What's a good free voice typer?

Denis Trailin

Feb 13, 2010
I'm lazy. Due to my laziness I would very much like a easier way to type with out all those fiddly little keys ,so I am looking for a good voice typer. I should by free and easy to download(please no RapidShare files).

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Free way to type without the Keyboard?

I'm sorry, but couldn't you just use the Virtual keyboard?

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
all i will say is don't use the windows voice recognition cos it sucks balls. very good question mind. i'll be befor answers.

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
Did hell freeze over, in what world is a voice typer easier or quicker than typing on qwerty keyboards?

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Ummm... Microsoft Sam is funny, but not practical for use... Also it's Called Text to Speech.

Calumon: M45t3r Ch33f uses one of them.

Strykz

Apr 4, 2010
Catkid906 said:
Ummm... Microsoft Sam is funny, but not practical for use... Also it's Called Text to Speech.

That's not what he means. What I presume the OP is looking for is a program which interprets your voice into words that it types out. From my experience there is no free programs which do this to a reasonable standard.

Optional Opinion

Dec 29, 2008
Catkid906 said:

I think he/she wants the opposite, so 'Speech to Text'

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
They don't work very well... and unfortunately, they're usually calibrated for a pacific northwest American accent. (Redmond Washington anyone?). Accents really screw with them.

Although i got one to work quite well once. The normal one in windows vista.

But really, qwerty keyboards are far more reliable.

Denis Trailin

Feb 13, 2010
grimsprice said:
They don't work very well... and unfortunately, they're usually calibrated for a pacific northwest American accent. (Redmond Washington anyone?). Accents really screw with them.

Although i got one to work quite well once. The normal one in windows vista.

But really, qwerty keyboards are far more reliable.
Also I have XP not Vista.

Monocle Man

Apr 14, 2009
Levitas1234 said:
Did hell freeze over, in what world is a voice typer easier or quicker than typing on qwerty keyboards?
In a world where everyone is used to an azerty keyboard. Not for long, though. You'll adjust rather fast.