What Would Dragon Taste Like?

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Since they are magical creatures and vary so much, I imagine they would each taste different. Evil dragons would taste bitter, benevolent dragons would taste sweet, etc. Of course, if Skyrim is to be believed, dragons are not killed until killed by a dragonkin and when he does so, their skin/muscles/everything falls off their bones and disappears. So, unless you like dragon bone marrow, there's not much to eat.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
gigastrike said:
Well, they're reptiles. I'm guessing they'd taste like alligator.
I was gonna say alligator myself. I still wanna try alligator though.

Drunkbot

Nov 9, 2010
Having sampled many a critter, I would hazard a guess that dragon tastes like dragon.

On that note, I am sad I have no ready source of kudu to feast upon. Best tasting animal, ever. Maybe one of those ranches down in Texas...

If dragon tasted like kudu I would be the most accomplished dragon-slayer in all the realm.

AlwaystheUnlucky

Oct 5, 2010
I don't think it would taste very good. They consume minerals(I forget which one at the moment) that wouldn't taste very good in order to fly and breathe fire.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Whatever snake tastes like I suppose...

Captcha says it tastes like espondo. Not sure how the computer knows, but whatever.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
gigastrike said:
Well, they're reptiles. I'm guessing they'd taste like alligator.
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. Which is definitely not a bad thing.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
I have the feeling it would taste like snake, and you'd never be able to fully cook the meat because in my own personal fantasy mind dragon's temperature are always extremely hot. You're basically eating raw but very hot meat.

If you cooked it, it would taste like Tobasco sauce and lobster.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
a lot like brahmin, but with a more deathclaw-ey texture. probably really tough, being that they're dragons.

badpun

Apr 4, 2010
I'd think it'd taste as rich as kangaroo, with a more gamey flavour and a spicy firey edge to it :p

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
Chicken and for two very good reasons.

Reason 1: Everything tastes like chicken.

Reason 2: The closest existing thing to dragons are dinosaurs and the closest living thing to dinosaurs are birds (technically they're actually classified as dinosaurs). So dragon would taste like chicken.