Whats all this GG nonsense

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
I remember back in my day. When the first vidyagame came out. Warcraft III they called it. It was really good and fun, when the second expansion got releasded they added a new online function and after particularly good games we would say "Good Game" to eachother! Now all these kids these days just say GG after any mediocre game.

I tell you the gaming world has suffered ever since gender equality nonsense. I remember when video game men where all big and burly and had big and burly pixels, now they've all got feminist eyes and able-bodied transgendered leg-parts. It disguists me.

Now all these kids just say GG. At work at play at home. Doesn't matter anymore. Makes me sick.

What planet am I on? Whens a new Game of Thrones coming out? When will DANGER ever get a shiny chocolate coin?

KokujinTensai

Feb 11, 2009
Real Time Strategy games are a patriarchial tool used by the Patriarchy to indoctrinate men into exercising their control over others. Specifically women. Anyone who indulges in such activities is sexist scum.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Flutterguy said:
Warcraft III they called it. It was really good and fun, when the second expansion got releasded....
*hissing and gnashing of teeth* There was only one expansion to Warcraft 3! And online functionality was included with the original game! Jesus, you don't know anything, I'm putting you on ignore!

On a serious note, I have noticed the abuse of GG. Even myself. I'll be in a match where we're doing very poorly and I'll still through it out at the end.

blackmanon4chan

Oct 4, 2014
LetalisK said:
Flutterguy said:
Warcraft III they called it. It was really good and fun, when the second expansion got releasded....
*hissing and gnashing of teeth* There was only one expansion to Warcraft 3! And online functionality was included with the original game! Jesus, you don't know anything, I'm putting you on ignore!

On a serious note, I have noticed the abuse of GG. Even myself. I'll be in a match where we're doing very poorly and I'll still through it out at the end.
its like the hand shake at the end of a little league game, it don't mean nothing just good sportsman ship.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I remember this, when GG was a thing, when the whole team worked well together and BASHED the other team or after throwing a "/all GG" for all to see when the match had been really thight and both teams did awesomelly well, even if our team lost!

Today everyone just rages -.-

The few times I actually go online and play, there are a few people who use the GG after every game while others still do throw it out only when the game was actually a good game in some way.
It's become more of a "fun to play" thing than actual GoodGame... maybe we should start jusing FtP after matches instead? :p

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
GG is common in World of Tanks. Most times it is just a useless formality people type at the end of a battle but sometimes it is a sincere "Well Played Everyone! That was fun.". It really is a case by case basis.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Ha, cute.

We all know this is about gamergate and their internalised misogyny and how they mutilate fellow females in order to make them less attractive as potential mates so their chances of becoming queens rises.

This is just an example of the caste system that oppresses the worker ants, make no mistake.

QuicklyAcross

Mar 11, 2014
Well its not just gg
its gg easy
gg ez
gg2ez4me
gg easy game
gg ez dollars
gg ty free elo/mmr
gg ty free win
take your pick
and remember to be humble in victory :U

Aug 31, 2012
I've always used it as shorthand for "thanks for not being foul mouthed assholes and insulting everyone and ruining their fun" tfnbfmaaieartf gets a bit long to type.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
Oh wait GG means "good game"?

All this time I just thought people I was playing with online were just really into Gilmore Girls.

Illesdan

Sep 15, 2008
Flutterguy said:
I remember back in my day. When the first vidyagame came out. Warcraft III they called it. It was really good and fun, when the second expansion got releasded they added a new online function and after particularly good games we would say "Good Game" to eachother! Now all these kids these days just say GG after any mediocre game.

I tell you the gaming world has suffered ever since gender equality nonsense. I remember when video game men where all big and burly and had big and burly pixels, now they've all got feminist eyes and able-bodied transgendered leg-parts. It disguists me.

Now all these kids just say GG. At work at play at home. Doesn't matter anymore. Makes me sick.

What planet am I on? Whens a new Game of Thrones coming out? When will DANGER ever get a shiny chocolate coin?
I read this post, and the only thing that came to mind was Weird Al's song 'When I Was Your Age'.

Well played, good sir. Well played.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
KokujinTensai said:
Real Time Strategy games are a patriarchial tool used by the Patriarchy to indoctrinate men into exercising their control over others. Specifically women. Anyone who indulges in such activities is sexist scum.
Honestly, I like this thread, but this may be the best response in the whole thing. GG, my friend.

sir neillios

Dec 15, 2012
Wait....you guys capitalize your gg? Well whoop de fucking do. Many a game of Starcraft 2 has gone with only 4 short strings exchanged:

glhf

u2

gg

wp

Done. And that my friends is the warrior's code, greet your opponent/acknowledge his greeting, then bow in defeat/accept his surrender.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
blackmanon4chan said:
its like the hand shake at the end of a little league game, it don't mean nothing just good sportsman ship.
This, it's a digital version of being polite to those you just played a game with. People who play physical sports do this same thing, even when you know they don't feel it. It's called being polite and having manners to your opponent/teammates.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
zen5887 said:
Oh wait GG means "good game"?

All this time I just thought people I was playing with online were just really into Gilmore Girls.
Why would someone have to indicate that they were really into The Gilmore Girls?

Sure that is everyone's default setting.

What kind of monster isn't in love with that show?