What's a sequel that isn't made yet that you would like to see?

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
Blade Runner. I have very fond memories of playing this adventure game on the PC back in the late 90s. It captured the atmosphere of the movie perfectly. Imagine with todays tech how amazing they could make those Voight-Kampff tests, and better yet, the ESPER system. I loved enchancing those photos looking for clues, so cool.

Secret of Mana. I know the sequel actually came in form of Seiken Densetsu 3 in Japan, but alas Square never bothered to localize it, and my cravings for another game in this universe is as high as ever. The sequels they made on PS1/2 were all rubbish - we want a proper one in the classic JRPG vein!

Another World/Flashback. The reboot was alright, but I'd much more prefer a new chapter that stays more true to the original game.

Shenmue 3. Need I say more?

Wipeout. Sony needs to resurrect this series ASAP.

And can SEGA please allow crowdfunding so that we can get localizations of the Yakuza series?? It is driving me nuts!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I want to see a sequel to Phantasy Star Zero which it will be on the 3DS seeing how Zero was on the DS.

The 3DS will pretty much improved everything in the game like hopefully no more painting backgrounds, actual team speak via the microphone and generally better gameplay and more stuff (more options to the character creations and weapon skins).
I'm not sure how they would usualise the streetpass, maybe you get a streetpass NPC helper in your map and maybe using the coin to buy some theme weapons that change daily?

TheGrueHunter

Jan 14, 2013
There are only two games that I would get on my knees and beg for a sequel to: Psychonauts and Elite Beat Agents.

Although, a sequel to The World Ends With You would be nice as well.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
Dalisclock said:
Keoul said:
Psychonauts 2.
Not funded because no funds.
I'd like to see the same level of depth they put in the first one. So basically almost every object will have a unique reaction with another object and tonnes of easter eggs for those that explore everything.
I'd like to see it too.

Too bad Tim Schafer really isn't doing double fine any favors by bringing in Broken Age over budget and....well, we still don't have a release date yet on part 2. It's still Q4 2014.

Dammit, Tim. I love your games, but I'm tired of dealing with this Valve Time crap.
SUPA FRANKY said:
Psychonauts 2
TheGrueHunter said:
There are only two games that I would get on my knees and beg for a sequel to: Psychonauts and [meh]
I'd love to see a Psychonauts 2 as well. Seriously, dat sort of cliffhanger. You guys might enjoy skimming this forum in regards to Tim Schafer's shenanigans: [HEADING=3]Schafer needs a boss else Double Fine is screwed[/HEADING] [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.861763-Schafer-needs-a-boss-else-Double-fines-screwed#21450624]

SUPA FRANKY said:
A next gen Okami game
[snippety snip]
No More Heroes 3
I can dream about Okami, fine. But, don't you DARE get my hopes up on No More Heroes. I'm still recovering from Travis not being put into the new Super Smash Bros.. I don't need more disappointment.

Dalisclock said:
Random Argument Man said:
Jade Empire 2 and KOTOR 3 would be my picks.

We never saw something so unique as the former and I just want a proper ending to the latter instead of what we got.
Agreed. Frankly, there aren't a lot of RPG's set in east Asia(or anywhere else in Asia, really) and I really liked Jade Empire.

Also, KOTOR3 to make up for the mess that was KOTOR2.
Random Argument Man said:
Regarding KotOR III... well. It hurts bit. I will always remember KotOR I and II fondly, the former a Star Wars adventure and the latter, a gritty deconstruction of the Jedi and Sith and more. I just... I don't know, what roads lie ahead? Will we ever see another fantastic Star Wars RPG? Where could they go after that? I also hope for another Jedi Knight and more games set after and between the movies, which we'll probably get in the following years.
KOTOR always had a lot of squandered potential even in the well received early days of I and II. I've love to see a third one rectify that as long as the bad combat gameplay is fixed. It doesn't help it's kind of outdated too. I'm not a fan of round based, turn based, whatever gameplay.

KOTOR II was screwed over by LucasArts executives. I've only played an hour into it, but I've heard the restored content mod gives it infinite improvements

I also would like to see a REAL finale to the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. Academy was a joke in this regard though still a fun game.

The Enquirer said:
Am I allowed to list Star Wars Battlefront 3 here?
Well, if you take "isn't made yet" to mean "not released" then yes.

canadamus_prime said:
Nothing. And here's why, we now live in an age where the natural tendency of publishers/developers is to take what was good and royally screw it up in the sequel/next installment. And that's not exclusive to games either. So I now approach any new addition to a franchise I enjoy with tremendous amounts of trepidation as opposed to excitement.
It doesn't have to be that way though. This is a "what-if" thread. In your "what-if" scenario you could just imagine them not screwing it over.

kilenem said:
X-men Legends 3 or Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
I still think Spider-Man 2 (the movie tie-in one, not any other similarly titled game) is the best game to come out of a Marvel related property. Then again, I never played too many Marvel games...or DC for that matter.

