What would you name your children?

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
I weep for the next generation of escapists.
Knowing personally a Jonny English and a Vicky Pollard, I am all too aware of the hardships faced by people with unusual names. So i'd probably go with something run of the mill like Sam or James for boys, Rebecca or Sophie or something for girls.

If I was going to be cruel I might go for James Clarke Maxwell for the boy, which isn't even that bad, although it would be harder for the girl because 'curie' would be an odd middle name.

In all truth, i'd probably let the mother decide.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
As for the time being (since I would need to discuss the child naming with my wife)-

If it's a boy- James (eventhough that name remine me of this dickhead back in High school), Ryan, Liam or maybe Michael (a cousin of my is named Michael so that could be confusing).

If it's a girl- Kelly, Emma, Rachael or Faye.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
If I have a daughter, her name's gonna be Lyra (after Lyra Silvertongue from His Dark Materials).
With boy names, I'm at a loss. Maybe something from DC like Wally, Bruce or Hal.

KINGBeerZ

Apr 22, 2012
I tried the point to a random word thing and came out with derby, as well as Olympic games

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Alex, Elliot or Griffon. Regardless of gender.
If it's good enough for my pokémon, it's good enough for them.

Gordon Freemonty said:
No, probably something like Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All.
is it pronounced Alfie?

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
My first child will be named Agent Orange, regardless of gender.
My second child will be named Zippo if its a boy, and Lucy if its a girl.
If I have a third child I will name him Max: Reaper of Worlds. If my third child happens to be a girl, then I'll feed her to a lion.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I'd want them to have fairly timeless normal names that they could break out in full for formal events but shorten for normal life. Alexander or Nicolas are pretty good for boys. For girls, Katherine or Elizabeth. Those sorts of deals.

Although some sort of hexadecimal system for coding them would probably help for when we started conditioning them.

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
Son names include Vincent, Alois, Isaac or Xavier.

My partner has agreed if we have a daughter he gets to name her since I get to name any sons. His ideas for girls names are Shilo, Catherine or Elliot.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Hmm... Gabriel is a good name, and I'm not even religious. Also the name Agatha is surpisingly easy to get used to.

I wonder if I can get away with naming my child OTHAR TRYGVASSEN, GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER!

Gordon Freemonty said:
Either grape or blossom fairy.

No, probably something like Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All.
By the way, nice Barry Shitpeas avatar.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
My future wife will probably have some say in it so I dont think I will be able to get away with calling my son Gandalf or my daughter Gertrude (von crusher: middle name).

NinjaRabies

Mar 26, 2010
I really like the name Michelle for a girl. For a boy, I want to start a tradition. My first name is Tor (More common Norwegian spelling of Thor) and I'd like to pass it on, but as with me along with another name which I haven't decided on yet. I think I'd have to see the bugger first.

GmonXyZ

Mar 3, 2012
Dul'Mephistos, Tor'Baalos and Al'Diabalos.

In that exact order.

Any subsequent baby's are offered to Moloch.

theSteamSupported

Mar 4, 2012
<spoiler=Girls' names>
Elsa
Liv (Swedish for life)
Georgia
Lilja
Kasai (Japanese for fire)
Silny (Russian for strong)
Luma

<spoiler=Boys' names>
Tai
Smeagol
Adler (German for eagle)
Cautus (Latin for careful)
Ali
Levi
Signum

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
I'm a fan of "old-fashioned" sounding names. I like Hannah or Emma for a girl and Alaric or Calvin for a boy.

I'll never have kids, though, so it doesn't really matter what I think. Haha.