What would happen if you shot a portal gun in your mouth?

TheScottishFella

The Know-it all Detective
Nov 9, 2009
I know this is a really odd but portal 2 is coming out in a couple of days so it is kind of topical.... Yeah lets go with that so I wondered some really odd questions, so what do you think would happen.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
I do believe you could eat yourself.. Or turn inside out..

Edit.. this question reminded me of this..

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
It would probably just irradiate you or something. It needs a suitable amount of Portal-capable flat surface to create a portal. Like an Aperature Science Panel.

Even so, if you ever get the chance to try it, make sure you get it on film. Just in case.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
You could put food in your mouth and it would come out of the other portal, wherever that may be (the truly immature among us would shoot it at our crotches, put our trousers over it, then 'eat' a large baguette...what? only me? erm....)

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Cancer, or death. The game even includes a warning not to look into the operational end of the device.

Or since it wasn't a white wall nothing.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
I don't think it'd be a very medically safe thing to do, but I'd totally watch an attempt of it on Youtube.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
ReservoirAngel said:
You could put food in your mouth and it would come out of the other portal, wherever that may be (the truly immature among us would shoot it at our crotches, put our trousers over it, then 'eat' a large baguette...what? only me? erm....)
I laughed WAY too hard at this, someone needs to draw a short comic about this. I don't care if the art is crap as long as you convey the idea correctly.
OT: I suppose it would mean you could eat without ever opening your mouth. You know, place a portal on a plate or bench or whatever and place the food in there, it should then pop out the portal in the back of your throat. Thus, eating without ever opening your mouth. I don't even want to think of the respiratory ramifications this practice may cause though.

Mastercylinder

Jun 27, 2010
MADNESS!

but in all seriousness, what ever goes in goes out, or vice-versa.

(GLaDOS Sez: Please keep in mind that Aperture science equipment must be kept 14inches away from all orifices. Punishment is too disgusting to elaborate on. Please keep that in mind.)

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Just one portal? Nothing. However, if it went somewhere? Your head will probably fall off or something messy like that.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
VanQQisH said:
ReservoirAngel said:
I laughed WAY too hard at this, someone needs to draw a short comic about this. I don't care if the art is crap as long as you convey the idea correctly.
OT: I suppose it would mean you could eat without ever opening your mouth. You know, place a portal on a plate or bench or whatever and place the food in there, it should then pop out the portal in the back of your throat. Thus, eating without ever opening your mouth. I don't even want to think of the respiratory ramifications this practice may cause though.
Also consider how much easier it would be to fellate oneself with this technology...

I'll be quiet now.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Well you aren't supposed to point the operational end of the device at yourself, so no matter what, it's probably bad.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
But it's not a blank white surface, it wouldn't stick. Also, hard angle to aim at considering how you hold it.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
You would suffocate due to all the oxygen you inhale ending up somewhere that isn't your lungs.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I don't know. I mean, i'm not even supposed to look at the operational end of the device. I'd probably enter another dimension.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
ReservoirAngel said:
VanQQisH said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Also consider how much easier it would be to fellate oneself with this technology...

I'll be quiet now.
There's a meme about that, but I can't find it. Someone?

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Actually yeah, I'm gonna officially suggest this:

Yellow portal in mouth
Shoot blue portal at wall at waist height
Insert penis
???
Profit!