TizzytheTormentor said:
The World Ends With You needs a sequel, its already been teased, so I hope they get on that, its easily one of Squares finest works in a long time, sequel is overdue.
TheGrueHunter said:
Although, a sequel to The World Ends With You would be nice as well.
I was waiting for someone to say this. The story could be meh, but the game itself was rather unique otherwise.

Other than the games already mentioned in the quotes above, I'm not sure what else really. Mirror's Edge is being made and shows promise. I own a lot of sequels I enjoy. I'm lucky I guess.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
slo said:
System Shock 3.
I know there is Bioshock for that, but it turns out, I hate brass and clowns. And it is not lonely enough, there's too much talky NPCs that are alive and not dead. And I prefer to play as a hacker and not as a plumber. And it kind of fails to hit me in the back when I least expect it the way System Shock 2 did.

Edit:
Um. Details. I would really like a dark cyberpunk fantasy game. Lonely, gruesome and unforgiving.
The kind that does not have safe places and relies strongly on hoarding itmes and ammo. There was a point in System Shock 2 where I ran out of EVERYTHING. In most games I just haul a ton of stuff around and never really use it.
No cutscenes, please. Let me be in full control of my movement throughout the whole game.
Proper inventory screen.
Also I have hands, let me grab ledges and crawl on top of tings.
Psionics and cyber implants - yes, please.
Hacking.
A big and open spaceship that is dangerous, sprawling, and hard to navigate.
In gameplay terms, I just was everything that System Shock was back - it was a dungeon crawler in a sci-fi setting, and crossed with a first person shooter. It had that feel of being trapped in a confusing dungeon that you don't know if you will or will not be able to get out of.
Another important point System Shock was a horror game that was not dark. You never needed a flashlight. There absolutely should be more of these things.
Everything this guy said. Seriously, I'd kill for a true-to-form System Shock 3. The Bioshock games, while decent enough in their own right, just didn't scratch that System Shock itch for me.

And coooome on! The game ended on a goddamn cliffhanger!

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
I would like to see Bungie make a sequel to Oni, which is a hidden gem. The graphics were crap sure, but the combat was pretty deep and satisfying. I love the soundtrack in that game, and the sound design was pretty great. The mercury rifle sounded so cool. Also, I liked how everyone said their special moves out loud like street fighter.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
The Enquirer said:
Am I allowed to list Star Wars Battlefront 3 here? I know they're making one now, but everytime that happens the company closes down or something bad.

I'd really like to see an official Timesplitters: Future Perfect sequel.
I second Battlefront 3. If only because EA got their grubby mitts on it so I'm not really going to count whatever they spew out. I felt pretty ripped off with Battlefield 3 (my own fault for buying at release instead of waiting to see how they could possibly mess up such a simple formula.)

On a slightly less cynical note, I think the sequel I'd like most right now would be Banjo Threeie. The demand has been there ever since Tooie, yet they seem to just squander the IP.

Another one I would love would be another Pokemon Snap. That was the most fun Pokemon game on 64 by far, and I did enjoy the Stadium games. It's also very unique, with the closest games to it being very sparse and not very interesting. With the Wii U I'm sure it's just a matter of time though. Then again, a console Pokemon RPG should have only been a matter of time a long time ago, so I guess logic does kind of go out of the window when you're talking about Pokemon.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Magic: The Gathering (MicroProse)(1997)

Easily my favorite all time MTG card game and the most fun experience I've had with a CCG game (sorry Hearthstone). This game was buggy and broken but so great. If I were an internet personality I'd love to do a nostalgic game review on this sucker :p

Basically it's Magic meets RPG elements.

You start the game with around 7 life (down from the normal 20) and you have a limited card pool with which to build your deck. You face similar weak enemies (guys with like 4 life) and win cards via mulligan on victory. If you face a white mage you'll win white cards most of the time.

As you progress you'll unlock way more cards, more life and the like. You can break the rules of magic in this game as well. Should you be lucky enough to find 4 Mox Jets (normally restricted) then you can run them all!

To spice things up the enemies also break the rules. You'll enter a dungeon of enemies where the theme of the dungeon might be Bad Moon (give all black creatures +1/+1). This will be great for you if you run black...terrible if you don't. The enemies will of course take advantage of this dungeon theme. Some enemies will even start with a creature already in play (like a hypnotic spector for example).

It's hard to describe just how fun the core idea of this game is...and a sequel could not only bring on the more current sets but it could also expand on the game and make things less cryptic/archaic as the original.

Someone needs to make this happen.
Or heck..make this happen in a game like Hearthstone.

