What's the best thing that's happened to you recently?

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
A very beautiful woman asked for my phone number the other day, always a good thing....

yeti585

Apr 1, 2012
The best thing that has happened to me lately is that I no longer have to do an AP world history project. My schedule does not allow me to take the class so I take it two levels lower.

The worst thing to happen to me is dropping a level in science. I was a level below AP in biology, than dropped down another level for this year. Now, I would be fine with this, but my friend who my teacher said to the kid that he was going to drop him a level in science stayed in the level of class we were in.
Phasmal said:
...I made a cake...
What kind of cake?

Captcha: Cheese fries
You made captcha hungry.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
yeti585 said:
Phasmal said:
...I made a cake...
What kind of cake?
A double layer chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing and mini marshmallows on top.
It came out looking a bit wonky cause I'm not great with the greaseproof paper but it tasted really good. Very sweet.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
My girlfriend's dad told me I could marry his daughter. That was an awkward conversation (we're not planning on it for a few more years at least).

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Matthew94 said:
Tell us your story. (and show us the dance of your people :D)

But seriously, go on.

Captcha: egg on

o_O
The dance of my people
More story? Ok, for the last 2 years I've been a cancerous waste of space, and it looks like I'm turning into just a waste of space. I'm not completely clear yet, but both remaining nodes have shrunk by about 35%

On the other point, I was at a music festival with a romantic interest, it was great fun.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Phasmal said:
yeti585 said:
Phasmal said:
...I made a cake...
What kind of cake?
A double layer chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing and mini marshmallows on top.
It came out looking a bit wonky cause I'm not great with the greaseproof paper but it tasted really good. Very sweet.
You should make something like this next.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Colour-Scientist said:
Lol, I'm only good at making cakes taste nice. I'm not good at making them look nice.
Plus the only icing I like is buttercream and you can't do anything fancy with that really, which is why I don't like wedding cake- royal icing ugh.
When I get married I'm having buttercream icing on the cake no matter what anyone says.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Fappy said:
My girlfriend's dad told me I could marry his daughter. That was an awkward conversation (we're not planning on it for a few more years at least).
"Fuck it, she's your problem now!"

Feb 22, 2009
Nothing of any importance has happened to me recently.
But I'm happy, because I've been having fun with friends, going out to clubs and stuff, which is entirely new to me and I love it.
So I guess the best thing that's happened to me recently is going out with friends and such, and finding out that even I will dance if I have enough alcohol in me.

Also, why did you remind me of exam results? Now I'm scared.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
I met a girl who's absolutely amazing, and we have so much fun together doing absolutely anything. We're both on vacation with family in different places now though, and being apart is almost physically painful (she feels the same way, D'awww). Of course, that could just be because of the family I'm spending my vacation with.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
got an interview at a nice hotel for a trainee chef position, the guy liked me enough to get me in on a test-day next week, if all goes well i should be working before end of the month yay!

oh I also got my university degree, I guess that's a good thing as-well

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That my feet wasn't killing from all the walking I did from work.

Just to back up abit, yesterday I went to this huge shopping district (Cheshire Oak) with my parent and I figure I could buy a new shoe since I think my current shoe is what causing my feet to hurt alot. Granted this wasn't a problem until recently, I guess I've done alot more walking than usual.

So overall the new shoe did their job for not hurting my feet from walking alot.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Today, it snowed. You have to understand that in my entire life it has never snowed here before. I, and many others my age have never experienced snow until now.

During school, we went on about business as usual. The science teacher was giving her lesson, explaining the connection between volume, temperature and pressure (or something like that) when all of a sudden, one of the students yelled "it's SNOWING!" and everyone jumps up to take a look outside.

Now this teacher isn't a hardass, but she has always been a little strict about everyone keeping focused on what she was teaching. Today however she seemed to understand that these kids have never experienced snow before in their entire lives, instead of telling everyone to go back to their seats she just made a short joke about our attention spans and then joined everyone to take a closer look outside-for the rest of the lesson.

I thought that was nice of her, to stop the day's lesson to let her students enjoy the snow.

Same thing happened in math after the bell rang, the math teacher just quickly finished explaining what she wanted to explain and then patiently let the class outside. By then it was REALLY snowing, and the whole school was outside.

Hundreds took their cellphones out to record this once-every-30-years event. I even saw the nice book lady step outside of the school bookshop to take a few quick shots on her cellphone.

Seeing so many excited people, so many smiles, was nice.

It was a lovely distraction, it's the little things in life.

lithiumvocals

Jun 16, 2010
Haven't had much happen. I re-discovered Dropkick Murphys and started playing Metroid games. I guess that's good.

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
Oddly enough, my contract running out which means I'm unemployed. I've been able to sleep in, relax, and have a flight booked to see a bunch of relatives I haven't seen in years. I haven't had anything resembling a vacation in several years so maybe that's why.

Feb 22, 2009
bazaalmon said:
I met a girl who's absolutely amazing, and we have so much fun together doing absolutely anything. We're both on vacation with family in different places now though, and being apart is almost physically painful (she feels the same way, D'awww). Of course, that could just be because of the family I'm spending my vacation with.
D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I learned last Friday that for the first year of my new major, I will learn how to fly (both private pilot and instrument certification)! I AM EXCITED!

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
Finally got a job and met the woman of my dreams who I am already planning to propose to

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I've been off of work for the past 5 nights in a row, this being the 6th night. It's a double-edged sword since the way my schedule is set up I'm going to be getting a not-quite-as-great check this pay period. On the plus side though, I've had plenty of time off to procrastinate! As for something good that's happened, I've found a way to get over Liefeld taking over Deathstroke in World's Finest: Huntress/Powergirl which ties into Earth 2 which is another New 52 series I'm feverishly and, hungrily following. I would really want to list Deadpool kills The Marvel Universe but my comic shop was sold out of it...dammit.

OH Watched the Curiosity landing. That was pretty epic in that I have a positive historical event that I actually remember happening [sub][sub](I was alive when the Berlin Wall and Soviet Union fell but I was a little, little kid then and gave no fucks and indeed, had no fucks to give or even the concept of fucks to be given)[/sub][/sub]