whats the best song you ever heard? (in the last month or so)

May 20, 2009
The first half is good too, but I just love it when it changes to this. Anything by them is good though so I couldn't really choose. Was listening to these now so here ya go. Enjoy, in case you actually hit play.

Or that one. It's not supposed to be about the people living there mates, so don't blow your lid over it.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
Well to be honest their whole collection is freaking good. So I will post the song that made me fall in love with Blue Sky Black Death

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I have heard some pretty good music over the month of August so I am not going to be able to post just one. These four songs are the best I have heard over the past month.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
[youtubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME2QOCVtCdM
Jasper Byrne really knows his stuff.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Without a doubt, it's been Corvus Corax's Sverker, both the album and its title track. Corvus Corax are a band that plays all sorts of medieval-styled music, using traditional instruments and it sounds wonderful. The track Sverker though, stands out above the rest to me because it's written in Old Norse, which I'm studying, and it tells a typically Norse tale as well as sounding incredible.

I also found out about the existence of Mariachi El Bronx a little while ago as well, which was marvelous. The idea that a hardcore punk band, (namely, The Bronx) could have an entire-band alter-ego and release albums was fantastic, particularly as they were producing such a brilliant form of music under it. So, yeah. Mariachi.

Personally, I was really impressed by Acid Rain, the final track from the new Avenged Sevenfold album, Hail to the King. The album itself is generally rather good, but I just happen to think this track was fantastic, although perhaps it needs the framing of Planets before it.

Other than that, I picked up the new Amon Amarth album earlier this month and it's as good as the rest of their albums. Stand-out tracks for me were Shape Shifter and Deceiver of the Gods. Great stuff. I also found out about Ghoultown a little while ago and fell in love with their weird fusion of punky vocals with western musical overtones.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Guys, can you please use spoiler tags when you're posting Youtube videos? My browser is about to go into cardiac arrest, here.

Anyway, OT: I can't really think of much new stuff that's tickled my pickle, but I fucking loved Kavinsky's album that sadly appears to have been overlooked in favour of Daft Punk's lacklustre return...

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Probably a bit of Giant Squid...their sound is pretty unique and I don't think I've heard one bad song from them.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I finally got OC Remix' FFVI: Balance & Ruin downloaded last week, so with that said: here's a rock re-imagining of the Opera event.

Runner up position goes to Disgaea D2's Cradle Over, whose intro I can't stop re-watching.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
To me that has been the Pacific Rim theme tune and Rooster Teeth RWBY songs played in their four trailers and also their intro-

Seriously I even bought the film soundtrack and those five songs which I never buy download songs before until recently (in saying so I had £2 off discount from buying other media related stuff)!
That's actually quite good. I kinda like it.

OT: OK, this is a tricky question, I just rediscovered a band that I found a couple years back which fits me now that my music taste have changed slightly and so I am overwhelmed by new songs that I like.
I guess I will have to give my attention to the following two:

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012

I don't know what it is about this song, it's just amazingly good.

Apr 24, 2008
I don't think I've heard anything this year that I give a damn about. I'm going to break rules and go a few months out of the designated time period.

I liked this, and only discovered it recently... So it counts.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Music from this year? ... There is a great deal to choose from indeed. The real problem is to narrow it down.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
That I've heard in the last month? Uhhh...

<youtube=s7mPppJYUwI>

That one. That one right there.

(I haven't listened to much new stuff recently, although I really do like this one.)

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
Saw Accept at the start of the month. We spent all day pumping ourselves on this song, and then they didn't play it!

Still awesome.