What weapon would you be?

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
AgentLampshade said:
One of the talking guns from Borderlands. I get to murder bandits AND make smooth one-liners.
Haha, I used to equip that 1340 shotgun just to make my friend facepalm. It was pretty funny :3 (or are you the screaming one~! :p)

Daystar Clarion said:
Well, considering Daystar Clarion is actually the name of a weapon from a series of novels...

A flaming sword to be exact :D
That's pretty cool actually. I was wondering where you got your name from. What series is that from then?

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
If it's supposed to be me, then I would probably be like, a cudgel. Blunt, inflexible, and reliable.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
A mace, preferably the flanged variety.

Maces: keeping murder simple since time immemorial.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
I'd be a Furniture corner, capable of destroying even the most fierce men.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Easy:
In dark Souls: An improved pyro flame, granting you more uses and way bigger fireballs, flames and firestorms (also goes for the chaos variety), although you will have to worry about setting yourself on fire (friendly fire? Nope, I will f*cking burn you). But if you manage to avoid that, you get to roast everything in sight.

Modern setting:
A giant thermonuclear bomb.
Yep.
No-nonsense, good for one use only, but DAMN will it get every job ever done.
Bit hard to carry, though.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
No social life said:
I'd be a Daggertail.

likely to cause you more harm than your enemies if your unfamiliar with me.
Sir, you deserve mad props for your post. My favourite weapon ever from my favourite game ever.

OT: Well, there are various kinds of weapon I'd like to be, but the way I understand it the weapon is, in essence, supposed to reflect me. I think I'd likely be a two-handed warhammer - uncompromising, raw power delivered with blunt finality, and completely geared towards offensive capability; as for distinctive qualities, the long haft would probably be made from a sturdy but lightweight material, whereas the head would have increased density, resulting in a weapon relying on momentum and fluid, ongoing motion (in sweeping arcs) rather than separate strikes.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Well, I am easily "fired up", but I don't like hurting people and even if I'd have to fight,I'd prefer if people didn't suffer too much.
Maybe some kind of mid to long range rapid-firing rifle with rubber bullets, that cause enemies to fall asleep upon contact.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
A rubber chicken. That laughs every time you whack something or someone with it. I'm kind of obnoxious so instead of killing your enemy, it adds 4% of your health to them.

Also it sprouts rainbows from it's rear when in idle mode.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
A nuclear warhead, I tend to deter violence or conflict with my very presence, I make peace through the threat of overwhelming, uncaring, indiscriminate force.

Maybe if I have to be "handheld" I'd be a sledgehammer, sure in direct combat you gotta be real strong to use me effectively, but if you're a sneaky bastard, whoever you are aiming to hit with me, well, they aren't getting back up.

That One Guy

Nov 14, 2012
I would be a magical bow that has a >85% chance to fire your melee weapons, starting with the most used. You also have to recover the weapon from the body and you can't get it back if it goes somewhere inaccessible. Does good damage though.

Failing that, a half-decent short sword.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
A Goa'uld hand device.

It functions as a kinetic pulse generator and a torture device.

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
If I could choose, I'd probably be something deliciously, ridiculously OP, like a sword that can cut gravity or drill that pierces the heavens. Does my desire to do such things give my weapon-self the power? It is a reflection of me, after all... or maybe it just means my weapon is always falling short.

Something a little more reflective of my actual self might be something like a silver spear that constantly bleeds ink from the tip. I am a writer, the spear could be like a really big pen, and used creatively it could actually have some combat benefits.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I would probably be a silent dagger (make no sound as it about to stab someone), useful for an assassin.

Groenteman

Mar 30, 2011
A mind controlling bastard sword. I wouldnt instantly turn my wielder into a rampaging madman, just force him to pass me over to someone else if I dont like him. Just because I died and was turned into a sword doesnt mean I dont get a say in what I cut up! I also refuse to be dual-wielded beside anything else than a dagger, and that only in an emergency. Because dual wielding is silly and impractical.

The weapon is sturdy and versatile, contains no redundant parts, a minimum of decoration and no fancy polishing. Its heavy and long enough to sever limbs, with a sharp enough point to pierce armor. It can be used with one or two hands, can be grasped behind the guard with the second hand, and even the crossguard can be used to clobber someone. All parts beside the blade are black.

I also refuse all forms of maintenance or modifying, instead remaining perpetualy sharp and unpolished.

This was kinda fun to write about.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
A Gladius. Either that or a Bastard Sword. Probably the Bastard. Can be used effectively with two hands or one hand with a shield. And very nice when fighting from horse/dragon back too.

Not too thin though. Thickness and badassery could vary, from a knight's sword to wide single-edged sword used for the thickest of monsters.

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
Probably a bow of some description, being adaptable at either being very focused on one target and get a one hit kill, or just very fast and shooting in rapid, wild bursts hitting stuff almost randomly.