What X- Men's power would you have?

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Sieg Firebrand said:
But that only worked because Mystique injected the guard with extra metal
But in the comics Magnus kills an entire army at once by forcing the normal amounts of iron in their blood to a central point in their bodies. Effectively killing them by an internal shrapnel implosion that turns all organs and tissue in the way into mush. An ENTIRE army. Plus his ability is mastery of Electro-Magnetism. Which means he can manipulate the earths electro-magnetic field into a nigh indestructible force field.

CrazyGirl17 said:
Oooh... tough call. I'd pick either Jean Grey, the Scarlet Witch, or Mystique.
I was waiting for someone to say Scarlet Witch, reality bending at it's craziest!

OT: Magneto, Forge, or Wolverine. All have amazing real world helpful attributes.

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
Pyro, for fun. i like fire.

But i would also like to show storm some of the stuff she could do with her powers. I mean does she have no imagination? sucking the air out of people's lungs? removing liquid from there body's? her powers are near god-like and she never uses them to full power.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Rogues? Then I'd have ALL of them. (the kind where it's "touch you once then I have your powers for good")
^,^

Rachel317

Nov 15, 2009
Rogue 9 said:
Ah, I was talking about the comics rather than the movies. It's taken her many, many years to get to the point she has in the comics, and some pretty life changing events, but I guess from a certain point of view she did show some development in the second X-Men movie. She was able to deliberately grab Pyro by the ankle and use his powers to put out the fires during the confrontation with the police at Bobby's house.
Yeah, I heard she's pretty badass in the comics...she was in the cartoon series as well, right?
In the second movie though...she KNEW she could drain someone's life force and powers. So it's not like this was a major turning point for her. She wasn't really able to hone her powers (obviously the third film left a bit of a cliff hanger with the "I didn't want this", "But I did", hand ungloved moment, so we may see another film in which she DOES train herself a bit better), but each of the X-Men get a little stronger or a little more refined during their training sessions. Rogue...kinda stood around, being a normal teenager.
I know this isn't the actress' fault, but I can see why people didn't particularly enjoy her screen time. There just wasn't enough development!

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
Hurr Durr Derp said:
I'll just go with vanilla Jean Grey.
Hey, who wouldn't? Given that power-nullifying kid's power, though, I'd be going with Rogue if she was at all interested!

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Phasing. Simple, effective and easy to hide from the public. I think that would be the best power.

steevee

Apr 16, 2008
Gotta be Storm.

All the funnes of the power, plus I'd set up a business, giving goo weather for weddings and whatnot, should make a nice wedge.

I imagine the people at Glastonbury would pay a good deal :p

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
Hrmm, it would either be Nightcrawler or Shadowcat. Walk through a wall or just *BAMF* my way to the other side? I think teleportation.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
For all the people that say Shadowcat, how would you stop yourself falling through the planet when you turn your ability on?

My choice would be Jean Grey. With or without the Phoenix boost, I don't mind.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
For real world utility? Gotta go with Forge. (Hopefully without the crippling personality issues.) A super inventor would be fabulously wealthy and help a lot of people at the same time - a win/win scenario.

In an environment where other people had superpowers? Emma Frost. (I would say Professor X or Magneto, but I don't count either of those as X-Men proper.) Telepathy plus built-in defenses is good.

Fun fact: Psylocke didn't start with the psychic knife; as Betsy Braddock she was basically a mediocre telepath in a pink outfit.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
In Magneto's defense, he was headmaster of the School for Gifted Youngsters for a while in the '80s. He never actually went on X-Men missions though.