It's the best single player CCG I've ever played and nothing else has even come close to deliver that experience again.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Iron Brigade 2. I loved the hell out of Iron Brigade and I would love to see what else they could come up with if Double Fine made a second one.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
jamail77 said:
kilenem said:
X-men Legends 3 or Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
I still think Spider-Man 2 (the movie tie-in one, not any other similarly titled game) is the best game to come out of a Marvel related property. Then again, I never played too many Marvel games...or DC for that matter.

Yeah but the X-men Legends/Ultimate Alliance games are the best series to come out of the Marvel License. They put out three great games in a row and one medicore game. Probably because Raven soft didn't work on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Spider Man 2 is a amazing game but aren't the rest of the movie ties ins mediocre.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Flammablezeus said:
The Enquirer said:
Am I allowed to list Star Wars Battlefront 3 here? I know they're making one now, but every time that happens the company closes down or something bad.

I'd really like to see an official Timesplitters: Future Perfect sequel.
I second Battlefront 3. If only because EA got their grubby mitts on it so I'm not really going to count whatever they spew out. I felt pretty ripped off with Battlefield
Yea, I'm worried that they are just going to make it Battlefield with a Star Wars texture pack. Based on what I saw them briefly doing during the most recent video, they do seem to care quite a bit about it.

Even that aside, I feel like EA, as stupid as it can be, knows that if they screw up this game they will have earned the ire of one of the largest fan bases out there for a very long time.

In other words I'm cautiously optimistic.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
A new Final Fantasy Tactics on 3DS would get me all up on that hype train.

TWEWY also needs a follow up or at least something with similar mechanics. Hungry for more of that.

Luigi's Mansion on the Wii U, Dark Moon was excellent.

ZombiU could do with a follow up that let you play multiplayer online and fixed the seriously clunky controls.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
I've got plenty (and bear in mind I'm aware some are currently in development)

-X-Com 2 (sequel to the latest one)

-Dungeon Keeper 3

-Psi-Ops 2 (PLEASE!!)

-Splatterhouse 2

-Dishonored 2

-Homeworld 3, but I want it to actually take place in space (sorry, but "Shipbreakers" doesn't cut it for me).

-Freespace 3

-Battleforge 2

-And of course, Fallout 4 and Half-life 3.

Boolanger

May 1, 2014
So many games listed that I hope to see Psi-Ops, Dishonored, X-Com, Half-Life, Fallout, Dust: An Elysian Tail jump out at me.

The only one that come to my mind that hasn't been listed is Crimson Skies. Just an awesome games from the Xbox and nothing I have found really fills the space this game holds.

PilgrimScott_III

Sep 28, 2011
Zero Escape 3. I want SO badly for that game to happen. 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors set the stage for an amazing story, Virtue's Last Reward built heavily upon it, and now we need Zero Escape 3 to tie it all together and bring some closure to the series. The only reason it hasn't happened is because the series director, Kotaro Uchikoshi, has been unable to get the funding he needs to make it happen due to the fact that the previous 2 games didn't sell well in Japan (though oddly enough, they sold VERY well in North America; as far as I know, well enough for Spike Chunsoft to get their investment back, so I'm not sure what the problem is there). Still, Uchikoshi isn't going to let that stop him as he is investigating other financial avenues, and there is also a fan page called Operation Bluebird on Facebook created to show support for the final sequel, so I'm holding out a sliver of hope that it will come. In the meantime, I'm doing my part to expand the fanbase by recommending it to as many people as possible :)

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Keoul said:
Psychonauts 2.
First post, and .
Schafer's good relationship with Sony lately gives me hope that it might happen one day.

Others on the list are Legacy of Kain, which needs a definitive ending, though I would gladly accept a full reboot of the series if done right, and Psi-Ops, which was AWESOME despite its fuck-you cliffhanger ending.

Tryforlive

Sep 1, 2009
I would love a Alpha Protocol sequel I believe I might be the one person in the world who loved the first one solid story and interesting gameplay and overall I find is overlooked by many people because it is also a really glitchy game :p

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
SUPA FRANKY said:
Steamboat Chronicles 2
This one right here. Steambot Chronicles was one of my favorite titles on PS2, and I'd love to see new one. Hell, at this point I'll even accept a remaster.

Another one I'd like to see a new sequel for is Disaster Report. I know Raw Danger happened, but I'd like to see a PS3/PS4 entry for the series someday, as unlikely as that is now.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. because even at it's worst it was way better than most other shooters
Fallout because it's Fallout and Fallout is awesome also no online or mmo crap
Doom unlike most people I actually liked Doom 3
Half-Life because it needs one, cliff-hanger and all also fighting combine on frozen ship it's like Cryostasis only with better physics
Command & Conquer may be they can write the last one out of existence, use some time travel shit like in red universe
X-com somehow it managed to make one of the most boring combat styles fun and exiting for me