What's the big deal with modern warfare 2?

jj90

Oct 24, 2008
Woodsey said:
One minor difference? Clearly you've looked into the game a lot then.

People like them because they're well crafted, exciting, involving and good fun. CoD is to FPS's what Uncharted 2 is (apparently) to third person action adventures. Not particularly original, but made with very high production values.

Fair enough if you're not bothered about it, but you're hardly making a balanced argument by not even trying to look through someone else's opinion.
ditto.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I'm not sure... It just looks shiny. I for one am not interested in it and I think that hype will kill this game. But that's just me. I know plenty of people who will be buying this game and are very excited. I'm more interested in Left 4 Dead 2.

Sipo

Jul 25, 2009
BLS said:
I'm going out an a limb here but I'm assuming most of you are going to buy modern warfare 2. I am not. I really don't see what's the big attraction in yet another first person shooter which will basically be like all others with one minor difference. What I'm trying to say is what will make it so good?
\

FINALLY SOMEONE I CAN AGREE WITH

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
Every game will have a crowd that will buy it no matter how good or bad it is.

I haven't played it so I can't say whether all the attention MW2 is getting is deserved or not but asking 'what do you people find so good about it?' is pointless because you're asking someone to explain their tastes to you (never an easy thing to understand and even more difficult to reach an agreement over).

You don't want to get it? Great, you've made your choice.

Someone else wants to get it? That's also great, they made their choice too.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Pararaptor said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Bra-fucking-vo
Good for you, you're not buying the game. Shut the fuck up and let everyone else who wants it get it.
Jesus, calm down. He wants to know why everyone thinks it's so good, he's on no high horse.
I can't Stephen D:

Seriously though, he's telling us as if we should be admirable or something yet he gives us half a decent reason. I don't give a shit whether he's buying it or not.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
"What's the big deal with-"

Let me stop you there. The big deal is that everyone has different tastes in games and if you don't understand why they like it you don't have to play it.

[small]P.S. I've never liked CoD so I definetley don't caer about #2.[/small]

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
I'm getting it because I liked CoD4 and I simply want more of the good stuff. It'll also be the first game on PS3 which anyone of my local friends will also buy, meaning that I'll actually have the chance to play online with not just complete strangers.

So yeah, great gameplay and fun multiplayer with friends is what'll probably make it good in my book.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
BLS said:
I'm going out an a limb here but I'm assuming most of you are going to buy modern warfare 2. I am not. I really don't see what's the big attraction in yet another first person shooter which will basically be like all others with one minor difference. What I'm trying to say is what will make it so good?
He's not getting it because it's going to be an 18, he's 16. Makes sense, really.

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
I WAS going to get it for the great story, interesting co op, and awesome multiplayer, that is, BEFORE IW decided that all PC gamers are pirates and therefore should get a shit version.

Also: "What's the big deal with..." is a TARP! Anyone who asks this question is already against whatever game they are asking about. They are trolls and you should ignore them.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
Great singleplayer, looks like excellent Coop but they are sticking with the same bullshit unbalanced perks based system. When will IW learn that Balance is GOOD? when!?
bjj hero said:
I've pre ordered it. Whats not to like? I still ptay COD 4 now 2 years on.

It is set in modern day which is my preference. The controls are tight, there is plenty of polish, the pacing is good, I get to play as the Brits in solo play, multiplayer gives lots of tweaks, customisations and options, not much lag in online play, the option to play hardcore where it doesn't take an entire clip to kill someone and kill streak bonuses are nice too.

#takes a breath#

Hope this answers your question.
It doesnt take an entire clip to kill someone in Core anyway.
Naturalized said:
You are joking right?

Well if you aren't going to buy then that's your choice but the only FPS series that I can actually play for any length of time, is CoD. Treyarch CoD games don't count, so this will be 2 years since the last one. Ample time for improvement and refinement.

I know it's going to be good. I've looked at the weapon list and like what I see. My only complaint is the sniper rifles don't look all that great.
Treyarch Cod games DO count, stop being such a baby.
Treyarch made the best online Cod to date, but no one knew about how awesome Cod3s online was because to them it was all just another "WWII shooter".
COD3 online sucked arse. And i prefer ww2 era games. it was just plain awful. CoD2 was the best in the series, and Mdern Warfare 2 looks like being the best game ever. I mean come on, just look at it, its beautiful.
And no, treyarch games dont count, they are like the sequals to the matrix that never happened

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
It's a generic shooter in all its glory. The problem is that it is made by a developer that is famous for delivering solid single and multiplayer action. And I have loved IW's last three games and the fourth looks ridiculously promising so I don't see any reasons to stay away from it.

BLS

Apr 20, 2009
Maybe I wasn't so clear in what I originally said, I mean to say I am fed up with so many shooters, I haven't been following what's new with what'll be going into it (mostly because I can't be bothered) I want to know what'll make it stick out from the crowd from the conversations I have been involved with, everybody is making out like the online is the best online ever. Maybe it's just me but I can't get excited over it.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
It's because it's a Call Of Duty game. The games have been known to be good and the game will proably sell millions on the name alone like the orginal Modern Warfare did. The fact that Modern Warfare was good dosen't hinder it either.