What Would You Like to See In Saints Row 4?

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
I was quite disappointed that they built up the whole confrontation with Dex in SR2, and then totally swept that under the rug in 3, and the guy they built up as the main bad guy, total let down, killed off too damn soon, i wanted a big, epic final showdown where they revealed johnny to be alive and he just wrecked shit again. his death btw, total bullshit, considering what Gat's been through, and he gets killed like that? and offscreen too? uh, what?

i would love it if they brought johnny back and created some mashup of the two endings where you have both shaundi and a city of your own.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
I feel a return to SR2 would be the best for the series since it is easily the best in the series by being able to balance the insanity. Also SRTT seemed too streamlined and half assed between the minimal customization options for you, your cribs, and everything else, and the removal of about half of the SR2's weapons, cars, and activities. Finally make the story a lot more down to earth so when we decide to go off the deep end and have our insane fun outside of the story it is a nice break not an everyday occurrence.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I want to see it be more like Saints Row 2 damn it! Some serious moments please among the wackiness, be slightly grounded in reality.
Also I want the character models to return and the revolver from the other Saints games to come back. Also I want there to be lots of deadly reptiles.
No reason, I just want deadly reptiles.

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
VMK said:
I didn't play that much of SR3, but still:
Ability to create your own vehicle;
Would be nice, but given the way the vehicle system works, unlikely to happen.

GunsmithKitten said:
I didn't so much mind them killing Gat, but they did it OFF CAMERA! I would have been fine if they let him go out in a storm of bullets, sneers, and blood, but to just hear it over the radio? No sir, I don't like it.
Penultimate Rule of killing beloved/big bad characters : Never, ever, show them actually dying - or the body, if you want to bring them back later.

That said, I'm glad people want more out of Saints Row and glad I got to contribute to it. I do prefer the over the top whacky over the too serious drama llama of GTA which lost any fun appeal, but at the same time I did enjoy the somber moment in SR2 with Carlos.

I do agree I miss some parts of the gang war from SR2, taking over territories and fighting back. Would be nice if there was an open war mode where there was no storyline, just the gang war like some RTS game, having to take a key building, upgrade it, managing funds and manpower to defend it, seeing how long you hold out before you can actually lose a territory. In SR2, when an area was under attack, you could leave it forever as you could never really lose it - having a mode where you could would change things drastically.

And even better - make it support 4 player coop: "Saints 4-Ever." ;)

Hey look! Developer plaque! :

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
well, imo saints row 3 was basically perfect

all you could really do is add more missions gang lords or spend more on optimizing higher graphics settings
as long as they go forward with the planned content for sr4 that was based on saints row 3, then i'm happy tbh

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
GunsmithKitten said:
BUT, being able to pick your gang vehicle from any in the game (it would be fine, and a good motivation in fact, to only allow things like APC's and tanks to be gang vehicles with a specific achievement) and to be able to trick it out as well shouldn't be. Also some more control over your gang's arsenal would be nice too.
Ask for mod tools instead then? ;)

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
My opinion probably is skewed cause I've only played SR3, buuuut~
--More Customization. It felt pretty big in the game.
--Little more variety on the streets.
--Mod Support for the PC
--Able to easily create new radio station(could be covered under modding, I guess.)
I kinda like the wackyness of SR3, it felt nice to just break free of seriousness of almost all the other main stream games. Though i could live without it, if mod support was introduced, cause people'll make they own wacky.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
If there's anything I'd like to see in a fourth Saints Row, it's for Volition to, at very least, portray Shaundi as she was in Saints Row 2 and use canon discontinuity to disregard how in The Third, she was a hard-assed ***** (if you'll pardon my language).

Seriously, what made Volition think taking someone as laid back and friendly as Shaundi and turning her to an always-angry action girl was a good idea?

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Wasn't there was supose to have a Saint's Row The Third DLC with super powers that got into work in the next one? I really wnat to have superpowers since I already playing a supervillain anyway.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
[Kira Must Die said:
] Also, and this is a minor nitpick, but I'd like it if your hair wasn't set on a fixed style when you wear a hat. Also, more hairstyles would be nice, with maybe more customization.
Ah man, I forgot about that one. And this isn't the only game that does that either.

I had some serious issues with it, like how..
... Johnny dies in the first 10 minutes... off-screen. Seriously, what the hell was that? If you're gonna kill off a character that has been a primary figure in all the previous games, you better know how to properly kill him off, not in some half-ass way.

You know, that theory about the whole game being a movie that Pierce wrote is becoming more and more believable to me, and I would give them major props if that was really the case.
The_Lost_King said:
I want Gat alive
LGC Pominator said:
... Johnny Gat brought back,...
Well,
In 'The Trouble With Clones' DLC, Johnny is brought back as a brute know as Johnny Tag, and doesn't seem to remember anything past around when Aisha died (I think, it's been a bit since I played it). By the end of the DLC, Johnny Tag joins you and you're buddies!

So maybe come SR4, Johnny will be shrunk down because... he got better?... and things will go on as if he didn't die.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I enjoyed playing through SRTT a lot and spent a lot of time just going around causing mayhem and stuff but I did sometimes feel like there was nothing to do and the city was rather 'empty' of atmosphere.

I would like to see maybe the ability to create what your gang looked like instead of pre-set options. Have the gang look as mental as you do whilst in gunfights. I mean what's more 'Saints Row' a guy dressed like a gangster/pimp/pmc goon or huge tattooed dude in woman's dress, flip flops and a mowhawk carrying a machine gun...