What's going on with Steam lately?

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
wackymon said:
My idea? Obviously Valve is having a AI grow inside the steam servers, who's greenlighting a metric tons of games she enjoys, and finds entertaining. But the issue is that she does not have any judgement, so she's adding a lot of crap.

Then she discovered the internet.

Oh joy.

Now she's surfing The entire internet to keep herself entertained, which expectedly takes up most of valves bandwidth.

Obviously.
I wish this was the case for so many reasons. Just imagine logging in to play something in your library and the AI would just pop in and go "I'm bored, mind if I join you?"

OT: I've been having some issues here and there (my dad had to go into offline mode yesterday because he couldn't connect to steam at all), and all I can think is that they are warding off attacks. I hope it's only DDOS, but after all these stories of places getting data stolen I hope it's nothing worse than that.

The Playstation Network hack is still fresh in my mind.

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
Yup, UK gamer here and I've been getting the exact same thing. Very annoying when you're in the middle of a conversation with someone and *poof*, the connection disappears.

Fortunately, it's not been during anything potentially disastrous like an item trade or something similar. Just irritating that it's happening at all. I want to talk about TWD with my friends! D: