great when I had a zombie drop in there. This was back in the "Free Week" alpha, something like version 1.1 or so. A long time back. Shortly after my dirt hole, I learned how to make torches, and then I made a massive cobblestone castle. Well, okay. Not quite massive, but big. I then made a mass of pathways between treetops, and lived like an elf. It was all fine and dandy till I met my first spider jockey. *shudder*. I didn't last long...

Gods, I wish that I had my first world still. The nostalgia! Arrrgh...

Giotto

Sep 24, 2011
A hole in a mountain! During the session it expanded, and became a fortress!
Good times :D

James Mann

Feb 25, 2010
I dug down and built everything underground, i built a huge stairway to the surface but alas it was all in vein because i ended up finding a lot of water and finding somewhere to expand became fair difficult so i restarted and built something above ground.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
A box of dirt. No windows or doors or anything.
This, all power to the dirt cube.

This should seriously be a solution in real zombie movies, hide in a dirt cube, on top of a hill.

I'm currently living in the Ice Palace dungeon from Link to the Past. :D
Was hard to build, but so fun to live in.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
It was a room I made by digging out part of a hill. There was actually some iron there, and I didn't notice it for a long time. Once I did I left it alone since it was my first place. I later went on to expand the room, then I added tunnels that connected to my huge network of tunnels.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
built a hole in the mountainside with dirt blocks for a door to keep the monsters out. Awful first night. It was dark and I tried to expand the room to a 6x6 without any light.

Eventually built a stately villa on the water with a bridge leading up to it. Still visited my old cave home though on occasion. Oh the memories

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
I dug into a hillside, spent the nights making it larger and finding coal and iron. Later I moved, but didn't realize I would spawn way back at my first home. When I eventually died I couldn't find my way back and uh, that was the end of that world.

untamedshade67

Sep 5, 2009
I just ran around running from all the things that go bump in the night and collected cobblestone in random caves before more monsters found me and built a light house out on a small island in a big body of water.

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
A hole in the side of a mountain, it expanded and became a great home. But I was too greedy, and dug too deep, and got creepered in the mines :(.

The base is gone now, I'd setup a self Destruct mechanism, and stupidly ran a control wire next to my redstone lab. That was pretty fun, running for my life to the mineshaft.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
A cliff-side castle, taking over the summit of an entire mountain. The only entrance was a lake, quite a ways away, using an underwater entrance. The mountain was, eventually, honeycombed with hallways and rooms. A lava/water garden. I was, ambitious.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
A small cave in a hill with a wooden door. Put your workbench, bed, furnace, etc in it.
It's all you'll ever need in the game.

acer840

(Insert Awesome Title)
Mar 24, 2008
Country
Australia
First I had a 2x2x2 hole in the ground, then I upgraded to a 2x2x8 hole in the wall of a cliff. Next was a 10x10x6 wooden house in the middle of the field i had my first home in. Then I upgraded to an open roof 20x20 tree top house, then got woken up by a spider in the night, ran out the door, into a skeleton, the a creeper. Now I'm back in my 2x2x2 hole until I can find my treehouse.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
There was sort of a natural cave on the side of a cliff overlooking my spawn point. I climbed up there and spent the first few nights safe there. I had no idea what I was doing so I wound up expanding the inside of the cave to be a nice large room, but I used my fists the whole time. It took forever.

Eventually I got a handle on things and wound up making a stairway to the top of the cliff, where I built a castle. From there I expanded across the tops of the mountains to have a greenhouse, animal farm, and a storage area. And then I built a computer and had to start a new world...but I'll always have fond memories of punching away at my little cave.

LordZ

Jan 16, 2010
My first one was a small cobblestone fort. I eventually rebuilt it and expanded it to a full size stone fort with glass ceilings and large fortified walls complete with small square guard towers. How I wish I could build a true spiral tower though.

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
My first world had an open lava-pit that set the world on fire (a little bit).

So naturally I made a house entirely of glass built over the top of it.

My house glows!

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
A fairly uninspired cuboid made of dirt and cobblestone on the shore of a small lake. That said, I also dug out a moat around it and connected it to the rest of the mainland with a bridge, then developed it with rooms and a tunnel down to bedrock.

...Then my computer died and took the whole level with it. Hooray me.

Marmalade

Mar 23, 2009
I don't remember my first home but one of my earliest was a cave I found that had sort of a natural window. It was really cool. I didn't know how to make torches at the time so I used furnaces for lighting.

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
in the 90 minute demo, I constructed a small wooded shelter. not much, but it had a bed, a crafting table, a furnace, and a book shelf barely crafted in time before the demo ended.

then I got the game, and now I'm working on my new base, which is a castle. not sure how tall I'm gonna make it, but the base of the castle is 200 blocks by 200 blocks, all made of stone brick.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
I just dug a hole in the side of a mountain where I could find coal...
The second one was dug into a mountain as well, and the third one was a tower on top of a different mountain.
And that's where epicness began.
Until Minecraft crashed while I was building a double layered skybridge with mincart tracks on the top one (bottom was meant for redstone to control the tracks) between my third and fourth house (location of my quarry) and my map got corrupted.