What's on YOUR Phone?

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
It seems like everyone and their brother has a smartphone of some kind these days, whether it be an Android, an iPhone, a Windows Phone...etc. But let's be honest, if people were just using these things to call one another...they'd have probably bought a different phone. That's where the apps come in. You can download google maps to your phone, an app to turn your camera's flash into a flashlight...or of course you can always download Angry Birds...So my question to you, Escapists, is what you have on your phones?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
About 80% of my storage is for music, as my phone is also my music player (and is used mostly for that, more than anything else).

The main games I play on it are Angry Birds, Fairway Solitare and Jetpack Joyride.

Most of the time, if I'm using an app, it'll be Safari or the Twitter, though. I don't play too many games on my phone.

I also have some utility apps, but they're rarely used.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
A lot of video game sound effects.
Every time I get a voice message, my phone says "Hey! Listen!" and I get to see the expression of horror on the face of anyone around me who understands the reference.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
I have Windows Phone. I use it more as an mp3 player than an actual phone. I keep having to delete albums to make way for new ones though, which is sad due to the 16 gb storage.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
It's pretty much all music. I've got the occasional funny video or picture of my nephew on there, but besides that it's all music.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Not much (other than the stuff that were already install on it althought I got rid of one), just a few apps and a couple of Angry Birds games on it.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Honestly I use my Android phone and tablet for everything. I own a computer repair business (though it hasn't seen much business lately) and I use my tablet for business purposes (and bard's tale), and my phone for business calls (and bard's tale). I have everything from my PDF reader on my tablet set up for me to give estimates and issue receipts (including capturing signatures for both me and the customer), I use an add on for my tablet that allows customers to pay to my Google account with a credit card swiper, and I have a database set up on my tablet to allow me to enter in the parts I need and the type of hardware I'm working on to get prices and average hours used so I can give a more accurate estimate on the spot. I also use both for gaming, mainly because there are more games I want to play on Android than there are on any other portable gaming system (if I haven't said it already Bard's Tale).

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Music. Mostly. I mean, it's Android and PowerAMP. Why not? O.O

And for games, I play Jetpack Joyride, Fruit Ninja and Temple Run. Pretty easy time killers.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
In my ownership is a Galaxy Nexus (Unrooted and Android version 4.1 ICS)

I have one or two puzzle games that are good time killers,[footnote]'Unblock me', 'Cut the Rope', and games like 'Game Dev Story' by Kairosoft[/footnote] a music streaming app "Songza".[footnote] Seriously, it's awesome. Download it[/footnote] Tango and Go SMS for communications. Also, 'Nova Launcher' in place of the Android 4.1 launcher, among other customization apps and standard Google Junk.

klown

Jun 6, 2012
I have a copy of freecell...that's it really...I don't really use my phone for anything other than text messages.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Music, all the apps that came with it too like Google maps and browser.
I have a few photo editing and paint apps. Games I have are Star Wars Angry Birds and the original, Bad Piggies, the MLP game, Tetris, Snake, Nyan Cat game, Cat Shot, Tickling Kitty, Hello Kitty Salon, Hello Kitty Cafe, Pool, Cut The Rope, Temple Run, Pumpkins vs Monsters... Probably have more but can't think right now >.>

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
mostly games and my favorite podcasts. Other than that not much besides a few pictures.

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
I have an iPhone 4. It's mostly music, but I have games on it. I have Sonic 1, 2, CD, Spinball, the 20th anniversary app and Sonic Jump, Temple Run, Tweetbot, and Instagram are the main things I use.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
I don't have a data plan for my phone, so... pictures. No music, either. I drive to work, and have a computer at work and at home, so I don't see the need to pay the insanely high Canadian costs for data plans (~$70/month). I pay $35/month as it is for 100 minutes of talk/free evenings and unlimited texts. Too cheap.

My phone is an LG... somethingorother I got a few(at least 3, maybe 4) years ago that looks like a poor man's Blackberry. It's worked just fine for my needs, though.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Eclipse Dragon said:
A lot of video game sound effects.
Every time I get a voice message, my phone says "Hey! Listen!" and I get to see the expression of horror on the face of anyone around me who understands the reference.
You are an evil genius.

OT: I don't have a smartphone... it's got internet access and whatnot but I'm not actually paying for that, so I mostly use it for texting.

Though there is some sensitive material present that I'd rather other people don't see, and I'm sure that the other person involved in said material would appreciate that as well.

Yay for giving away too much information on the internet. :D

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Mine is like 95% music and then there are a few games that I never ever play and I should probably just delete to make room for more music. The only apps I ever use as the default ones like Maps, Messaging, Safari etc as well as xkcd and FML, which take up like 5kb space each or something tiny.