What's been your latest read?

Tandrews

Jan 10, 2010
Wakikifudge said:
Cell by Stephen King. Great book.
I was really dissapointed by that book, thought King could have really gone somewhere with it but didn't. Shame really.
OT: "The Stand" by Stephen King. Its got everything, 99% of the population dieing, fight for survival/creating new societies out of the rubble (one good and one evil), a battle between the forces of good and evil in the ruins of North America, the worlds nuclear weapons left unattended.... . Excellent book well worth a read

Poofs

Nov 16, 2009
i just finished The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho for school, it sucked

now i've moved on to The Infernal City: An Elder Scrolls Novel by Gregg Keyes very well written with an interesting storyline

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Just finished "With the old Breed: at Peleliu and Okinawa" by E.B. Sledge, Now I'm reading "The Battle for Okinawa" by Hiromichi Yahara. Both first hand accounts of the Pacific war. Granted also for a class but both are interesting reads.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
Last thing I finished was "Fallen Dragon" by Peter F. Hamilton, which like the rest of Hamilton's works I've read so far was shear bloody awesome.

Currently working my way through Frank Herbert's "Dune" for the first time, and I'm really enjoying it, especially now that I've found time to do some of my own reading, not just the stuff for Uni.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash. What a thrilling read so far. Nothing better than a black Korean hacker who hacks Japanese businessman up with his katana.

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
I finished The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand a few days ago.
Currently reading Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Tandrews said:
Wakikifudge said:
Cell by Stephen King. Great book.
I was really dissapointed by that book, thought King could have really gone somewhere with it but didn't. Shame really.
OT: "The Stand" by Stephen King. Its got everything, 99% of the population dieing, fight for survival/creating new societies out of the rubble (one good and one evil), a battle between the forces of good and evil in the ruins of North America, the worlds nuclear weapons left unattended.... . Excellent book well worth a read
Thanks for the book suggestion. The only thing I really didn't like about the cell is how it didn't really explain who or what caused the cell phones to drive everyone insane. Also, if you like thrillers with witty humor and plenty of twist and turns, I would recommend any book by Harlen Coben. Tell Know One and Gone for Good are particularly good.

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
I recently read The way of the Shadow it was about some assassin and was a pretty good read. but it did end on a bit of a cliff hanger.
I think there is still 2 more books though.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Rock said:
"American Gods" by Neil Gaiman
Heheh. Get to the hooker part yet? XD

Interestingly enough, I was able to use that for a literary analysis final last year.

Simski Burkez

Jun 3, 2009
Currently about half-way through Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz.
After that, I've got Stephen King's Under the Dome to read.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Bloods: Black Veterans of the Vietnam War: An Oral History

Haven't finished it yet, but so far it's pretty depressing. Took interest when I wanted to learn more about the truth behind the characters in a movie called Dead Presidents.

the_duke_CC

Feb 4, 2008
I'm currently reading Fulgrim by Graham mcNeil (book 5 of the horus heresey if you really wanted to know)

last book i finished, the blind watchmaker by richard dawkins