What's a great series to get in to?

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
If you're a bit of a techie, you'd probably like The IT Crowd. It has some great inside jokes for all the nerds. It's amazing, in my opinion.

kane.malakos

Jan 7, 2011
It's far easier to answer questions like this if we know what your interests are, what genres you like, and what sort of thing you're looking for.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Avatar: The Last Airbender. Greatest show ever made; an absolutely brilliant fantasy cartoon that, though made for kids, ends up far more on the "kid friendly" side of the spectrum than the "kiddy." It actually gets really mature and intense as it goes on. Incredible show, and you should absolutely watch it.

Also, Clannad (and its sequel series, After Story). An anime that is absolutely guaranteed to make you cry. I don't care if you sat stone-faced through your grandmother's funeral, this show will break you, then constantly continue bringing the tears as it slowly, painfully sews your heart back together. Absolutely must be seen. Recommended you go with the subtitles, but the dub certainly isn't the worst around.

njrk97

May 30, 2011
watch soul eater it the greates anime ever ok not really but it still very good

chowderface

Nov 18, 2009
I can think of a few:

Ranma 1/2: Probably the best series to have ever been created by Rumiko Takahashi. It's a positively riotous screwball comedy about martial arts, set in a Japan where everything from beating people up to French haute cuisine is a form of martial arts. Also, the main character turns into a girl when splashed with cold water (this results in less sex than you might think).

Azumanga Daioh: Quite a charming and funny slice-of-life show about some high school girls. Since you've come out and admitted you're a brony I'm almost positive you'll like this one.

Adventure Time: Basically the title says it all. Jake the dog and Finn the human have adventures. Just skip the original pilot-it's not anywhere near the same standard as the show proper.

Red Dwarf: A British comedy about a guy on a mining ship who survives a fatal mishap because he was in disciplinary stasis at the time, so now he's stuck out in space, three million years of travel away from Earth, with an android, the humanoid descendant of his pet cat, and a hologram of his coworker.

Chowder: C.H. Greenblatt makes a hurricane of food puns.

Castle: Two words: Nathan Fillion.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
usmarine4160 said:
*Epic Brohoof!* The Walking Dead is really well done, even though zombies are done too much recently. I really like the story.
Agreed.

As an OG Zombie fan I cannot stress how badass Walking Dead truly is. It makes up for most of the slop that's come from the Zombie genre lately...

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Batman TAS - Best stories and voice actors for Batman ever in my opinion. I can't recommend this show enough to anyone interested in Batman or cartoons in general.

Dexter - Seasons 1 and 4 stand out as particularly memorable. Decent story as a whole.

Always Sunny in Philadelphia / Arrested Development - Both are great comedy shows that grow on you as you watch them. Always Sunny picks up as you get into seasons 2 and up.

Death Note - Fascinating Anime with a complete story. The ending leaves much to be desired but the story as a whole is well worth the experience.

General Grind

Oct 31, 2011
If you like live action comedy: Arrested Development, Modern Family and Community are great shows to watch.
If you like live action serious drama\action: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones (Most HBO shows), the Walking Dead, and Friday Night Lights.
If you like live action series that are less "serious" then those mentioned above: Supernatural, Castle, The Mentalist, Once Upon A Time, Stargate Universe, Entourage, Firefly and others.
If you like animes, you should ask someone else as I've seen none, but most seem to think Death Note is the shit.

Shows I havent seen, but people love: Fringe, Psych, Doctor Who and countless others, many whom are mentioned in this thread :p

And ofc South Park if you've never seen that, which I find unlikely.

Solid Reece

Nov 19, 2010
Anime
Katekyō Hitman Reborn but before you stop watching it if you don't like it skip to ep 20 and later, gets better after that.

If you aren't 18 or older do not watch the next show I am saying You Have been warned
Also High School of the Dead.

Sc-Fi
Stargate SG1
Star Trek Voyger

Don't Have time to finish the list

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
The Wire is a VERY VERY good TV series.
Other favourites of mine include 24 (it doesn't matter how stupid it gets, it's still gripping as fuck), the Wallander series (Swedish detective dramas), and The Killing (Danish detective drama, not the shite American version). Ah, someone mentioned Peep Show. I second it.
And for something completely different... Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe, a hillarious commentary and critique of British TV. All the episodes can be found on this guy's channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/zthemusic#p/p

deathbyoatmeal

Apr 3, 2011
arrested development. seriously forget anything else anyone has said, this is one of the funniest, best written, and intelligent shows ever and it deserves attention

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
Since everything else i was going to suggest has already been suggested, i'll point out 'Spaced' [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaced] which you'll love if you enjoyed Shaun of the Dead.