What's The Best Thing That Happened To You This Week?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
IT'S FRIDAY! At least at the time of making this topic. :p

Hello, my fellow Escapists. It's Friday and I'm happy to say that after 3 months of unemployment I've finally landed a new job that starts on Monday! So lets celebrate all the good news that happened this week by simply answering the question "What's the best thing that happened to you this week?"

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Well, this week I found out that the apartment complex I live in might be getting shut down over the next few months, so all of the tenants are probably going to be getting evicted sometime during the summer. And this is all while I'm in the process of trying to get together the financial aid and paperwork I need to go to university in Canada from the US.

Yeah, that about covers it.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Uh... nothing really.

Not that anything bad happened, but it's really just been a week like every other.

We've been enjoying very fine weather these past couple of days. That's something, I guess.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I took my boyfriend and his brother out to see the new Captain America.
Spent a shitload of money, but it's nice to treat other people occasionally.

But now I have an ear infection, so that kind of sucks.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
Well, this week I found out that the apartment complex I live in might be getting shut down over the next few months, so all of the tenants are probably going to be getting evicted sometime during the summer. And this is all while I'm in the process of trying to get together the financial aid and paperwork I need to go to university in Canada from the US.

You seem to have misread the title of the topic, my condolences for your unlucky situation with the apartment though. Maybe it won't happen or you'll end up finding a better place!

OT - The single best thing this week... hmmm... My four year old daughter started doing impressions of daddy, I wrinkle my forehead when I think so she sits next to me and says "We're thinking," while crinkling her forehead in a most serious fashion, usually while holding a stuffed bunny in a completely non cute way as well.

Also I got to try Nerds jelly beans which were awesome. I think Easter candy might be surpassing Christmas candy in my book, I really love gummy stuff.

I know that's two things, it was a good week. Honestly I could go on but I don't really want to be that guy.

Oct 10, 2011
It rained! After a long drought, that is a very good thing. Especially for those weirdos who like to sit in the rain[footnote]I mean myself, of course.[/footnote]

I also have awoken the Cactus God Spinus, and I have become his herald. That's pretty cool.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I had a job interview at a local university. It went well and hope to hear something more next week. I hope it's good news as I'm tired of my current job and am on the verge of just walking away from it....as foolish as that would be.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Treeinthewoods said:
shrekfan246 said:

You seem to have misread the title of the topic, my condolences for your unlucky situation with the apartment though. Maybe it won't happen or you'll end up finding a better place!
No, that was proper probably the best thing that's happened to me this week. It's not 100% guaranteed to happen, but it's looking and sounding serious by the rumors running about the complex and some of the status updates the complex themselves have put out.

I don't tend to have the best luck. Around this time last year I had a kidney stone.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I got my obligatory studies internship at last! At least 1000 pounds were lifted off my chest when I got the phone call. And it doesn't have a shabby pay either.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Monday: Just another Monday so forget that.

Tuesday: Meh, until that night when a friend started to drunk text me... almost got some sexy pics out of that, her idea not mine, but her phone died.

Wednesday: I had to get up at 5 in the morning & go to work, do I really need to say more?

Thursday: Another day of work, but at least it was payday, that's always a good thing.

Friday:(Today) At work & it's raining & I have a toothache, but I'm going to pick up South Park: The Stick of Truth this afternoon.

So all in all just another normal week.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Well, from today I have over two weeks of holiday away from work for the Easter break, and my boss gave me a chocolate bunny, so that's probably the best thing which has happened to me this week. Well that and getting my monthly paycheck on Monday :)

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
I saw the Lego movie last night. It's the only thing to stand out of what I did. Yeah I have a boring average week.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I came home from my boyfriends to discover my new wig had been shipped super fast and was here and my FFVII shirt :D I love them, they're awesome :D I put them both on and did a happy dance.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I got a parcel.

It was literally just a parcel. The shipping company forgot to actually put my thing in it.

I suppose what I'm saying is nothing particularly bad happened to me. But yes. I got an empty parcel. I hate this country.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I suppose I finally got a decent build figured out in Dark Souls this week if that counts? Seriously I still don't fully get the stats in that fucking game and yes I refuse to look up a guide because guides are for shitty casuls. I've always built myself into a corner with wrong stats before aside from me just copying a build from an LP AKA the only build i've ever beaten the game with before.

I killed that one Black Knight at the start of the game really early with gratuitous backstab abuse my pure skill and have used and upgraded his Black Knight Sword from there on. Now i'm just debating between a fast roll armour set or a more survival but less mobile set but you're supposed to swap armour on a case by case basis in Dark Souls anyway. I think. No way that Sanctuary Guardian is going to die without fast rolls...

Still the BK Sword is fucking slow and there's no animation cancelling in this game so you're committed to your slow ass twohanded sword swing no matter how quickly the boss of the hour is throwing his instakill attack at you. It's a little bit off my preferred playstyle really but I don't even like Dex scaling swords either. Whatever the fuck Dex scaling is.

Maybe i'll try a magic build for once later. Haha who am I kidding no I won't, magic sucks in all games ever. Full parry build next complete with rushed Parrying Dagger right when you start (tried it in my current built for a second, seems to make parrying harder but further tests are required) and some little pokey sword. I assume i'll either stop at Sen's Fortress and declare the build terrible and discontinue it or beat the game with it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I played Hagane. For the uninitiated, Hagane is among the rarest SNES games released in the US. Hagane is similar to Ninja Gaiden in that you play as a Ninja (in this case, a robotic-ninja) going through level-after-level slaughtering enemies and monsters. It was only distributed by Blockbuster in the United States and even by those standards had a limited release. I made it to level 1-2 before hitting a game over screen...

Other bits of fortune would be my grabbing Ghouls n Ghosts on the NES (beat the first boss and made it to the second part of the second level) and The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy, also on the NES which is in a strange, gold cartridge. I also picked up Alundra 2 which I've never played before though looked interesting.

(9,500 posts!!)

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I got a big promotion and nice pay rise at work. I also never have to work Saturday shifts ever again. Everything's coming up VanQ!