What wouldn't you be ready for in the gaming world?

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
What wouldn't you be prepard for, whether it is a new console that uses cyberspace, or a awsome game from a series that usually makes really bad games, whatever you can think of.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
A game that every one loves.
That would implode the universe. Or maybe a console that plays every game ever made, regardless of what they are e.g disc, cartridge, floppy.

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
I would not be prepared for a console that requires you to perform homosexual acts with it to get an in game advantage over other players.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Dark knifer said:
What wouldn't you be prepard for, whether it is a new console that uses cyberspace, or a awsome game from a series that usually makes really bad games, whatever you can think of.
Off topic here but what music video is your avatar taken from?
It looks very familiar to me.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Sassafrass said:
Dark knifer said:
Off topic here but what music video is your avatar taken from?
It looks very familiar to me.
Chop suey! by system of a down. One of their greatest songs in my opinion.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Coherent, well-written plots with well-developed, likable characters and QTE-free cutscenes that are actually worth watching.

Jan 23, 2009
Crazy AI. Like AI that I could talk to and it would respond like a human, to anything. AI that could think logically. That would scare the shit outta me.

There is a game called Facade (link [http://www.interactivestory.net/]) that has crazy AI. It literally responds to your dialogue.

It's the next big step for RPGs really, instead of multiple choice, you can say whatever you like, and the AI responds accordingly.

But honestly... I'm not sure I'm ready for that as a gamer. It would make RPGs all that bit harder...

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
A game that is sensible, and has both maturity and subtlety. If one exists, I haven't noticed it.

Mordant Marmite

Dec 26, 2009
SantoUno said:
Digital download-only.

Fuck that shit I'd rather have hard copy for obvious reasons.
This.

Sneaklemming said:
It's the next big step for RPGs really, instead of multiple choice, you can say whatever you like, and the AI responds accordingly.
AI that was too realistic would be scary but I think an RPG that writes its story (and does it convincingly) as you play would be sheer awesome.

Rhade

Jan 2, 2010
e2density said:
I would not be prepared for a console that requires you to perform homosexual acts with it to get an in game advantage over other players.
I don't think such a thing would be a console...or marketed to straight people...ever...

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
As has already been said, a game that everyone loves.
It just can't happen... someone is bound to hate it, just to be different.

Or a game that uses my idea. As in, the game that doesn't exist that I wrote up.
If it got made, I'd have to suspect that someone accessed my archive for the idea.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
SantoUno said:
Digital download-only.

I'm with you 100%. I'll quit gaming altogether before I'll go full digital.

Also, I don't think I'm ready for "virtual reality", or whatever buzzword they're using to describe this Project Natal/PS3 Wand thing. I'll concede that some fantastic things are possible if developers are willing to take the time to use these new tools to their greatest potential, but I'm just too attached to gaming with a real controller to give it up in favor of a camera and some sensors.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
I don't think I'd be ready for the Team Fortress 2 PC updates coming to the 360.

SantoUno said:
Digital download-only.

Exactly the reason I proceeded to burn every emulator on my computer after acquiring a SNES.

Distazo

Feb 25, 2009
I don't think I am ready for a game based entirely off of a major motion picture that actually had small level of value to it.

NoriYuki Sato

May 26, 2009
Dark knifer said:
What wouldn't you be prepard for
simple...a game that actually ends, rather than has another disc or a cliffhanger.

mini-rant warning!!!!!

aka, Shenmue i want Yu Suzuki to finish his most amazing game on this side of ever. I WANT TO MURDER LAN DI GOD DAMMIT!!!!! and what the FUCK was
with the magic at the end of Shenmue 2? then after she shows magic powers ONLY when with Ryu, the game just fucking ends!
then Yu Suzuki has the nerve to announce that he has no plans of ever making Shenmue 3. he's actually donw with that big ass cliffhanger, when Lan Di is in the village 3 miles away from your ending location...what...the fuck.

sorry..mini-rant over, anyways, i wouldn't be ready for Yu Suzuki to actually finish something he started. i'd pry crap myself to be honest.