What would you do if...?

IzisviAziria

Nov 9, 2008
It would depend on whether I liked it or not I suppose. If I liked it, I would eat it. If not, I would eat the vegetables.

Honestly, I'd never choose to eat cat, but it happens around the world (and none too rarely) so I wouldn't totally freak on them.

Although I would probably make sure to as what they were having for dinner ahead of time in future visits.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
so did you kill it or buy it at the butcher ... Im not eating road kill am I? if its froma butcher ... why not meat is meat so long as its not human or genitals/brain other organs bleh.

jimahaff

Apr 28, 2011
Ask what its name was and take another bite. Just as a point of reference I'm american, and I the strangest meat I have ever eaten was lamb; and it was delicious. Ya I value my friendship more than societal norms, also I think modern people are real pussies about what they will and won't eat. I know that most people world wide eat worse things than that on a daily basis. I'm not going to act like a privileged entitled wuss just because I have a beloved pet cat.

I also won't judge anyone based on something as shallow as food preferences. I love my cat, and blood would be shed if he tried to cook my cat, but I'm open to new things, and I have incredible self control. So ya I would keep eating.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
Go berserk, yell every cuss-word in the English language (and a few in Spanish and German) and run out of there, like the captcha says, like greased lightning!

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Never said what I would do. I'd probably assume they were joking and just keep eating. I would completely drop the subject, and let them be innocent until proven guilty. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Ask if it was raised specifically for eating or if they stole some poor neighbor's cat before continuing. If it was raised specifically for eating, then I'll eat it. You know, assuming it was healthy with no worms or diseases.

What? I've heard cat can be pretty good.

Mrselfdestruct

Sep 5, 2009
Cats look tasty...for some reason I imagine they'd taste like Duck...

I'd probably keep eating if it was good enough, I like trying new foods.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I'd ask where he/she got it since several cats in my neighborhood, including 2 of mine, have been dissappearing lately. Unless it was a wild cat, or a cat specifically raised for meat, I'd probably call the cops and never assosiate with them ever again.

ZRendZ

Jun 9, 2011
"Oh awesome" and eat on hoping they're just f***ing with me and if not, oh well at least I've tried something new

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I'd say "hmm." and continue eating. Same thing if they'd said it was corn-fed human. Meat is meat. I'll just assume that whatever it is, it was raised to be meat, as opposed to someone's pet. In India, most people would have a similar reaction to the more negative ones in this thread if the meat had been beef. I've eaten farm-raised dog in my life, yet I have a pet dog whom I would never eat.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Start cooking stray cats? They really piss me off lately and this looks like a great solution.

I'd eat human meat if it was legal so idgaf about cats.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
I'd keep eating. I'm usually game for trying new things. (not the kinda stuff Andrew Zimmern eats mind you) Besides everyone jokes about eating cats from Chinese food restaurants, and ya never know, maybe we have.