What was your first video game?

pipboy2010

Aug 24, 2009
Mine was one of the Dizzy games on my Spectrum 128K. So anyone complaining that Sonic/Mario makes them feel old can now feel better :).

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
It was either Stampede or Empire Strikes back on the Atari 2600. I also remember a great deal of Combat and Vanguard, though the first game I really go into was probably Zelda, then Link later on. Good stuff.

BenTudman

Jun 14, 2009
The original Age of Empires on a friends computer... And then they gave it away in nutrigrain a few years later =P

RAMBO22

Jul 7, 2009
I believe it was Star Wars: Shados of the Empire. And I actually didn't play it at first, I watched my dad play it. After I felt comfortable after a couple months of spectating, I played it, and I'm glad I did.

Borrowed Time

Jun 29, 2009
Donkey Kong in one of those arcade cabinets. First one I owned was Super Mario Bros. for NES. I always snickered to myself when I was that young (6 I think?) that Bros. looked kinda like bras. HA! :hangs head in shame:

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
The first game I ever bought was Pokemon Gold on the GBC.
I played it for about 400 hours on one save file.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Mario 64, or was it zelda OOT? Well anyway I have been in love with games since. Although now both those franchises have dragged on too long so it seems a whole lot less magical...

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
BenTudman said:
The original Age of Empires on a friends computer... And then they gave it away in nutrigrain a few years later =P
Haha that was awesome, first ever PC game and I got it from a cereal box. I loved the "photon man" and "e=mc2 + trooper" cheats, I had so much fun with that.

As for my first ever, I think it was Ape Escape on the PS1, god that game was awesome.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Rugrats game for PS1. And I play Gears 2 now!

Moral: Never judge someone on the first game they played.

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
Donkey Kong on the Game and Watch...wow I feel old now. First game system was the Sega Master System II, still have it and play it occasionally.