What would you do if you had a Time Machine?But with rules!

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
i'd check to see if Jesus actually performed any miracles and get what he actually taught, see the dinosaurs, check to see if aliens did visit the earth, and see all my favorite bands live when i damn well please. if i can't change history, then i'm more or less observing, so i couldn't crowd surf or mosh or anything like that, cause even the slightest bump changes that smallest bit of history, so the concerts won't be as awesome, but i'll still check it out anyway. i'd basically observe all religious moments and see how accurate their beliefs really are.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
To the future! To the past! To different dimensions through space-time manipulation or something intellectual sounding!

Also to see how many sport results I can memorise to become a zillionaire!

Blue2

Mar 19, 2010
I would go through my childhood again (to see my dad again)
Go to High school again and do stuff different
Go see if religion is true once and for all
Jump into the future and see the next lotto numbers
Go into the future and see if we have progress more (or less)

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
The only thing one CAN do with a time machine, Cheat the horse races. Find out exactly which slot makes the jackpot, and at what time, Rig the lottery, Make bets knowing I'll win, stuff like that.
Then, find some technological golden age and repeat the previous result. Starting with a little cash I got selling my "historical currency."

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
id confuse the shit out of myself and everyone watching by meeting my past self with lots of myself through wormholes timesplitter style. "its time to split!"

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
I would do nothing with it. I would let the time machine sit in my house and gather dust. Perhaps I would put drinks on it.

the spud

May 2, 2011
I'd go chill with Siddhartha Gautama or Jesus for a while just to see what they actually did (if they ever existed at all). Either that or I go to the future to figure out what to invest in.

3aqua

Aug 17, 2010
Five seconds before the big bang.
And a minute or so after its inevitable collapse.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
Talk to all the people who inspire me, and takes photos of many big events and disasters, see what life was life in WW2 don't think I would stay there for to long. The things that jump out to me the most are tragic events like wars or mass destruction, viewing those things would change my perspective on the life I lead.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
RaffB said:
1.Any Time
2.You can't bring anything back with you
3.You can't change history in any way
4.You exist in that time, but people will not pay too much attention to you.
5.You can stay anywhere for as long as you want
But I can take notes and photos, yes?

Also, do I get a Universal Translator?

If so, I'd hit up Ancient Greece, Egypt, Rome, China, Gaul, etc and check out all of those interesting societies. I'd take the camera and the notebook to document what I learned.

I could bring back pieces of writing - plays and poetry - lost to modern man. I could visit the great temples of my goddesses when they were actually in use.

I could meet Sappho. ^^

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
I simply wouldn't need to bring anything physical back with me. Surely If I can go back and forth through time I can use my superior knowledge to find any hidden artifacts that may still exist? Anyway:

David Bowie "Retirement" Concert
Jim Morrison Penis incident
Absinthe cafe with Oscar Wilde
Nuremberg Rally
New York 1960'S Warhol's Factory
Haight/Ashbury 1960's
Frank Sinatra concert
The "Train" Early Silent film being shown
A Velvet Underground Gig
Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen's Chelsea Hotel room.

Basically all the places no fiction visits.

killerwack

just delete this account
Oct 22, 2011
I would make someone meet the woman/man of their dreams because if my theory is correct you can do whatever the hell you want and not change the future because you already did.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Barring the obvious stuff that would result in making lots of money (which I'd totally do too), it'd be hard to go past just spectating awesome moments in history: bands that I never got to see, sporting events, world-changing events. A few random ones:

- Watch the fall of the Berlin Wall
- See Hendrix play
- See Stevie Ray Vaughan play
- Watch Ayrton Senna race
- See Black Sabbath play, back when Ozzy could remember the words without a teleprompter
- Be in just about any major Western-world city when the end of WWII is announced

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
Go back in time a few seconds to watch myself go back in time to watch myself go back in time.

General Grind

Oct 31, 2011
- Watch the real battle of Thermopylae.
- See dinosaurs\huge animals and all other now extinct animals.
- Watch Socrates in Athens
- See Athens and Rome in their pride
- See if the battle for Troy really happened
- See if Shakespeare was real, and if so, how he worked
- Watch Leonardo da Vinci do his thing.
- See if Jesus, Siddharta Gautama really existed
- Visit the library of Alexandria
- See if Atlantis was real
- Watch dinosaurs and huge animals for the rest of my life, cause that would be awesome.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
What's the bloody point if I can't change history?

Anyway, I guess I would go see the Berlin Wall and the time of the Three Kingdoms in China. That's about it.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Ohh....so very many ideas. Too many to even comprehend at the moment. Listening to "This is Gallifrey, Our Childhood Home" from Doctor Who sure doesn't help much, either.

Definitely want to visit the future, see what lies in store and hopefully not be too horrified.
Maybe go back in time and look at my younger self, just for the nostalgic kicks.
I'd want to go to some tapings of the Johnny Carson show, because I have a huge amount of respect for the guy.
Maybe meet some guys like Frank Sinatra, James Dean, Marlon Brando.
Be there at the filming/release of landmark films like King Kong, Casablanca, Star Wars. Meet my film editing hero, Walter Murch (yeah, he's still alive, but whatever.)
Meet Bob Kane (the creator of Batman). In this one case, I'd do whatever I had to to break the "no interference" rule and tell him how much his creation would still be loved (he'd still know it when the Tim Burton film is released in 1989, but I don't care).

So. Many. Possibilities....