What would you like to see in Elder Scrolls 5?

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
How about no essential characters? like in Fallout New Vegas where everyone can die.

Apr 28, 2008
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I'd like to see them take the design document from Daggerfall, and finally create the game they intended. The early promos for Oblivion hinted that they were doing this, and it was pretty disappointing when Bethesda, far from turning out an improved version of Daggerfall, turned out a game with a smaller world and less stuff to do than Morrowind instead.
Yeah, agreed.

Also, I'd like more then 9 voice actors for 1000 NPC's please.

Argonians and Kahjiit(probably spelled that wrong) had only 2 voice actors. One for Argonian/Kahjiit males, 1 for females of both races.

Same thing with Orcs and Nords, and all the elf races.

I know getting unique voices for that many NPC's would be insane, but come on Bethesda, I think you can do better.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
The problem that I had with Oblivion when comparing it to Morrowind was that Oblivion just wasn't as epic a game.

I'll add a list of a few things that I'd like to see including a reference:

- Good storyline (Morrowind)
- Varied combat (Morrowind, bow or shortbow/longbow/crossbow/darts/knives?)
- Enormous gameworld (Morrowind)
- Fantastical settings (Morrowind, remember the giant mushroom plant things?)
- Teleports/silt striders/boats (Morrowind, no fast travel, k?)
- Long quest lines (Morrowind)
- Varied quests (Morrowind, mages/fighters/thieves/imperial cult/imperial legion/temple etc etc etc)
- Vibrant scenery (Oblivion, more colours than brown and grey)
- Hidden easter eggs (Oblivion, see the dead troll under the bridge?)
- Voice acting (Fallout, actual emotion)
- Exploration rewards (Fallout)

Bethesda have been putting out a lot of high quality games, but I think if a good balance between Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout etc can be achieved, Bethesda can make a true genre classic.

Like Goldeneye to the console FPSes or Civilisation to the turn based RTSes.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Airships.
Werewolves.
Guards that aren't norse gods come to earth seeking their vengence upon you and only you.
More than 5 voice actors.
Dragon riding infantry.

EDIT:
On the topic of psyic guards, how about a judge and jury. Rule of law is limited to only the guard? I dont think thats how a civilization stays a free one.

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
Pretty good suggestions so far guys.

I also think it would be good to have a barter system. Say trading a sword for a piece of armor or something like that.

Okamipsychonaut

Mar 30, 2010
I really liked the plots in Morrowind. The differences in the Houses, especially Telvanni, the awesomest of all the House when building the stronghold. The story of the moral Gods. I liked how as a good character you could help the Lizards and Cat people to be enslaved. Some of this was in Oblivion, but I missed things like the hugeness that was the Cantons of that city that is now deleted from my brain.

jamesmax

Aug 25, 2009
i would like to see the Sload in the game i think it would be cool to go more into a new race.

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
I would have to say...

1: more creatures (I can only fight so many wolves before I get bored and play something else)
2: a visually diverse world
3: bring back text-based, instead of voice-based, dialogue (I know this won't happen, but the way they handled it in morrowind was great. Diverse, unique conversations and not having to hear the same voice 20 times in a row)

Sinisterair

Oct 15, 2008
Judgement101 said:
How about NO FAST TRAVELING!
dont like it dont use it, you can walk simple as that.

I would like to see it period.......ELDERSCROLLS RULES!!!!
Also The varity of weapons seen in morrowind
Larger Cities
Varity in spell creation and usage
Btr Markmenship
More powerfull Foes
......uhh......Mi'at the liar must make an appearance

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Custard_Angel said:
The problem that I had with Oblivion when comparing it to Morrowind was that Oblivion just wasn't as epic a game.

I'll add a list of a few things that I'd like to see including a reference:

- Enormous gameworld (Morrowind)

Like Goldeneye to the console FPSes or Civilisation to the turn based RTSes.
Oblivion's world was actually bigger in size than Morrowind

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
I'd say more voice acting, better character mapping I mean sure you guys have to do a little extra work but it'll be worth it in the end Bethesda, take away the staring at least... o.o

Also take more than a day to work out the bugs

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
- More spell variety, more crazy combos to make
- A Mage's quest line where you lobby to bring back Levitation, Jump, Slow Fall, etc
- Mark/Recall, Interventions, Morrowind style fast travel where you have to think about how you manage you time
- More varied art design so each city actually looks and feels different -> See Morrowind
Anvil got this right, pretty much every other city got it wrong. Different architectural design, sure, but always the same colour palette
- Lore-based critters. Less generic fantasy beasties. In other words, more Guar, less deer
- I WANT MY RANGED WEAPONS BACK. We bitched about this on the forums when Oblivion was announced and I haven't gotten over it!
- More guilds, longer guild quest-lines. Re-create sense of rivalry that permeated Morrowind
- More random 'stumble-upon' side quests, but FO3 had plenty of these so I think they are getting better
- And finally, if they have time, new animations and game system. Non-essential, but would be nice.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Morrowind's currency and barter system. Being able to actually sell your 50k items for more than 2500 septims? Yes please.

Also, levitation, jump, and mark/recall. I miss many spells from Morrowind. I realize they had to get rid of levitate because of the city walls system, but that doesn't mean you couldn't still have it and have a skybox around the city that acts like a door, or possible just not be able to fly into the city.

And finally, being able to fly a dragon and have horse combat. Dragons are just awesome, and being able to fight off your mount would be so cool. In Obilivion, it's like, oh no, I'm getting attacked by a wolf, I better get off my horse and shoot it with a bow rather than just shoot it with a bow from here.

Trig0n

Nov 9, 2010
Deffinately no omnipotent guards. I murdered one out in the woods with a stealth kill to get his sword and everybody hunted me down for it. Yet at the same time no merchant seemed to bothered by me selling imperial guard armor to them <.<

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
Honestly, all I ask from TES 5 is for TES 5 to get made. I've waited four goddamn years for this game, and now I'm just getting word that IT'S COMING OUT IN 2011 WOOT PARTY TIME!!!

If pressed, my only real requests are better voice acting and longer questlines (I shouldn't be able to beat the Dark Brotherhood in less than three days).

Also, if they could hire a great actor and then not kill them off in the first act, that could help (Honestly, Patrick Stewart and Liam Neeson were bad enough...but what's with killing off Mattthew Perry?).

As long as Beth releases this game in 2011 I will forgive anything they do. God knows they've had enough time to make it perfect.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
what i dont want is the stupid leveling system in elderscroll games. how as you level enemies get better. whats the point in leveling at all. i think the fallout system is best where the game is divided into zones and the enemies scale to your level when you enter the zone. that way the game is always challenging but there is still a reason to level cause as you level the current and previous zones get easier.

i would be playing oblivion right now if it wasnt for the leveling syste, that makes me feel like i havent achieved anything at all.