What was your first pc gaming memory?

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
My first memory for a game that I remember was learning how to run Commander Keen 1 from DOS. We had a bunch of games before that, but none of them were so good that I even remember much about them. Keen was like "Mario, but on the computer".

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
The first PC game I owned was Star Trek Starfleet Command.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I think the very first pc gaming experience I had was Lemmings on the classroom computer. An Acorn brand one, if I remember rightly. It was the only game they had that wasn't one those old horrible educational games.

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
I was 8, it was Diablo 2, some of the first experiences I remember were

Figuring out how to use the friend system

Not being able to type quick enough to respond (my typing speed at the time was like 5-20 WPM, now it's 60-80WPM so now typing is just kinda of like talking, I just type what I think but then it was like a struggle to get things out on time)

I also remember getting duped by someone, they told me they were going to teach me how to dupe my shield of Zakarum or something so I could trade it for this bad ass black armor and the dupe involved me dropping the shield on the ground at a certain spot and hitting alt+f4 so I learned that ALTF4 was force quit application the hard way

I joined a 'clan' and that was super fun belonging to a bit of an online community, even if I couldn't type fast enough to really communicate with them

I played the game pretty frequently for 2-3 years and I worked fairly hard to save up when the expansion came out, I quit playing once I finally got my paladin to level 99 on hellmode and had most of the best items in the game, shortly after that my account was stolen and I quit playing for warcraft 3, a game which lasted me a solid 6 years and is widely responsible for my current choice of career path.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
ViridianV6 said:
Also fuck SkiFree and that demon chicken monster thing that eats you after you complete the slalom and then jumps up and down.
You ain't hardcore, you're soft! Love this game... But fuck dat yeti how does it grab you on the very jump!

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
I remember playing this game in school that was set in a carnival. On the main screen you could pick between a handful of rides that would take you to minigames. It may have been educational in some way, but I'm really not sure. I'd actually love to see this game again, if anybody knows what I'm on about.

They also had this visual novel ish thing based on the tortoise & the hare. You could go through the story by turning the page, but each page had a fairly detailed drawing with a bunch of interactive things, and the fun was in clicking around the picture and seeing what would happen.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Minesweeper, I think. Was around four years old and already played tonnes of console games. Dad's old work computer.

SweetLemonTea

Dec 18, 2012
My first pc game was star craft which I remember playing when I was 4. I was visiting a cousin of mine who showed me the game and it blew my mind. After the visit I kept nagging my parents for weeks to get it and when I finally got it I wasted countless afternoons swarming the computer player as the Zerg with the help of cheat codes, I still remember some of the
cheats like "show me the money" and "black sheep".

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
SimCity. I don't remember how old I was, but I remember being at a rich friend's apartment as he showed us how to play.

And now I am an architect.

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
Caliostro said:
Similar situation. Spectrum ZX. I remember a game where you're supposed to climb to the top of the map before it floods and you can shoot rainbows (to kill things and climb on). I remember Cobra. Also remember this one side scroller where you can pick up this metal-slug style power ups (but this was way before Metal Slug).

Kinda wish I remembered those two other game names... Nostalgia factor and all.

Jeez... I wonder how many of you have even seen a Spectrum...
bubble bobble and contra? could of been commando even.

If you mean modern PC term, i was 21 just bought my first house and i invested in a monster gaming rig. this thing was mental! Voodoo2 graphics cards in SLI which i think was a first for the industry and these bad boys held 24 MB between them! the CPu clock speed was 66Hz it ran doom and quake liquid smooth ;) me and 3 of my friends spent the best part of a weekend trying to cable up a 4 machine lan to play some multiplayer doom 2 . to this day if i hear anyone ask about subnet ip addresses or the like i go into nam like flashbacks.

KB13

Oct 3, 2011
I was six and my dad sat me on his lap as he faced the Tandy 1000, handed me the mouse and keyboard and said kill zombie space demons my daughter. yeup Doom was my first pc game. I finally got my windows 7 pc to play it I am so ecstatic.

The Night Shade

Oct 15, 2009
I remember replaying an adventure game called voodo kid over and over as a child and i loved it. Also i started playing some classics like Monkey island 3, Grim Fandango and Metal Gear Solid (yeah great games to start with i know).

gamernerdtg2

Jan 2, 2013
It was on the Commodore 64 at my friend's house. There was a game that I can't remember and then there was the Farmer's Daughter.
Yes. I am old.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Doom and prince of Persia for me, though prince got annoying for me back then and less as time went on, my favourite was Quake though and eventually Zool.

Can't exactly remember my old specs though since way back then it was my father's computer and he wasn't into games at all.